Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Here a pic of my car so I dont get given out to for chatting :pac:

Decided against getting rid ?? Nevermind , summer be here soon !!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Congrats Yb. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

YbFocus wrote: »
    I'm accepting this as my rise to fame :)

Reminds me of this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

homer90 wrote: »
    Decided against getting rid ?? Nevermind , summer be here soon !!:cool:

No Sir, she's actually up for sale, Id post a link but I'm not sure the mods would be too happy :p

Im getting the feeling its not a good time of year to sell it based on current interest :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Some booty shots and a soundclip post souhans (NSFW very dirty:pac:)

12316499_1149232701754904_1049117193197320912_n.jpg?oh=a238af8be277429d4334bce8f2614550&oe=57192968
    12316317_1149232718421569_5811156195597866010_n.jpg?oh=7914f300405cb91706203ed9eb3c850e&oe=56DC17F8
    12342602_1149232795088228_4234588569558732530_n.jpg?oh=ace0bb111d6dd84d29900f993b9da4c2&oe=56D7AD41

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Do they have a price on that OPC? When I asked the salesman in Cork he said they probably wouldn't sell it! Pity it's not arden blue!

The price when I asked back in June was about 43k delivered, the standard one is a shade over 40k but ya dont get the OPC upgrade (recaros, alloys, massive spoiler).

The picture that was just posted was the one I seen at the GPA awards, lovely machine, although I dont think Arden blue was an available colour for that Astra OPC, only the Insignia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

No wonder I havent seen any if it's the same price as a Golf R!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

They only started offering them a few months ago even though the new Astra is on the way, the new GTC however wont be out until probably late next year and a new OPC probably a few months after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

IMG_1744_zpsnzuy8xqo.jpg

AMGer wrote: »
    No wonder I havent seen any if it's the same price as a Golf R!

Honestly I'd take the astra OPC over the golf r any day, even thoughts it's a bit down on power and lacking 4wd. Its an absolutely fantastic looking car, just got screwed by tax in Ireland

This is it in blue!
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/iJqhQisfgJ8/maxresdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

After being in an R over the weekend it's mindblowing, doubt a 2wd astra could touch it. It is a great machine!

After being in an R over the weekend it's mindblowing, doubt a 2wd astra could touch it. It is a great machine!
    Oh I dont doubt the Golf is a serious machine, but apparently Opel have a really sorted 2wd system for the new OPC, compared to the slightly lairy model which proceeded it!

Looks wise, the astra is the best looking car in its class by quite the margin in my book! Although I do like the a45 too

Tbh, one wouldn't really exploit the difference between the 2 very often id imagine! I wouldn't at least as I will never be on a track with them, you might though! Ive seen you in action on some of your videos :D

Oh I dont doubt the Golf is a serious machine, but apparently Opel have a really sorted 2wd system for the new OPC, compared to the slightly lairy model which proceeded it!

Looks wise, the astra is the best looking car in its class by quite the margin in my book! Although I do like the a45 too

Tbh, one wouldn't really exploit the difference between the 2 very often id imagine! I wouldn't at least as I will never be on a track with them, you might though! Ive seen you in action on some of your videos :D

Oh well it wasn't my Golf, it was vintageVRS's, damn it could shift.
    It was generating as much grip in the wet as mine could in the dry, despite me running fairly crazy tyres!

No doubt both of those cars would be a hoot but the bit that won it for me was him using launch control to enter the track, no wheel spin, you were just pinned back all the way through the gears :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

To be honest I think that looks like a car where the designers didn't know when to stop.
    For me there is too much stuff going on!

To be honest I think that looks like a car where the designers didn't know when to stop.
    Agreed, its very busy... I prefer the model which proceeded it. It was more understated while still being nice and aggressive looking! Assuming that's Holdens Monaro equivalent?

Yeah and I assume it means that is most likely the new monaro then?

Yeah and I assume it means that is most likely the new monaro then?
    I think so, but they're kinda confusing! I have a feeling the car he posted is just an F series Commadore, which is the current VXR8 in the UK. If so its not new at all, it launched in 2013... So its the old monaro!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

The evil lovechild of a Rover 75 getting it on with a Mazda 6. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It's a car that who's design would fit in nicely in the skangermobiles thread, which is a shame because it's a great car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

All I see is an Insignia when I look at that. I like it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Just buy a diesel VAG or BMW jacksie66. Show them V8 boys the life changing experience of tukka-tukka-choooo, tukka-tukka-choooo! ;) :pac:

If I was in the states I would want one of the stereotypical US cars - Dodge Challenger or Chevy Camaro. Throw a few option packs or special edition packs on them and they can get a bit gaudy for some but so what, they're not meant for ferrying royalty around.
    If I was down under I'd definitely be looking at one of the sterotypical cars from that part of the world. A Holden SS Ute would be my choice purely because the chance of ever running one in Ireland is minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

If that's the same yoke I'm thinking of, there is a truly evil shriek from the supercharger. More like the love-child of Max Rockatansky's Interceptor and a Bogan on crystal meth. I like it. :cool:
    ...the life changing experience of tukka-tukka-choooo, tukka-tukka-choooo!...

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Slideways

It's the run out from the last Commodore to be built in Australia. Last years model was the VF, I think this is the VF2

I've driven them. Granted it was only a SV6 but I really didn't care for it at all. They were rental cars and I drive over the Crown Ranges in NZ South Island. Driving Mecca but was badly compromised by an overweight spongy ride. Also drove the great ocean rd and melted the brakes in another one

This was the VE I had in NZ which was the previous model

DSC_0719.jpg

Now that's a looker! Pity to hear they are so poor.
    Always wanted to drive them and the FPV Falcons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Uh oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Wouldn't have happened in my day....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

If I was down under I'd definitely be looking at one of the sterotypical cars from that part of the world. A Holden SS Ute would be my choice purely because the chance of ever running one in Ireland is minute.

Man after my own heart, I'm going to try get into a VY ss ute after xmas - yes, in reality they're not a great car, but, the chances of me ever owning a 5.7L, Chevy LS1 powered, Rwd, 6 speed sports pickup in Ireland are very very slim.

They like to go sideways and sound fcuking amazing - I'm sold. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Could do with a wash i know and its a wee bit dark. Dont know how to upload it as the rest do so i will just attach image

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement