Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Hal1 wrote: »
    I focking wish m8 not a chance though :). Just taught it looked nice and would be appreciated here, that's featured in the latest fast ford mag.

Ah right jesus I nearly lost my life, it's beautiful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

12269900_1529155487399178_1362411090_n1.jpg

Picture is pretty sh*te as the camera on the phone is acting up but this is probably the last "decent" picture I'll get of the OPC before I change in January.

Had it since May 2012, 2nd owner, no issues, gonna miss it. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

GavRedKing wrote: »

Picture is pretty sh*te as the camera on the phone is acting up but this is probably the last "decent" picture I'll get of the OPC before I change in January.

Had it since May 2012, 2nd owner, no issues, gonna miss it. :O

Very nice! What do you plan to replace it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Can't beat a hot hatch.

Well...

Very nice! What do you plan to replace it with?

Fiesta ST2, its been on order since October, picking it on the 4th January were I'll hopefully get a better picture than that of the OPc above. :o

• Advertisement

Fiesta ST2, its been on order since October, picking it on the 4th January were I'll hopefully get a better picture than that of the OPc above. :o

Ooh nice, you should probably get a better pic of the OPC before its gone!
    I'll have to keep an eye out for that OPC when it goes up for sale, I'm kinda in the market for one!

I don't think I'd have the patience go order a car and wait months for it, I would probably demand it on the day from the dealer! Did you consider a focus ST?

Ooh nice, you should probably get a better pic of the OPC before its gone!
    I'll have to keep an eye out for that OPC when it goes up for sale, I'm kinda in the market for one!

I don't think I'd have the patience go order a car and wait months for it, I would probably demand it on the day from the dealer! Did you consider a focus ST?

I definitely will, that pic was just taken after a valet from work so was in a rush too.

What's annoying about the ST is I work and live about 2mins from the CAB garage and the car is in the showroom window I pass everyday. :o

I did consider a Focus ST but I was drawn towards the Fiesta, in a few years time, if its possible, I'll probably go up to a Focus ST, for the extra doors and all that. :)

I definitely will, that pic was just taken after a valet from work so was in a rush too.

What's annoying about the ST is I work and live about 2mins from the CAB garage and the car is in the showroom window I pass everyday. :o

I did consider a Focus ST but I was drawn towards the Fiesta, in a few years time, if its possible, I'll probably go up to a Focus ST, for the extra doors and all that. :)
    Your actual ST is in the dealership? Thats even worse! Gotta get the 16 plate I guess!

The ST seems like a good deal now since they lopped a decent chunk off the price to make way for the RS! You should just hang onto the Fiesta till the RS comes down in price and pick up one :D

I think Ive seen your OPC around a few times, not many around with those wheels blacked out! I see the same 3 or 4 blue ones around often enough, they tend to stand out!

Your actual ST is in the dealership? Thats even worse! Gotta get the 16 plate I guess!

The ST seems like a good deal now since they lopped a decent chunk off the price to make way for the RS! You should just hang onto the Fiesta till the RS comes down in price and pick up one :D

I think Ive seen your OPC around a few times, not many around with those wheels blacked out! I see the same 3 or 4 blue ones around often enough, they tend to stand out!

Ya its in the window and I work on the Monaghan road so I pass it daily. :o I think the RS is a bit over priced but its a serious piece of kit.

The garage is getting in Mustangs and 2 RS's in the coming weeks, dealer said theyre been sent up the country. Theyre apparently the only Ford dealer able to sell Mustangs but in truth, it'll probably just be cars coming off the boat, and been re-distributed around the country from there.

He mentioned one V8 on order and 2 eco boost Mustangs so hopefully if they come in I'll drop in for a look off them, take a few pics.

OSI wrote: »
    One of those Mustangs will be the old mans Triple Yellow arriving for January. Never seen such a drawn out process for ordering a damn car.

Nice, he getting the eco boost or V8?

Theyve been on sale in Europe since September or so is it? Did he want one ASAP or was he made wait for one?

• Advertisement

Ya its in the window and I work on the Monaghan road so I pass it daily. :o I think the RS is a bit over priced but its a serious piece of kit.

The garage is getting in Mustangs and 2 RS's in the coming weeks, dealer said theyre been sent up the country. Theyre apparently the only Ford dealer able to sell Mustangs but in truth, it'll probably just be cars coming off the boat, and been re-distributed around the country from there.

He mentioned one V8 on order and 2 eco boost Mustangs so hopefully if they come in I'll drop in for a look off them, take a few pics.

You should be standing guard next to it! You don't want randomers sitting into it for a look now do you!! Did you happen to look at the new GTC OPC? Or was it too expensive? I think it sells for mental money here! :mad:

Yea the RS is savagely expensive! If it sells in any kind of bulk here the used prices will take a big hit id think. The rebirth of an icon mini series Ford did on its design was quite cool!

Hope that v8 mustang stays in cork!!
    One of those Mustangs will be the old mans Triple Yellow arriving for January. Never seen such a drawn out process for ordering a damn car.
    Awesome!!! Glad to see people getting brave buying cars again!! Looking forward to seeing some pics!

It's an EcoBoost. It'll be doing circa 40k KM a year so even an EcoBoost is taking the piss. They were supposed to land for September, then that got pushed to November and now supposedly Jan 16th. Think he first went down in May for some presentation event they were doing and had to go back a few times to get everything sorted. They couldn't even tell him what options would be available until mid July, and they only told him last week that they can't do the black stripes he asked for right from the beginning. They've been very non-committal the whole way along. I think he's just not used to how laid back you all are down that way :pac:

Thats a disaster, TBF, the salesman I was dealing with was very invovled and easy to get hold of and when I went in to ask about an ST in September he said theyed be getting one in for October, I rang one morning to ask if it was available and it had just come in off a transporter and I put a depoist down. With a mustang going for about double the Fiesta, I'd have expected them to bend over backwards in their handling of the deal if it was me. :o
    You should be standing guard next to it! You don't want randomers sitting into it for a look now do you!! Did you happen to look at the new GTC OPC? Or was it too expensive? I think it sells for mental money here! :mad:

Yea the RS is savagely expensive! If it sells in any kind of bulk here the used prices will take a big hit id think. The rebirth of an icon mini series Ford did on its design was quite cool!

Hope that v8 mustang stays in cork!
    QUOTE]

Ive been down twice now to the garage to sort finance and paper work and the Fiesta is in its own little cool ST logo plint with a sold sticker up on it, it cant be moved anyway so I'm not to bothered if people are in it :pac:

I did enquire about the Astra OPC, theyre even more expensive than a Focus ST but better looking cars IMO but the new generation Astras only dropped and the OPC was only available in Ireland since about June or July so I didnt fancy dropping 42k on an older shape Astra. :o

I did enquire about the Astra OPC, theyre even more expensive than a Focus ST but better looking cars IMO but the new generation Astras only dropped and the OPC was only available in Ireland since about June or July so I didnt fancy dropping 42k on an older shape Astra. :o

Yea they really made a balls of selling the GTC OPC here, but they are a fantastic looking car! I sat into on that Opel Ireland had that I happened across in the Opel garage on the douglas road a few months back. The price we pay here compared to the UK price is just an utter pisstake :mad:

Those Fiesta STs got fantastic reviews so I think you made a good choice! :D I will have to keep track of where your OPC ends up, dealers seem to be putting craxy money on them though. Theres a black 08 in dublin for 10 grand :rolleyes: Id like to track one down in a dealer though so I can trade in my own car against it! What year is your one?

Here a pic of my car so I dont get given out to for chatting :pac:

[URL="[img]http://i.imgur.com/C9QA2qRh.jpg[/img]"]C9QA2qRh.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Nice one, the wheels are great on it

Yea they really made a balls of selling the GTC OPC here, but they are a fantastic looking car! I sat into on that Opel Ireland had that I happened across in the Opel garage on the douglas road a few months back. The price we pay here compared to the UK price is just an utter pisstake :mad:

Those Fiesta STs got fantastic reviews so I think you made a good choice! :D I will have to keep track of where your OPC ends up, dealers seem to be putting craxy money on them though. Theres a black 08 in dublin for 10 grand :rolleyes: Id like to track one down in a dealer though so I can trade in my own car against it! What year is your one?

Ya, even the new Corsa OPC's are very pricey, about 32k fully loaded.

My Astra is a 2007, 2nd owner from new, got it in John Kelly Opel in Waterford, as I said, no major issues with it so whoever gets it should be getting a good car. I'm just excited about the Fiesta now, counting down the days. :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Nicest OEM wheels for the Z4 IMO.

Theres now a yellow Mustang out on the road by Ford Corporate office in Cork, buddy just put a picture up on FB.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Nice one, the wheels are great on it
    Nicest OEM wheels for the Z4 IMO.

Cheers!

Didnt realise the pic was in there twice :o I clearly cant internet properly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Theres now a yellow Mustang out on the road by Ford Corporate office in Cork, buddy just put a picture up on FB.

That's the one they had at the web summit in Dublin I believe. V8 one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I believe there is a V8 one heading for Drogheda in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

2015-Project-GTI-Part-IV-by-Adam-OConnor-5-1200x800_zpsw5t0samu.jpg

That's the one they had at the web summit in Dublin I believe. V8 one?

No idea, picture was taken from the opposite side of the road, although it probably is the one at the web summit and more than like a "press car".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Apparently only 8 of the MkIII Focus RS have been ordered, all for June delivery! And how is it I have never seen one of the newer model Astra OPCs around ? Love the Fiesta ST, one or two around these parts, always look great. What colour did you order?

AMGer wrote: »
    Apparently only 8 of the MkIII Focus RS have been ordered, all for June delivery! And how is it I have never seen one of the newer model Astra OPCs around ? Love the Fiesta ST, one or two around these parts, always look great. What colour did you order?

I know Opel Ireland have a dark blue Astra OPC knocking around for PA purposes and I seen it in Dublin for the GPA awards, lovely car, shame about the price.

I've ordered the appearance pack with the Fiesta so red brake calipers and darker alloys so I was flipping between white or blue, in the end I went with blue as I've seen it in the flesh and it really suits the car IMO.

Ive also seen in recent months a red and orange ST and I prefer the blue personally. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

CAB have it on their Facebook now.

https://m.facebook.com/cabMotorGroup/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I'm accepting this as my rise to fame :)

371064.jpg

Its-something.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Ive also seen in recent months a red and orange ST and I prefer the blue personally. :)

Good choice, if I was ordering one it would be the blue aswell. Used to see one regular enough but it's gone now, great colour in the flesh

I know Opel Ireland have a dark blue Astra OPC knocking around for PA purposes and I seen it in Dublin for the GPA awards, lovely car, shame about the price.

Do they have a price on that OPC? When I asked the salesman in Cork he said they probably wouldn't sell it! Pity it's not arden blue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

5D3_4740_zpsjgnsxhbw.jpg

Drove and photographed Opel Ireland's OPC earlier this year. It's a great drive and I thought it looked fantastic too. An impressive drive too, I just loved the Recaros.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement