Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

That's a few pages of muck read through....

Can a mod post a few words to put this to bed?

There's a report button... But they were obviously enjoying it as much as the rest of us:pac:

Heres a pic of my yoke in distress. Insurance expired 59 mins ago and won't be insured by me again. She'll be on DD in a few weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Looks like you enjoyed your last few hours in it anyway!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I don't want to drag this on much more than it should be but I do feel the need to address the clique comments and the midway/Leinster Vs Munster meets.

The last midway meet that I attended where a load of the guys were too obsessed with with the shmoke out of some passing car and the amount of dirt in a lads boot to even say hello when I arrived. Made no effort to say hello/ introduce themselves and no interest in looking at my car or talking to me, despite me taking the time to ask them about theirs... Cliquey is right..

Tbh that turned me off going to midway again and I feel a lot more comfortable meeting a few lads I know and I know I can easily have a conversation with.

Looks like you enjoyed your last few hours in it anyway!!!!

That was back in august :) Stuck in a car park/field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Big Nasty wrote: »
    I dunno about that. The E46 is a nimble machine and the 20d has plenty torque. That said, if the '46 was an SE and the '39 is a Sport there'd be a noticeable difference in handling.

The E46 was an SE. To be honest it was a bucket. Steering was really heavy but still vague. I'm not really an expert on suspension but to meet the springs were over stiff while being under-dmaped. Then engine was probably good for it's time but way worse power delivery than its modern equivalent which I would be more used to. The one redeeming feature it had was excellent brake feel. The E39 is a sport. Personally I wouldn't be blown away by it's handling but at least the steering is a bit nicer (lighter though IMO still lacking feel.). Most importantly the 6 cylinder engine and an auto 'box is so far superior to a 4 banger diesel. Interior is way nicer too as it's cream leather not black. (I personally can't stand black interiors!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Dream machine meets Superdream (and Sunny)

22259968901_a842612511_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I know what you're at but I would appreciate it if you didn't :)

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Autosport wrote: »
    I like the ass in pic 2 ;)

The HOLE 57 years of it ? :pac:
    Autosport wrote: »

So many cars parked badly :D

If we parked straight we would have been sent home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Yikes,I was thinking of attending meets of late but seems like I'm best not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Also GvidoR i took these especially for you :)

So SCENE

Thanks Supergurrier, I love it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

23llcb9.jpg

Pressed metal plates will be here tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The last few pages of this thread, have really made me feel bad about not knowing about the Cork meet. I feel bad because it was probably the first meet in a long time where the morons on this forum didn't get to go to. After seeing some pictures, and videos of recent Boards meets where lads are desperately trying to out-shítbox each other, with their smokey piles of rot, this Cork meet, (which was organized on another website btw) looked to be a collection of genuine car enthusiasts for a change. The haters on here need to untwist their knickers because it's this exact kind of bullshít that would make most other users want to organize "secret" meets, so that they don't have to listen to such bullshít. Grow the fúck up. A group of people met up, one of the connections between these people was Boards, but I'm sure they were all facebook, and Irishmotoring users too.

A certain portion of this forum really need to step back and have a real long look at themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I wish I had soooo big problems. :]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Quazzie wrote: »
    The last few pages of this thread, have really made me feel bad about not knowing about the Cork meet. I feel bad because it was probably the first meet in a long time where the morons on this forum didn't get to go to. After seeing some pictures, and videos of recent Boards meets where lads are desperately trying to out-shítbox each other, with their smokey piles of rot, this Cork meet, (which was organized on another website btw) looked to be a collection of genuine car enthusiasts for a change. The haters on here need to untwist their knickers because it's this exact kind of bullshít that would make most other users want to organize "secret" meets, so that they don't have to listen to such bullshít. Grow the fúck up. A group of people met up, one of the connections between these people was Boards, but I'm sure they were all facebook, and Irishmotoring users too.

A certain portion of this forum really need to step back and have a real long look at themselves

Spot on there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

It's amazing what a situation like this does to people. Not surprising though.

Entitlement/sh*t stirring/background bog trots not seen in ages that suddenly become active to spew condacending tripe/goody 2 shoes and the rest

If people want to meet up, grand. I love seeing pics of friends meeting up that genuinely all have a common interest and sharing it with us all. Isn't that what this is about? Isn't it their business whom they want to invite/tell what is happening? Doesn't that show that there is a thriving community of enthusiastic posters dotted around the country? Doesn't matter if it's a meet on a Pacific island with all boards members, thats what I came in here to see.

Instead, I see millitant muppets belittling other members just out of nastiness. Who more than likely have their own clique and are talking about everyone anyway. How 2 faced eh.... Very disappointing. Not very surprising

If thats the general tone and conditions of some posters who want to attend meets then count me out. I certainy don't want to be seen with bickering little boys mouthing off people they have never even met or even care to meet

Keep the pictures coming in. Thats what were all here to see. There was some nice motors at that Cork meet :)

The opinion of an observer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I couldn't give a ****e either way.

Just want to see pics of cars less bitching from both sides its ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I'd love to take part in a meet but I doubt my ****box would make it :D and besides... feck all meets going on in Loughrea except gob****e 1.4 Civics lowered to the absolute balls.
    I honestly don't see any issue with people meeting up, having a bit of a banter and then heading home. Of course, opinions are like assholes..
    For sure I wouldn't have made it even if I was invited as I'm about 2k km away but.... if anyone wants to have a Warsaw meet then I'll get my bus fare ready :D
    Lads, let this be the final post on this topic and put the whole thing to bed. There was no need for this thread in particular to have been ruined so fast over a few photos.
    No one even knows my real name here (Kevin nice to meet you all :)) and vice versa but I like to think that I'm part of a certain "community" where I can talk ****e about the everyday frustrations of owning a Honda, checking out peoples pride and joys and in general getting/receiving advice.
    Boards is funny in a way, to me it helps me feel more involved in all things Irish when I'm abroad and missing home - as I type this now I'm abroad and miss home.
    Let's not turn the motors forum into the new AH :)
    Peace out everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I always thought you were Polish :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I thinks its terrible alltogether and its all your fault Meister guy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,297 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

So today i bought an Bimmer :p

12170020_1041042569263337_1502852653_o.jpg?oh=e6ad3351d2613d16a059108bdc1813d0&oe=5625D701
    12169757_1041042595930001_450103181_o.jpg?oh=0ab0011fbf18868736f5389361b00ae2&oe=5625C20F
    12168297_1041042685929992_1399122809_o.jpg?oh=d0ddf9ac32c8a9a43144baadc9430195&oe=5625C9E4
    12171007_1041042759263318_1137519726_o.jpg?oh=8acee8e751f787573a557a0e09c7502c&oe=5625FC5B
    12171108_1041042815929979_347041003_o.jpg?oh=9cb3f52742240a3bbe38bbb7442d69e6&oe=5625957C
    12168627_1041042845929976_363443867_o.jpg?oh=0442feb6d32722a2d45d8a88d4c01520&oe=5625DE2C
    12171519_1041042935929967_819810103_o.jpg?oh=b86f172880fed5250b1377fdfb9d7658&oe=5625C581
    12171610_1041042982596629_1776586831_o.jpg?oh=ebceed5458a9151f359e0cdbf2cacd07&oe=5625D155

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Just so I can clarify from my side of things and people can stop throwing sly digs. There is no problem with people meeting up, mini meets happen here and there and they themselves are good for the motors community. It seemed to me like this was organized to exclude a certain group of people from attending.

People need to stop misinterpreting what others are saying, it seemed like there was enough people going to Cork that could have made the journey for others down worthwhile. Like minded people who enjoy a chat with people who would call friends and a munch.

I have asked this question four times now and got no response, if 10-12 of us met up and didn't mention it on here in Midway you can be damn sure that group would be wondering why they weren't involved.

I find it interesting the cavalry that have suddenly become active posters again in order to get a good swipe in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Just so I can clarify from my side of things and people can stop throwing sly digs. There is no problem with people meeting up, mini meets happen here and there and they themselves are good for the motors community. It seemed to me like this was organized to exclude a certain group of people from attending.

People need to stop misinterpreting what others are saying, it seemed like there was enough people going to Cork that could have made the journey for others down worthwhile. Like minded people who enjoy a chat with people who would call friends and a munch.

I have asked this question four times now and got no response, if 10-12 of us met up and didn't mention it on here in Midway you can be damn sure that group would be wondering why they weren't involved.

I find it interesting the cavalry that have suddenly become active posters again in order to get a good swipe in.

But sure look, life's too short etc, let's just move on...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Hahahahhahahahahha....

No. :P :D Da mean shtreets of Baile Loughreaaaaa lad

I hope I'm not breaking the rules by posting a pic. :P

21869178239_04bc96523b_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

GvidoR wrote: »
    I hope I'm not breaking the rules by posting a pic. :P

*snip*

Would you ever get a car wash, fcuk sake?! Topaz were doing car washes for 1 euro! :pac:

Nice looking motor. The ST must be diesel-cheap to run if you can justify another €710 on tax :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Lovely purchase SG!

GvidoR are you ready for the track day :)

YbFocus wrote: »
    Lovely purchase SG!

GvidoR are you ready for the track day :)

Well... almost. Too bad they're not providing a car, but can't complain about free track time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

GvidoR wrote: »
    Well... almost. Too bad they're not providing a car, but can't complain about free track time anyway.

It's like €200 for 20 mins in the 911, got it for the groom of the wedding I was best man at. It would be too much cost to them :)

You need not go flat out, enjoy it, it will be good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh, did you have a mini meet and not invite everybody? For shame! For shame!

Well wear by the way. Fine motor!
    166man wrote: »

Not to be a pedant but there was no question there. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement