Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Hachiko wrote: »
    your horse is so high i am surprised you have not broken all your limbs at this stage.

He said people met up previously to wash cars, don't see anything particularly untowardly about that.

Then again I dont have the mind set of wanting posters you dont like banned and sending out snidey pm's to mods.

If I can weigh in (not that I give a flying fudge about a meet on the other side of the island) but PP could have edited that post to say 'wash cars', he left it as 'wash themselves' and just posted below it (which he then edited because he spelled wash wrong) he posted it like that to get a reaction, bad form if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,296 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Im going to dublin tomorrow on the bus, ahh anyone want to come be a bus w****r with me ? :p

Ya know i thought i'd post it up incase, its before 7am though so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That Vento Atlintic looks like it was pulled out if it.

There was also a megane, an e39 520i and a marea jtd abandoned there.

The megane had a lovely shade of moss green carpets I have to say.

There was also a megane, an e39 520i and a marea jtd abandoned there.

The megane had a lovely shade of moss green carpets I have to say.

Overall i would say the meganes open back window and the e39's SE's flat tyres put them in a tie for second place after the Jetta

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I really don't get the negativity here tbh.
    This wasn't a boards meet, it was a group of friends, most of whom happen to be on boards (like the majority of the country) meeting up for a chat.

I've personally met most of the guys from other forums or through mutual friends. I'd chat to a number of them on a regular basis, unlike the majority of posters here in motors.

Sorry if a few people feel excluded but frankly you need to grow up.

Tis a sad day for the motors forum if a few guys can't post up a few pics of their cars without getting crap about it.

You're choosing to miss the point here along with everyone else who attended. I have absolutely no problem with a group of people meeting up on a Saturday and I have no problem if those people met through Boards. The problem that I have is them posting about it afterwards. I'm close friends with a number of the regular posters on here and we meet on a regular basis. However, when we do we don't post about it on boards afterwards talking about how fantastic a meet it was.

• Advertisement

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    You're choosing to miss the point here along with everyone else who attended. I have absolutely no problem with a group of people meeting up on a Saturday and I have no problem if those people met through Boards. The problem that I have is them posting about it afterwards. I'm close friends with a number of the regular posters on here and we meet on a regular basis. However, when we do we don't post about it on boards afterwards talking about how fantastic a meet it was.

Oh come on now.......

Seriously ?

So if I go to my doctor with a severe pain in my left nut and if I post about that on boards, is it then boards related?

Get over yourself there would you? If you don't see the difference between a large number of regular posters meeting and going to the doctor you must have to wear adult nappies.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I don't think I miss anything tbf, my post references the ability to post some pics without getting crap about it.
    I. Don't see any posts going on about how fantastic it was.

Surely we should be allowed to post a few pics of a nice collection of cars without people feeling left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Crikey, bunch of whinging girls on here. Boo hoo.

Nice collection of cars, pity I'm not a bit closer to wherever it was (I'm assuming cork some place but I don't know as I wasn't invited either lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

I wasn't invited either, bit ridiculous really.

• Advertisement

I was abit far away in north Galway, but like y'know they had rashers so that was that really...

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I don't think I miss anything tbf, my post references the ability to post some pics without getting crap about it.
    I. Don't see any posts going on about how fantastic it was.

Surely we should be allowed to post a few pics of a nice collection of cars without people feeling left out.

A number of people who attended this "not a meet" today were also people who, at the time of the "motors reform thread" or whatever it was called at the time. You know the one I mean, the one that the flop that was Irish Motoring came out of. Well those people made a huge point to complain about the development of cliques in the chat thread on here. then today here they are developing their own?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Crikey, bunch of whinging girls on here. Boo hoo.

Nice collection of cars, pity I'm not a bit closer to wherever it was (I'm assuming cork some place but I don't know as I wasn't invited either lol)

Less slagging us girls thank you :P

I didn't complain about anything only the lack of pics :P

Autosport wrote: »
    Less slagging us girls thank you :P

I didn't complain about anything only the lack of pics :P

12171385_1040757252625202_1461175109_o.jpg?oh=9ed7879750701ee24a052b81027f3d90&oe=56244924
    12168990_1040757295958531_1279140418_o.jpg?oh=ddc90432b36b65296773fd811b473088&oe=562582F6
    12170045_1040757355958525_1106834430_o.jpg?oh=1064aab3517d7290e136b8ea9e8f4a1e&oe=56256E15
    12169245_1040757372625190_1245850431_o.jpg?oh=7a795812d8c7d55248cc7809ce7cb845&oe=56245C75
    12168460_1040757395958521_924165330_o.jpg?oh=88b173fdb280b062f5141d7a90a7d537&oe=5625311B

11706516_987896241274020_344586432_n.gif?oh=a220d7008a15faf114eb6f57db250052&oe=56243668

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

It was a group of locals for the most part and nothing to do with here. Does everything need to come through here to be screened? Community doesn't involve living in each others pockets. I think all there knew the others meeting up, some of the people there i'd consider friends in real life. Meeting up with your buddies isn't a sin surely?

Personally I wouldn't be a bit put out by others meeting up. I see that as a good thing, people out having the craic with more like minded people. That's a good thing.

Now let me make this crystal clear here. There is no problem with people meeting up, obviously not, if I had a problem with that it'd be a bit odd.

The problem lies when one chap drives 150 miles each way to this "local" meet and nobody else outside that? As in not even a short post in the chat thread to say a few were thinking of meeting tomorrow in cork for brekkie, pm if interested.

IIRC people who attended that "meet" were also the ones who complained of the clique in the chat thread recently enough and yet now are creating their own.

For the third time, if there had been a meet organized by 10 of us in Midway and we hadn't mentioned it here you can guarantee people from Connacht and Munster would be wondering why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I like the ass in pic 2 ;)

So many cars parked badly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

CLb6KlyWoAAK2cb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

166man wrote: »
    Now let me make this crystal clear here. There is no problem with people meeting up, obviously not, if I had a problem with that it'd be a bit odd.

The problem lies when one chap drives 150 miles each way to this "local" meet and nobody else outside that? As in not even a short post in the chat thread to say a few were thinking of meeting tomorrow in cork for brekkie, pm if interested.

IIRC people who attended that "meet" were also the ones who complained of the clique in the chat thread recently enough and yet now are creating their own.

For the third time, if there had been a meet organized by 10 of us in Midway and we hadn't mentioned it here you can guarantee people from Connacht and Munster would be wondering why not.

Cop yourself on.

You weren't invited. Neither was I. Deal with it.

IMG_20151017_220424_zpsvr58yzkp.jpg

IMG_20151017_220304_zpscp6w4c3k.jpg
    IMG_20151017_220203_zpswzrkd12o.jpg

A number of people who attended this "not a meet" today were also people who, at the time of the "motors reform thread" or whatever it was called at the time. You know the one I mean, the one that the flop that was Irish Motoring came out of. Well those people made a huge point to complain about the development of cliques in the chat thread on here. then today here they are developing their own?

So... Let me get this straight. If a group of people who have boards accounts meet up its a clique all of a sudden? You're jumping the gun there fella.

I really don't understand the sour grapes over this. People are putting a negative spin on this to imply it was meant to be intentionally exclusionary or something.

A group seem to be intent on making a mountain out of a molehill here. Cliques you say? Look in the mirror lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

MugMugs wrote: »
    Cop yourself on.

You weren't invited. Neither was I. Deal with it.

Ah look who has returned just in time to step in and have a go at someone. No surprises there really at all.

Good man for stating the obvious as well. I just find it odd how I and others in the Leinster area "supposedly" get on so well with some of these guys with one guy actually offering the use of his car to another, yet can't even be bothered to extend an invite for a chat and a munch.

The irony as well over this whole clique thing is so damn amusing too.

@MuppetCheck - the absolute lols of you accusing someone on here of being cliquey. Thankfully some know a bit better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

166man wrote: »
    Ah look who has returned just in time to step in and have a go at someone. No surprises there really at all.

Good man for stating the obvious as well. I just find it odd how I and others in the Leinster area "supposedly" get on so well with some of these guys with one guy actually offering the use of his car to another, yet can't even be bothered to extend an invite for a chat and a munch.

The irony as well over this whole clique thing is so damn amusing too.

@MuppetCheck - the absolute lols of you accusing someone on here of being cliquey. Thankfully some know a bit better than that.

I wasn't aware I left. Occasionally stupid posts draw me into posting.

So... Let me get this straight. If a group of people who have boards accounts meet up its a clique all of a sudden? You're jumping the gun there fella.

I really don't understand the sour grapes over this. People are putting a negative spin on this to imply it was meant to be intentionally exclusionary or something.

A group seem to be intent on making a mountain out of a molehill here. Cliques you say? Look in the mirror lads.

You must be talking the mickey here now. Yes I'm aware that I have a group of friends who are members on here however I try very hard to keep all conversation on here general and inclusive to everyone on the forum. I also never organise events to deliberately exclude others.

*Kol* wrote: »
    Lol the rot started with the Skoda. Note the Audi was properly parked!! :)

Yep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I'm reading this topic from Malta and I'm also outraged I wasn't invited, mainly because I didn't really tell anyone I was going on holidays and how would you have known I wasn't available?! Surely if anyone here is meeting others also from here we should all be informed publicly in a topic with enough notice for us to at least sign up with out intent to go and then pull out the evening before!

F*ck you guys, I can't believe I was left out of this. I may slowly be realising that you're not all my real BFF's after all! :(

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

without the others getting their vaginas in a twist over it..
    aaaawwwwww..... Vaginas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Is there anything to be said for another mass?

You must be talking the mickey here now. Yes I'm aware that I have a group of friends who are members on here however I try very hard to keep all conversation on here general and inclusive to everyone on the forum. I also never organise events to deliberately exclude others.

The mickey is being taken by the opportunistic vultures circling this thread. And if you're implying I organised this you're wrong btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Wouldn't be an authentic Vento without a rusty tow bar, any bales of hay in the boot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I don't often attend meets myself so I'm not bothered one way or the other. However I've seen posts here on numerous occasions from 'impromptu mini meets' that there was no prior mention of on site.

So what? If a group of friends that may / may not have initially hooked up on boards.ie decide to meet up who's business is it?

I've made plenty of friends on this site and if I decide to meet a few of them for a chat and a bite to eat what law am I breaking?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement