Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

My yoke in for a wash....

IMAG0294_zpsfvcfd1wp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

That is cool as heck Benny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Now that would be an epic car to take to a track.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

So today I had a mini meet with Supergurrier! :D

20151014_143026_zpsm60dtekr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

YbFocus wrote: »
    That is cool as heck Benny :)
    It sure is (although I may be biased....)
    GvidoR wrote: »
    Now that would be an epic car to take to a track.
    Quite a few people have said this to me now, I'd be afraid I'd wreck it tbh :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I got stuck in traffic earlier just in case anyone thinks it was an organised meet and you weren't invited :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

MugMugs wrote: »
    Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh, did you have a mini meet and not invite everybody? For shame! For shame!

Well wear by the way. Fine motor!

Not to be a pedant but there was no question there. :)

Well tbh you are correct but now you're just being childish. As a "moderator" you think you'd act a bit less like a child.

To all the people repeatedly making jokes about mini meets, cmon guys grow up a bit. There's a difference between 12 people and two people and if you can't see that well not much more to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Mini = small. Two people is a small amount of people. I have every right to call it a mini meet! :p

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Mini = small. Two people is a small amount of people. I have every right to call it a mini meet! :p

Okay fine :P

Today myself and Paul had a meet with 8 million people in New York :D

juM6Aq.jpg

Got an absolute earful from a Traffic Police dude for parking there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

166man wrote: »
    Well tbh you are correct but now you're just being childish. As a "moderator" you think you'd act a bit less like a child.

To all the people repeatedly making jokes about mini meets, cmon guys grow up a bit. There's a difference between 12 people and two people and if you can't see that well not much more to say.

surely time to move on or are you going to flog this for another day or so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

So what if there was a meet with 9/10 lads? Yes we knew each other from Boards but it was completely organised on another site between ourselves. What exactly was wrong with posting the pictures, seems that people liked them being posted judging by the thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

To all the people repeatedly making jokes about mini meets, cmon guys grow up a bit.

I think people are making jokes as the situation is childish and ridiculous. I don't think I've ever gotten an invite to a meet and have yet to take it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is that number plate offset on that mondeo yoke 166man?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

And I was the star of the show. Even brought the family along

This is my favourite song of yours...

Uh oh!

surely time to move on or are you going to flog this for another day or so?

Sorry who are you again?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is that number plate offset on that mondeo yoke 166man?

Yeah think it is Colm. Car is approaching 20000km as well and working well. Very good cars I think but fuel tank is a little small.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

im the person you always reply to on this forum. Perhaps being so upset and throwing a sissy fit has given you amnesia?

Everybody's had their say on meet-gate. There has been a hands-off approach taken, in the interests that those with grievances get them out in the open and everybody get their points across. This appears to have happened.

Enough is enough now though, it's business as usual with regards manners, rules etc.
    We need to move on from this, any more personal jibes/trolling/feckacting will be dealt with harshly

This is not the place to discuss the dynamics of the "community", perhaps take it to PM. Any further discussion of this on this thread will be taken as trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Here's one to unite us all

It was somewhat of a meet in spirit too!

I decided to copy FN's photo (badly)...

365979.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

I have this car the past 8 years. First owner since import. Was my first car and now the girlfriend drivers it. Since my car gets so much love I decided to give the civic some love.

The paint work needed a bit of tlc due to dullness, oxidation and some scratching. I did the following

prewash, 2 bucket wash, dry, t-cut, layer of polish, layer of wax. I am fairly pleased with the end result and the girlfriend is delighted. I think this will earn me some brownie points ha
    2015-10-18%2019.37.52_zpsyl4j5ijk.jpg

Not bad for a nearly 17 year old car with 250k kms on her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

After a heavy night at a family wedding on Friday, the only right job to blow off the cobwebs and clear the head on Saturday was to take the wee Puglet for a run up the mountains. For a 1.1 litre, 20 year old city car, by god the handling would put a serious grin on your face.

22098719490_184bd6c87a_c.jpg

21665717173_6ac2027494_c.jpg

22286737245_ef619c0f45_c.jpg

22273878022_6d6fb71481_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

would love to know what the vehicle behind you in the last pic was up to. looks like the sort of yoke you see schleping bins around a shopping center car park that got wayyy out of it's depth and ended up in the mountains!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

would love to know what the vehicle behind you in the last pic was up to. looks like the sort of yoke you see schleping bins around a shopping center car park that got wayyy out of it's depth and ended up in the mountains!

It's a quad bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Just a Honda TRX quad, or the Big Red as she's known, with a trailer full of turf. The young fella wasnt afraid to throw her very very sideways on the second hairpin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Cracking looking road though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    It's a quad bike.

cool :) still, rather him than me!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭vectra

YbFocus wrote: »
    Here's one to unite us all

It was somewhat of a meet in spirit too!

I decided to copy FN's photo (badly)...

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/279499/365979.jpg

That seems to be a favourite place for pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I bought this on Sunday, it's one of the cleanest cars I've ever seen and it's got an amazing service history with every receipt and NCT cert up to it's current 96k miles.
    I know it's gonna drink petrol and being a 2.2 it's a pig to tax but I don't care!
    Life is short and I want to have some fun.

_20151019_183912.JPG

_20151019_184012.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Very clean prelude! Need to swap the alloys though they're facing different directions! Well wear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Very clean prelude! Need to swap the alloys though they're facing different directions! Well wear
    I never noticed that, my OCD will drive me mental now until I've fixed it.
    Thanks for the head's up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement