Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

YbFocus wrote: »
    Have it nearly ready for Saturday, all the ghey looking essentials hooked up!

367030.jpg

cant see attachment dude?

duke new case international tractor :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

davycc wrote: »
    cant see attachment dude?

Thank you sir, strangely I could so I want you banned for quoting a pic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Mk1 Focus is very much ftw and anyone who disagrees is a communist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

JohnBoy26 wrote:
    I think the mk1 and the focus in general is very overrated in terms of the way it drives. They are nowhere near as exciting to drive as the Motoring journos make them out to be.

Do people actually overrate them? I'd have more fun driving nails then I do driving it at times, the amount of times I've nearly fell asleep driving it isn't funny.... and I do be wide awake getting into it. They are work horses, get on with the job and usually do little complaining. Reasonably simple motoring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

The Mk1 Focus interior always kills it for me. The dash looks... interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I'll not have this Focus bashing! How very dare ye!

yea i can see it fine now so all is good again ;)
    looks meaner already
    what day your trackday ? mondello or tynagh thingy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Do people actually overrate them? I'd have more fun driving nails then I do driving it at times, the amount of times I've nearly fell asleep driving it isn't funny.... and I do be wide awake getting into it. They are work horses, get on with the job and usually do little complaining. Reasonably simple motoring.

The motoring press does. As you say they are a grand car for day to day driving but the way some motoring journalists go on you'd think they are a brilliant drivers car with great steering feel, great handling, and also good ride quality.

I don't know about others but I've had 2 of them and I didn't find them remotely exciting and the steering was as vague as anything in that class. Comfort wasn't great either, very firm ride quality, bordering on uncomfortable on long journeys. The handling wasn't bad though but not as good as it was made out to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Have you had the ones they were most likely taking about? The ST or the RS? Even on the regular ones you'd need to push it on to see what they're talking about.

The chassis itself in any Mk2 Focus is one of the best out there, which is why it gets really good reviews and held in high regard. But the real proof is in the performance models, for the power they put down and all through the front wheels, they're a cracking car to drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    The motoring press does. As you say they are a grand car for day to day driving but the way some motoring journalists go on you'd think they are a brilliant drivers car with great steering feel, great handling, and also good ride quality.

I don't know about others but I've had 2 of them and I didn't find them remotely exciting and the steering was as vague as anything in that class. Comfort wasn't great either, very firm ride quality, bordering on uncomfortable on long journeys. The handling wasn't bad though but not as good as it was made out to be.

I have never driven a mk1 so can't comment on them but I always found my mk2 a nice enough yoke to drive, nice steering, handled well good gear change and all was fairly smooth. It wasn't a bad yoke to do a long drive in. I prefer the mk5 golf overall but I would say there was much in it in terms of being nice to drive.

5W30 wrote: »
    The Mk1 Focus interior always kills it for me. The dash looks... interesting.

The dash is fine in them I think but parts of interior don't take too kindly to the miles. Also a few things like the pedals and the gear knob are the same design as in older fords and the look very out of place in the more modern interior.

dar83 wrote: »
    Have you had the ones they were most likely taking about? The ST or the RS? Even on the regular ones you'd need to push it on to see what they're talking about.

The chassis itself in any Mk2 Focus is one of the best out there, which is why it gets really good reviews and held in high regard. But the real proof is in the performance models, for the power they put down and all through the front wheels, they're a cracking car to drive.

They were talking about the regular focus. In one review it was the 1.6 version. St or rs is a different ball game, wasn't talking about those and neither were the reviews.

CIP4 wrote: »
    I have never driven a mk1 so can't comment on them but I always found my mk2 a nice enough yoke to drive, nice steering, handled well good gear change and all was fairly smooth. It wasn't a bad yoke to do a long drive in. I prefer the mk5 golf overall but I would say there was much in it in terms of being nice to drive.

The mk2 is different though. It's bigger and more comfortable but I don't think it handles as well as the mk1. I find it rolls more in corners but it's definitely more pleasant to drive I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

davycc wrote: »

yea i can see it fine now so all is good again ;)
    looks meaner already
    what day your trackday ? mondello or tynagh thingy?

Mondello on saturday! Spin down if you are about. Morning session only, I have to go back to work after :(
    The tow hooks will be off the second I get home from it :)

They were talking about the regular focus. In one review it was the 1.6 version. St or rs is a different ball game, wasn't talking about those and neither were the reviews.

The 1.6 is lovely but I always take every review with a pinch of salt.

Mondello on saturday! Spin down if you are about. Morning session only, I have to go back to work after :(
    The tow hooks will be off the second I get home from it :)

yea sweet ill try, going to mullingar to hopefully buy a tiny L motorbike tomorrow so depending how that goes i am fixed/broke :D

ba_barabus wrote: »
    The 1.6 is lovely but I always take every review with a pinch of salt.

Didn't find it great myself. The engine itself is fine to use but I just didn't find the car great to drive. The gear change isn't the best either.

Didn't find it great myself. The engine itself is fine to use but I just didn't find the car great to drive. The gear change isn't the best either.

I drove a low mileage Ghia saloon and loved it, and a 1.8TDCI Zetec hatch. I'll agree they're soft as the miles pile on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Similar experience driving my MkI. It's dull very practical :pac:. The 1.8tdci in it is probably the most exiting part. Saying that it feels like if it were given bigger tyres, lowered a bit and all worn suspension bits replaced it would probably go nicely around on the twisties. 175mm wide r14 tyres and all it's height make it very rolly and very hard to drive fast and smoothly through corners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Gave the car a hoover at 5am after work. Outside is still filthy!

2ah63q1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Keeping white car clean must be a pain...

I have mine (silver) parked on the road and it is always filthy in the morning.

Yours doesn't look filthy in the picture, though.
    Looks white, except the roof:D

Hoovering a car at 5am in the morning - why not go into crazy mode and wash it after that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

wonski wrote: »
    Keeping white car clean must be a pain...

I have mine (silver) parked on the road and it is always filthy in the morning.

It's actually easier to keep a white car clean looking that it is to keep a black or navy car clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

smash wrote: »
    It's actually easier to keep a white car clean looking that it is to keep a black or navy car clean.

Having owned both I would agree, white just didnt show the dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

rizzee wrote: »
    Gave the car a hoover at 5am after work. Outside is still filthy!]

Tbh, I wasn't really a fan of the wrap first.. But It has grown on me in a good way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Mississippi.

20150903_080924_zpszok937oj.jpg.html]20150903_080924_zpszok937oj.jpg[/URL]first picture on boards.
    let me know if you can't open it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

first picture on boards.
    let me know if you can't open it.

I can see it anyway I always love trying to get shots like that you have too be well prepare or you'll miss it. What is the vehicle Berlingo/ partner / possibly dispatch van I'm thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Mississippi.

CIP4 wrote: »
    I can see it anyway I always love trying to get shots like that you have too be well prepare or you'll miss it. What is the vehicle Berlingo/ partner / possibly dispatch van I'm thinking.

Yeah Citroën Dispatch.
    You have to be on a suitable bit of road to pull in on as well as remembering to watch the dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Gave my car a good going over the past few hours

Prewash, wheel clean, tyre polish, 2 bucket wash, coat of polish and a coat of wax

2015-10-31%2012.25.43_zpszkwgnawb.jpg
    2015-10-31%2012.34.32_zpsivlvugqj.png
    2015-10-31%2012.25.55_zpsqedzgx7c.jpg
    2015-10-31%2012.30.57_zpsxdaoojml.png

I love how carbon black can look dark blue and black at the same time depending how light hits it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,561 ✭✭✭✭vectra

chriity139 wrote: »
    Gave my car a good going the past few hours

I love how carbon black can look dark blue and black at the same time depending how light hits it

Lovely car.
    Yes, that color can be very confusing alright.

Black in overcast weather. Full of sparkle and glitter in the sunshine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement