Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Moar pics

The clouds scattered to let the sound of heaven through

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

The clouds scattered to let the sound of heaven through

God wanted to take a look as he heard it's going up on donedeal next week :)

10269356_769381799762750_1629841503962591948_n.jpg

Mmm Bumblebee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

Mmm Bumblebee :)

I remember the good ol' days when Bumblebee was a VW Beetle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

WP_000177.jpg

WP_000357.jpg

Nice and Shiny! Always nice to spend an afternoon on cleaning the car (and changing the reg plate)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

Nice car dude. Class beading too. What wax you got on it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

GvidoR wrote: »
    Hahah, thanks. :)

When are you passing through? I'll make sure I park it somewhere you can see it. :D

I hope to be passing between 9 and half 9 in the morning. And coming back will probably be after midnight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Hahah, thanks. :)

When are you passing through? I'll make sure I park it somewhere you can see it. :D

I hope to be passing between 9 and half 9 in the morning. And coming back will probably be after midnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    I think we're talking about different models.

EK9>EP3

I think you're right!

I agree but I've a thing for a good EP3, there's the rare factor about them.
    As a drivers car, EK9 all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

renofan wrote: »

I guess I'll have to get breakfast earlier than I planned. :D

I'll be probably getting coffee at Subway at that time.

Nice car dude. Class beading too. What wax you got on it?

Auto glym super resin polish. And thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Timooo_23 wrote: »
    Auto glym super resin polish. And thank you!

No sealant or wax?
    How many passes of the polish?

Great finish for now finish on it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

That's all I ever use on the e60 either, one pass and it lasts 3 weeks to a month.

CianRyan wrote: »
    No sealant or wax?
    How many passes of the polish?

Great finish for now finish on it. :p

Just one pass with the electric buffer. Then run over the lot with a sheepskin mitten. I did compound it a few months ago. I only really have to maintain the finish. I am generous with the polish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Get some extra gloss protection on it. It's very easy to apply and it seals all you're hard work. It's very good stuff I always follow srp with it. Then wax which is actually my next job. I'm going since 7am :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Hal1 wrote: »
    Get some extra gloss protection on it. It's very easy to apply and it seals all you're hard work. It's very good stuff I always follow srp with it. Then wax which is actually my next job. I'm going since 7am :o.

isnt it normally SRP then EGP > then wax?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Yep. polish, seal, wax.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

DtWRvuf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

The new wheels are very nice, really transform the look of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

The new wheels are very nice, really transform the look of the car.

Yeah I'd have to agree, find myself smiling again every time I look at it :)

I need to sort out the stance a bit though, different offset than the last set! They're a bit lost in there

somTBSD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

CianRyan wrote: »
    According to who?
    It hasn't been tested yet.

Yes it has. I obviously haven't driven it myself but it has and is being tested.

as zebra says the suspension is very basic. It's got MacPherson struts in the front and a torsion beam in the back!, yes you heard right, a torsion beam on a 280 bhp car. The old car, the fn2 had the same setup and was the worst handling type R ever produced.

Fith gear tested both the fn2 type r hatch(torsion beam) and the Fd2 type r saloon(independent rear suspension). The saloon was proven to be a much more competent handler.

That 280bhp VTEC engine deserves a better chassis. The best handling type R was the ek9 which had a very sophisticated suspension setup with double wishbone all around. Now that was a proper chassis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

That 280bhp VTEC engine deserves a better chassis. The best handling type R was the ek9 which had a very sophisticated suspension setup with double wishbone all around. Now that was a proper chassis.

My Ek2 I had years ago had double wishbone all around as well. Didn't even know it at the time, looked it up recently. Another thing about that car was it was a 1343cc and had a higher bhp than the 1.4i, I didn't know that at the time either. It was a fast car for a SOHC 1.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

very pleased with this car. not sure why. it's not what i had in mind, but its "new" in terms of what i usually drive. nice and comfortable, looks well and handy on petrol. a serious step down in terms of power, but every other aspect of the car makes up for it.

DSC_0247.jpg
    DSC_0253.jpg
    DSC_0258.jpg
    DSC_0261.jpg
    DSC_0263.jpg
    DSC_0265.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

The newest arrival to casa de pickles

2rc3omf.jpg

2qak7xs.jpg

More pics tomorrow when its bright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Nice car, but what's the deal with that valeting air freshener? I see them and their carpet cover things everywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

That's a nice looking "rolla, Interior looks really nice :) Is it a swimmer? Looks like too nice a spec for Ireland :p

Needs moar low though:p

OSI wrote: »

Another Saab. Nice! What model is that? My knowledge of Saabs is limited.

Yep! A 91 900, 140bhp as far as i know, my knowledge on this is practically 0, but it should be a fun project

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Nice car, but what's the deal with that valeting air freshener? I see them and their carpet cover things everywhere...

the car was valeted when i bought it. the valet people must have put it in :pac: ... smells of strawberries.

gangster saab there pickles. all you need now is a machine gun.

edit: @DZ yeah it's a UK import, t3 spec. the 15's are lost in the arches, i fear lowering it would mean the car would be failing even harder :P maybe OEM 16's, then low.

the car was valeted when i bought it. the valet people must have put it in :pac: ... smells of strawberries.

gangster saab there pickles. all you need now is a machine gun.

What makes you think i don't already got one? :cool:

But thank you :) fun times ahead, the noise of it is unreal, very raw car compared to the 9-5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

That really is a class car their TP. I prefer them to the later generation saab. Maybe its the rawness that I like of it. You shall have fun with this one though....shouldnt be as complicated

• Advertisement

That really is a class car their TP. I prefer them to the later generation saab. Maybe its the rawness that I like of it. You shall have fun with this one though....shouldnt be as complicated

Hopefully, I have no idea where to start with it though, I suppose a check list and a clean tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement