Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

This is the only other one in my scrapbook and obviously not a car this time.
    It's my '72 Honda CB 500 Four. Restored it myself, owned it for over 10 years, sold it about 5 years ago.

135.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

New car already?? What happened the Z4 :confused:

Z4 is still going! :D

I had surgery on my back a few weeks after I bought it (typical of me :rolleyes:) so the Z4 can be a bit tricky at times as its very low, as in doesn't come with a jack cause it wont fit under the car low!

Honestly, I miss my Cooper S so would like to get back into something similar (Im a big hot hatch fan and enjoy the drive of a turbo car) hence the interest in the Megane RS. The Subaru would be my first choice as its been a bucket list are for a long time! Also looking at a mk2 Focur RS but thy look a tad lairy and are fairly expensive!

I dont want to go through the pain of selling the Z4 so im a bit stuck. I dont even know what it wold be worth? Care to hazard a guess seeing as you know your BMW's? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

GvidoR wrote: »
    Surely that must be a rare colour for the E46. Looks very good though.

very common in the 5 door but ive never seen a coupe in that colour until now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭vectra

emeldc wrote: »
    This is the only other one in my scrapbook and obviously not a car this time.
    It's my '72 Honda CB 500 Four. Restored it myself, owned it for over 10 years, sold it about 5 years ago.

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww326/fomcloud/135.jpg

WOW,..!!
    Looks absolutely new. I remember working on these when they were pretty new.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

My first grown up car.. 3.5 years of nice driving, being replaced next week by an A6 Avant Sline

G5ShY6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Wibbs wrote: »
    Stock is good. If I was doing anything I'd make it easily reversible. OK Preludes didn't suffer the drove through Halfords covered in glue of other Hondas like the Integra or especially the Civics. They were a more "adult" car, but I'd reckon there are precious few left in the stock condition your beauty is. I reckon we'll look back at that period from say the mid 80's to say 2000 as a real peak in car design and production. That sweet spot between unreliability/more hands on and the push a button for "soul" of the cars since then.

I couldn't agree more, I'm only looking at stirring up the engine a little bit. A panel filter with a cold air feed, a new manifold and decat pipe with a Superchip remap.
    I'm trying to get some more power without any extra noise.
    A good friend of mine is a mechanic in McNamarra's, they've a dyno and the expertise to help me out hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I couldn't agree more, I'm only looking at stirring up the engine a little bit. A panel filter with a cold air feed, a new manifold and decat pipe with a Superchip remap.
    I'm trying to get some more power without any extra noise.
    A good friend of mine is a mechanic in McNamarra's, they've a dyno and the expertise to help me out hopefully.

are you in baldoyle by any chance ?
    seen an identical prelude to yours today ;)

mods that work well without too much extra noise is panel filter and mugen twinloop system :D mate has it on his accord h22 euro R and its dead quiet and refined until you hit 5500rpm .

i love preludes - had an older lightweight jap 2-wheelsteer model 93 si-vtec manual / unmodified and it was such a fun daily i would love another :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I'm slowly developing a mile long putting green on my lane :)

366540.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

davycc wrote: »
    are you in baldoyle by any chance ?
    seen an identical prelude to yours today ;)

mods that work well without too much extra noise is panel filter and mugen twinloop system :D mate has it on his accord h22 euro R and its dead quiet and refined until you hit 5500rpm .

i love preludes - had an older lightweight jap 2-wheelsteer model 93 si-vtec manual / unmodified and it was such a fun daily i would love another :p
    Thanks for the heads up man, no it wasn't mine out in Baldoyle, I live further out in NCD.
    Any tips on where to pick up a few bits like that Mugen system please?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Thanks for the heads up man, no it wasn't mine out in Baldoyle, I live further out in NCD.
    Any tips on where to pick up a few bits like that Mugen system please?

http://www.honda-haven.com/ served me very well in my honda days and has a very busy parts for sale section section , nice friendly site too in my experience :cool:

cant see any twinloops for sale there at the min but ill keep an eye out for you :D

dtdirl has a great parts for sale section too;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Just bought a C180 (non-kompressor, 6 speed manual) additional to e39.. that's not going anywhere
    IMG_1264_zpsgsujqiuh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/157358/366683.JPG

xpiUyHW.jpg?1
    This is not a Mint Car.

This is a car that carries its age on its sleeve as a badge of honour. From the buckles on the wheelarch to the stonechips on the front bumper, to the cracked lens on the indicator to the bites taken by kerbing out of the alloys. This is a car than has lived, and been loved. It has been someone's pride and joy, a dream bought new. It has been idle and unwanted, waiting in the cold. It has been rescued and run. It has been a daily car. It is my First Car.

It has been over icy mountain passes in winter. It has carried tools and equipment to building sites. It has taken friends on long journeys and holidays. It has been a quiet haven of peace on a long night drive with only the ember glow of the instruments for company. It has been manic, on the edge of sanity, with a tearing engine begging to go faster and faster, ripping up the road.

And through that time it's picked up it's little dings and scars, a history and patina of a car that didn't confine itself to a garage, or sit preened in the driveway, but was used and enjoyed and was allowed to truly live and stretch its legs and see the world.

It has been faithful. Reliable. Trustworthy.

It's demanded its far share of spare parts and servicing, as any ten year old car might. But it has never once said No. It has never failed to finish a journey. It has never failed to start on a cold morning, or after being let soak hot in the sun. It's run and run, far longer than by all rights it should have - outlasting stablemates and peers alike.

This is an honest car. A real car. One that runs. One that drives. One that goes like all hell when given the chance. One that settles down when you feel like it.

One that still manages to clean up every now and then and look presentable, inspite of the wear and tear.

Or perhaps, because of it.

(EDIT: OK, how the **** do I resize that? The traditional attachment trick no worky)

Alan fixes all...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Nice RS4 behind you. B6 is it? Don't think I've ever seen one in the flesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

Big Nasty wrote: »

B5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

It's for sale at the moment I think, €18,995 :eek:

Sounds hefty. Looks clean though.

Sounds hefty. Looks clean though.

Was recently fully detailed, or so says the ad, it does look mint though.

Was recently fully detailed, or so says the ad, it does look mint though.

Full detail is what, €500?

That said it must be highly rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

****. That's more than I make in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

For an anyway decent detail you could easily be talking 3 times that figure! 500 Would only get you a basic 1 stage polish from a good detailer.

• Advertisement

Dartz wrote: »
    ****. That's more than I make in a year.

And you car is nicer looking!

Defiantly not worth 19,000 to me. Still looks like an A4 like!!!

I'd say somewhere around there for a decent one probably between 750-1000 for a full correction, ceramic protection etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Is that a Golf R in front of it??

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    For an anyway decent detail you could easily be talking 3 times that figure! 500 Would only get you a basic 1 stage polish from a good detailer.

I stand corrected. Still a pricey car IMO albeit very rare here.

I stand corrected. Still a pricey car IMO albeit very rare here.

The hours detailing takes is only unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

DSC_0761_zps1hwl0onr.jpg

DSC_0756_zpsgibni4gn.jpg

I'm really liking the Sunny in all its auto JDM glory

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Is that a Golf R in front of it??

Looks like a Mk6 R yeah.

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    The hours detailing takes is only unbelievable!

Yeah, I'm fairly aware of that. Doesn't mean you can slap an extra €10k on a car because it's been detailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

Picked this up last week. After a lifetime of vw. I went bmw. 523i.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm fairly aware of that. Doesn't mean you can slap an extra €10k on a car because it's been detailed.

That's very true. One of those things that doesn't ad anything to the sale price really. Probably Would make it sell faster than one that was't detailed, that's about all it would really add.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement