Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭robbiew

Well wear tt

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

I bought this on Sunday, it's one of the cleanest cars I've ever seen and it's got an amazing service history with every receipt and NCT cert up to it's current 96k miles. I know it's gonna drink petrol and being a 2.2 it's a pig to tax but I don't care! Life is short and I want to have some fun.

I saw a same one in Lucan on Sunday morning. I had a Prelude for couple of years till i became daddy. My all time favourite. All the best :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

'Kin sweet Honda TT! *thumbsup* and it's a minter by the looks of it. Very nice.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Best of luck with the new motor, I like the houses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Nice Prelude.

I don't what you were doing with the number plate, it's still clearly visible. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

GvidoR wrote: »
    Nice Prelude.

I don't what you were doing with the number plate, it's still clearly visible. :P

I don't know what I was doing there either tbh,
    I've seen other folk blanking there's out so I thought I'd try the same (badly) for some reason.

Sure how many people see your reg when you're just driving around anyway?!

I'm delighted with the car so far, I like fact that it's completely stock. The temptation is there to do one or two small things here and there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

CianDon wrote: »
    After a heavy night at a family wedding on Friday, the only right job to blow off the cobwebs and clear the head on Saturday was to take the wee Puglet for a run up the mountains. For a 1.1 litre, 20 year old city car, by god the handling would put a serious grin on your face.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5622/22098719490_184bd6c87a_c.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/625/21665717173_6ac2027494_c.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5733/22286737245_ef619c0f45_c.jpg

22273878022_6d6fb71481_c.jpg
    Where is that Cian?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Lovely prelude. They are a cracking car

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm delighted with the car so far, I like fact that it's completely stock. The temptation is there to do one or two small things here and there though.
    Stock is good. If I was doing anything I'd make it easily reversible. OK Preludes didn't suffer the drove through Halfords covered in glue of other Hondas like the Integra or especially the Civics. They were a more "adult" car, but I'd reckon there are precious few left in the stock condition your beauty is. I reckon we'll look back at that period from say the mid 80's to say 2000 as a real peak in car design and production. That sweet spot between unreliability/more hands on and the push a button for "soul" of the cars since then.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Wibbs wrote: »
    Stock is good. If I was doing anything I'd make it easily reversible. OK Preludes didn't suffer the drove through Halfords covered in glue of other Hondas like the Integra or especially the Civics. They were a more "adult" car, but I'd reckon there are precious few left in the stock condition your beauty is. I reckon we'll look back at that period from say the mid 80's to say 2000 as a real peak in car design and production. That sweet spot between unreliability/more hands on and the push a button for "soul" of the cars since then.

I think the reason Preludes weren't as molested as Civics and Integras is because they were a 2.2.

Most people's cut off in Ireland is and was the 2.0 tax

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I think the reason Preludes weren't as molested as Civics and Integras is because they were a 2.2.

Most people's cut off in Ireland is and was the 2.0 tax
    Not just that they were a 2.2, but that partly because there was no "1.6 granny spec on de logbook" version that they could be taxed and insured as with a little bit of cute hoorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Not just that they were a 2.2, but that partly because there was no "1.6 granny spec on de logbook" version that they could be taxed and insured as with a little bit of cute hoorism.

Theyre really starting to clamp down on that now too, local lad i know is after getting a ban because of it. Dropped a b16 into a 1.4 civic and was banned because of it when he was stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Theyre really starting to clamp down on that now too, local lad i know is after getting a ban because of it. Dropped a b16 into a 1.4 civic and was banned because of it when he was stopped.

Serves him right too, just pay the tax and insurance or suffer with a 1.0 micra and be happy you can leave the house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

LawlessBoy wrote: »

How'd they know what engine he had?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

THE GOVERNMENT WILL NEVER KNOW HOW MANY VALVES I HAVE UNDER MY BONNET

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

Jesus. wrote: »

Havent a clue dont speak to him personally was common knowledge though that it wasnt a 1.4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Happened across a guard who knows his Hondas perhaps?
    Not an unreasonable request to pop the bonnet if your so called 1.4 civic is caught hauling ass is imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Quite a considerable difference between a B16 and a regular 1.3/1.4 in a Civic, for one, VTEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

I'll take a guess here but I think they might of opened the bonnet :)

1.4 d series
    gallery_1552_415_52307.jpg

1.6 b16
    84393d1257829215-1999-civic-ek-b16-swap-more-pics-civic05.jpg

True its not hard at all the tell the difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Quite a considerable difference between a B16 and a regular 1.3/1.4 in a Civic, for one, VTEC.

Good point but you can put a d16z6 vtec head on a d14a engine and have a 1.4 + vtec and 130hp. If you tune it a bit you go up to 135/140hp or 150 if you go for ITB's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Asmooh wrote: »
    Good point but you can put a d16z6 vtec head on a d14a engine and have a 1.4 + vtec and 130hp. If you tune it a bit you go up to 135/140hp or 150 if you go for ITB's

The d16 VTEC is around 120bhp, it's nothing special though and isn't really massively better than a 1.4

A b16 is on another level altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Pulled up to park at this exact moment yesterday without even realising it before hand...

533BF693-F35F-4AE4-80A5-D082992CAD18.jpg

(Didn't notice that smudge until just now either, can't see it in normal light in the car, but it shall be microfibred away! :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

1000 km... I can't even...

GvidoR wrote: »
    1000 km... I can't even...
    I don't think I'd be even able to drive a car with a 3digit km figure on the odometer.
    So used to 6digits I'd be just watching the thing clock up rather than watching the road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

I don't think I'd be even able to drive a car with a 3digit km figure on the odometer.
    So used to 6digits I'd be just watching the thing clock up rather than watching the road!

I reckon you'd have great fun with the trip meters so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Same! Used to feel awful heading home with dad years ago when he'd pick up a new car, watching double digits turn into triple, knowing there'd never be a blank space there again. A bit weird really! I'd be too busy swerving for flies and trying not to shed too much skin on the gearknob and stuff

I don't have that problem with the Celica :pac:

IMG_20150925_120142.jpg

5W30 wrote: »
    I reckon you'd have great fun with the trip meters so :pac:
    That just reminds me how long since I spent €70 and a rough guess at how long before it needs it again!
    Owning a brand spanking new car is just an alien concept to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

That just reminds me how long since I spent €70 and a rough guess at how long before it needs it again!
    Owning a brand spanking new car is just an alien concept to me.

I don't know if I'd like it personally. When you buy the car it's a new car and as the mileage goes up it just seems to get old :D

Sub €1000 cars is where the fun is at :pac:

• Advertisement

Same! Used to feel awful heading home with dad years ago when he'd pick up a new car, watching double digits turn into triple, knowing there'd never be a blank space there again. A bit weird really!
    Very philosophical, the inexorable march unto the grave ha.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement