Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Big Nasty wrote: »
    I don't often attend meets myself so I'm not bothered one way or the other. However I've seen posts here on numerous occasions from 'impromptu mini meets' that there was no prior mention of on site.

So what? If a group of friends that may / may not have initially hooked up on boards.ie decide to meet up who's business is it?

I've made plenty of friends on this site and if I decide to meet a few of them for a chat and a bite to eat what law am I breaking?

All of them apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

From this

86BE1365_zpsd68c70d8.jpg

And 25K miles later

4IfCmmf.jpg

You'll be all the one shade of red one day, I promise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

MugMugs wrote: »
    I wasn't aware I left. Occasionally stupid posts draw me into posting.

Oh I thought you had left.

Occasionally stupid posts bring out the same in you do they? Because your post achieved absolutely nothing!

Hilarious the amoun of people jumping on this thread now. Love how nobody answered the part about the meets in Laois. People are always welcomed there.

This forum has gone to the dogs much like the complete lol fest failure that was the Irish motoring forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

I don't often attend meets myself so I'm not bothered one way or the other. However I've seen posts here on numerous occasions from 'impromptu mini meets' that there was no prior mention of on site.

So what? If a group of friends that may / may not have initially hooked up on boards.ie decide to meet up who's business is it?

I've made plenty of friends on this site and if I decide to meet a few of them for a chat and a bite to eat what law am I breaking?

Yes I see your point, However, the problem that I have is that this was't just a couple of people, it was easily 10 plus cars. Clearly was planned well in advance and not impromptu. This is also a group that a number of have complained about the development of cliques on here and I think it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Yes I see your point, However, the problem that I have is that this was't just a couple of people, it was easily 10 plus cars. Clearly was planned well in advance and not impromptu. This is also a group that a number of have complained about the development of cliques on here and I think it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

We'll get our permission slips signed in future sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I still don't see why anyone should be offended by it. Few lads that happen to be members hook up for a chat. That's a clique now?

Wasn't invited myself btw and I'd personally know half the lads that went. Am I offended? Am I fook.

166man wrote: »
    This forum has gone to the dogs much like the complete lol fest failure that was the Irish motoring forum.

I know this is aimed at me as I was one of the people involved. Snide insults are you just showing your true colours here unfortunately. If you want to throw an insult do it like a man at least and be upfront about it.

That did fail, but for the little bit of effort a few of us put in we had a few decent meets through it. It's actually how a few of the attendees today met incidentally. I would take a positive from that but others feel better to sneer.

My cars through the years. Worryingly I still have most of them :pac:

82F17717F40B460EB9CE6BFF3FFBB4FA-0000363222-0003807074-01024L-611343A5A4F64B12B3B0ECB4ED62133A.jpg

AAA68D3FF23143988DB3C3A208DF6124-0000363222-0003209596-01024L-556869D633FE47ABB6C83D88DFFD83A6.jpg

BB42B8AED50C40AD8AF64496887A7C72-0000363222-0003422219-01024L-0718D036EB4F4E968E9265A795B5CE63.jpg

8FD9BF71D31344C1987760CB08C2F85A-0000363222-0003664460-01024L-43B213CFC8D04AB19319809CC3381EE8.jpg

122111E9C18745AAB8DF7C4CC53E4F25-0000363222-0003743410-01024L-621D8F220C58488AAD205053CE88BC4B.jpg

That's the order I bought them in :)

Is that a mini-meet going on in the last pic...you'll be shot at dawn:p;)

I know this is aimed at me as I was one of the people involved. Snide insults are you just showing your true colours here unfortunately. If you want to throw an insult do it like a man at least and be upfront about it.

That did fail, but for the little bit of effort a few of us put in we had a few decent meets through it. It's actually how a few of the attendees today met incidentally. I would take a positive from that but others feel better to sneer.

Funnily enough it wasn't aimed at you. There's no need to take things to personally and not every comment here from myself is aimed at you. After how you acted in previous threads back in the day I have absolute zero interest in aiming anything snide at you, let alone conversing with you.

I'm just pointing out facts. The Irish Motoring forum was a complete flop, it didn't work out. Sometimes things don't work out and it's upto you to not take things so personally.

Throwing insults around here will only get people banned.

• Advertisement

I'm aware this is the post a picture thread so here goes

L1qv5j.jpg

mxp9tc.jpg

mKleoT.jpg

I still don't see why anyone should be offended by it. Few lads that happen to be members hook up for a chat. That's a clique now?

Wasn't invited myself btw and I'd personally know half the lads that went. Am I offended? Am I fook.

Well that's great that you don't feel offended. I just think it's a pity because I could have very easily been in that part of the country today and would have enjoyed meeting up with a few members of the forum. Some of them I would have thought I got on well with and there were some cars there I would have liked to have had a chance to look at. (probably would have got lung cancer though from all the NOx from those dirty diesel VAGs though! :pac:)
    Is that a mini-meet going on in the last pic...you'll be shot at dawn:p;)

Nope. Just my and one friends car, I don't even think he was a member on this forum at the time of that picture as he was banned.

Nope. Just my and one fronds car, I don't even think he was a member on this forum at the time of that picture as he was banned.

Is your fronds name Palm? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Honestly lads, I thought this forum was fine, these last few pages have proven otherwise, seriously disappointed with the craic going on, serious amount of butthurt :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You'll be all the one shade of red one day, I promise
    A very good mate of mine has one of those QV(has those wheels in the last pic. Tres Chic. And rare I gather). My uncle, a true blue/red Alfa nutcase, as all Alfa lovers are, for many a decade, had one as well. Cracking little car they are too. One of the coolest 90's cars IMH and that was a decade with some very stiff competition*

In other news… and apropos of the thread, here's a pic of me seats, where my arse resides. :) And wot I cleaned earlier this very day.

365865.jpg

*and again IMH the decade where the "sporty" car reached a peak of sorts. Sandwiched between the old; we need to take sandpaper to our points and oil the trunnions and the playstation electric cars that followed, where "soul" could be called up on a dashboard screen as an option. And yes I can tell if the throttle is "fly by wire". My mechanic and mate who disbelieved this tested me with a few cars and I won that bet.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Is your fronds name Palm? :D

Lol! Edited. Pity it'll live on in the quote in your post:pac:

How are you finding the E60 so far? I bet it's a lot more modern feeling than the old E39! I'm not huge on the looks of the E60 but there is no denying how much more modern it looks. Is the drive equally more modern?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Holy tap-dancing Christ, I came on to stick up a picture, and it appears as though bitching and sniping has yet again infested the Motors forum.
    I originally joined Boards way back in 2003, but closed my account in 07 as I couldn't stick the amount of petty squabbling and crap that was thrown about the Motors forum. I signed up again a few years ago to get help on a few things, and the decline has unfortunately begun again....seriously questioning visiting again lads... Well done.. not that many care.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I don't know what's worse the whinging or the repeated winding up with more comments and pics.

Cop on the fcuk.

Honestly lads, I thought this forum was fine, these last few pages have proven otherwise, seriously disappointed with the craic going on, serious amount of butthurt :(

Yeah I think we all thought it was fine until people started their own private gatherings without inviting others but there you go.

Lol! Edited. Pity it'll live on in the quote in your post:pac:

How are you finding the E60 so far? I bet it's a lot more modern feeling than the old E39! I'm not huge on the looks of the E60 but there is no denying how much more modern it looks. Is the drive equally more modern?

Tbh I was a bit 'meh' initially. Didn't have the same level of excitement I usually get when picking up something new. I've had near ten Bimmers at this stage but was never blown away by the E60.

That said the more I drive it the more I like it. Only have it a few days but it's really growing on me. Completely different car than the E38 / E39 and admittedly doesn't have the same thoroughbred feeling to it but in other ways it's a far better drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Yeah I think we all thought it was fine until people started their own private gatherings without inviting others but there you go.

Why should that even matter? We're in completely different parts of the country. Yes on person came from Galway, I asked as I wanted to discuss his potential new purchase along with a good chat as I didn't get to talk enough at the last meet. People are getting far too bad at this. Terrible way to be IMO.

Tbh I was a bit 'meh' initially. Didn't have the same level of excitement I usually get when picking up something new. I've had near ten Bimmers at this stage but was never blown away by the E60.

That said the more I drive it the more I like it. Only have it a few days but it's really growing on me. Completely different car than the E38 / E39 and admittedly doesn't have the same thoroughbred feeling to it but in other ways it's a far better drive.

That's interesting alright. I hope it continues to grow on you.

I'm interested in the difference between the 39 and the 60. The guy I share my apartment just bought an E39 520i. Admittedly the one he got is a really really good example. Just about as good as you can get for any 12 year old car but my god did he pay for it! I tried hard to convince him to get an E60 instead. Budget wouldn't have been a problem for him but he had his heart set on a E39. I drove it on the test drive and it was really tight and a comfortable car but felt distinctly old fashioned in its handling. He is totally blown away by it but he is coming from a E46 320D so a lawnmower would have felt smooth and refined in comparison :p

I dunno about that. The E46 is a nimble machine and the 20d has plenty torque. That said, if the '46 was an SE and the '39 is a Sport there'd be a noticeable difference in handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Lads this whole offence-taking has been one big misunderstanding. No one was purposely excluded but the reaction is only proof that some folks shouldn't be invited to these things in the future and it is also this kind of childish nonsense that has brought the forum to its knees.

The absolute scutter that has gone on in the last few pages is actually sickening. To think that people can't do what they want and then post a picture of it without getting a reaction worthy of beheading someone's sainted mother is appalling.

If it was set up to exclude people, do you think anyone would then go and post it on here in order to cause trouble? I certainly don't think so. Would I give a flying rat's bollix if any of ye organised a meet outside of boards and didn't invite me? Like fvck I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Amen to that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

10501874_810801339002600_78084936647671487_n.jpg?oh=acaca76deadcc52d3c7f290211e8c625&oe=568C0B99

Heard about this really cool secret car meet in munster, was rushing down to it and had a wee issue. *may not be completely true*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Amen to that

I know what you're at but I would appreciate it if you didn't :)

Heard about this really cool secret car meet in munster.

And I was the star of the show. Even brought the family along.

Both_cars_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

That's a few pages of muck read through....

Can a mod post a few words to put this to bed?

• Advertisement

That's a few pages of muck read through....

Can a mod post a few words to put this to bed?

+1.

Christ.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement