Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

golfpaul wrote: »
    It's just OK, it's a very smooth box (basically because it only has one gear) but it does take some getting used to, particularly pulling away at junctions as there is a slight hesitation. Having said that I don't think I'd ever go manual again.

I've only driven a CVT auto in a Prius. Very smooth but lacked any sense of power. The guy I bought my Alfa from got an A4 Multitronic TDI to replace it and has been disappointed with it ever since as he reckons it has no power compared to the Alfa. I'd love another auto though, you don't realise how nice they are until you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

One e36 broken by mondello :o

370883.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Carpentry wrote: »
    I have never mentioned money. I had cars too, but I'd rather keep them up mechanically 100% perfect rather tint windows.

Who said there was anything mechanically wrong with it? Its actually just been fully serviced with a brand new 2 year NCT cert with all dings and chips fully resprayed. If I want to tint my windows and I have the money to do so, then I'll tint them. You can kindly **** off.

I still think that you're wasting your money on 320i making it looks better.:rolleyes:

Where is this 320i that you're all bitching about?

I still think that you're wasting your money on 320i making it looks better.:rolleyes:

Why have you such a problem with the chaps car or what he does with his money. This **** boils my blood, if you didn't like it then don't comment, no need to go off being smart assed about some chaps car.

He's not wasting his money, he's doing what he wants with HIS money.

What would you rather him do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

The 320i looks great, really nice subtle mods on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

modify a glanza I think he mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Keyboards and a **** attitude are alot cheaper and easier obtained than taking care of a car you love and making it your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Sorry if I'm thick but where is this 320 people are talking about?? what post number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm thick but where is this 320 people are talking about?? what post number?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97896675&postcount=8558

• Advertisement

I'm lost. It's like a pair of auld fellas waving walking sticks at each other

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I personally think the 320 looks great with the new additions, they're subtle.

Carpentry, as a matter of interest what do you drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

325i :D bit of a crack and all of sudden everyone jumps on board. :confused:

pics of YOUR 325i please of else go back under your bridge ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

davycc wrote: »
    pics of YOUR 325i please of else go back under your bridge ;):D

I'd say mammys micra or yaris...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

There's a difference between having an opinion and openly rubbishing someone's car by saying its not worth upgrading/modifying.

I'm personally not a fan of all the mods on it (front windows are too dark for me) but I reckon a 320i is a lovely car to be able to tailor and add personal touches.

Far better than some lad driving a ****ebox Corsa through the front window of halfords.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

There's a difference between having an opinion and openly rubbishing someone's car by saying its not worth upgrading/modifying.

I'm personally not a fan of all the mods on it (front windows are too dark for me) but I reckon a 320i is a lovely car to be able to tailor and add personal touches.

Far better than some lad driving a ****ebox Corsa through the front window of halfords.

Not trying be difficult here, but if that's the case that we shouldn't rubbish what anyone does to anyone's car, it's hardly fair to call a young chaps Corsa a sh1tebox because he puts halfords stuff on it. I mightn't like it myself and neither may you, but even still....

The principle of respecting someone's car whether it's a BMW or a 15 year old Corsa still should remain the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

That BMW everyone is on about is very nice indeed. Not even noticeable that it has been modded in any way. Just cared for.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

fluffer wrote: »
    That BMW everyone is on about is very nice indeed. Not even noticeable that it has been modded in any way. Just cared for.

I would agree,

it just looks impeccably looked after, well done to the owner, I'd love if mine looked that fresh. (I have a load of little marks and dings I need to get sorted out)

I would say the only thing it needs now is a nice set of M wheels (not that there is anything with it's current (stock?) rims)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

The mods on that 3er are so subtle people couldn't even find it in the thread. It's his car and his money, let him do what he wants. It's not the worse car posed in here not even close - it's a fine car.

There is no way real world logic can be applied to the world of car enthusiasts lol it just doesn't work like that. I once put about 7 or 8k in to a Bora which is as mad as putting 200 quid into the car i drive now which cost about 1k :D It doesn't make no sense and you can't tell anyone they shouldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

tossy wrote: »
    The mods on that 3er are so subtle people couldn't even find it in the thread. It's his car and his money, let him do what he wants. It's not the worse car posed in here not even close - it's a fine car.

There is no way real world logic can be applied to the world of car enthusiasts lol it just doesn't work like that. I once put about 7 or 8k in to a Bora which is as mad as putting 200 quid into the car i drive now which cost about 1k :D It doesn't make no sense and you can't tell anyone they shouldn't do it.

Ya, but your Bora was a work of art!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Jaysus this thread can sometimes explode into a ****storm wha? It can last 10 pages with everyone being fine and then all of a sudden BOOM!
    Carpentry, you are just looking to stir ****e up. Must have been having a slow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I would say the only thing it needs now is a nice set of M wheels (not that there is anything with it's current (stock?) rims)

Genuinely the next thing on my list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Genuinely the next thing on my list :)

Warning, input from random person on the Internet with an opinion here. My favourite wheels for the e90 gen car has to be the "twist" wheels. They are not m sport so if you like oem these are oem ish on an SE. Plus they are easy to clean and look the business.

20130722_180013.jpg

I would have thought paddy's on 95's would have been your winner :)

jbxm22.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Too many spokes to clean YbFocus! Naw I'm messing, I agree those look better :->

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Too many spokes to clean YbFocus! Naw I'm messing, I agree those look better :->

That was one of the reasons I wanted to get the bbs off my car :)
    So much less hassle to clean! 2 mins per wheel every two days kept them perfect!

370976.jpg

370979.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Have this thread flagged to follow, just spent the last hour going back over the lot. Some beautiful stuff there lads, takes me back to when I could afford all that stuff. Kids eh. Bastards.

Love that S4 alongside the 2 beemers. Pure sleeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

DC98587E-F853-42F0-B85C-C60DCB65CB46_zpsituqkcty.jpg440FA1C3-8814-4287-8272-D44198A149E8_zpsgtlamhaj.jpg

Hal have you bought that!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I focking wish m8 not a chance though :). Just taught it looked nice and would be appreciated here, that's featured in the latest fast ford mag.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement