Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

GvidoR wrote:
    Oddly enough I haven't used it yet though, been listening to the radio.

They're fairly good, surprisingly. I kept meaning to buy one of them fm transmitters, but probably won't bother now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

If you insist

2013_03_24_15_35_20.jpg

2013_03_24_15_45_30.jpg

2013_03_24_16_01_29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

Can we just get out own Ford corner? :D

Where did you get the Sony unit Charlie? Wouldn't mind one for the focus or just spend the extra and get an android jobby

1_4_7.jpg

If you insist

Snap

2eob8nn.png

2qa8z2a.png

NickDunne wrote: »
    Can we just get out own Ford corner? :D

Where did you get the Sony unit Charlie? Wouldn't mind one for the focus or just spend the extra and get an android jobby

I got mine off ebay. Bent over for it too now that I think of it..... think I paid 220 beans for it!! There's a few different variants of that sony radio. There's a standard one, a DAB one, and a DAB with 6 cd changer (which is what I got). I think that's it, all the different model of radio are in the mondeo book, I'll take a look see again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Got it from a mate as it was surplus to requirements. Ended up giving him the silver one a few months later when the unit in one his cars calved.

I reckon the black breaks up the silver dash nicely.

If I was spending money, I'd prob go for an android one as long as the steering wheel controls still worked.

Easy job to do with basic tools, start to finish in less than half an hour.

Is there a non DAB 6 disc cos I've the CD changer but not DAB (I think??)

If I was spending money, I'd prob go for an android one as long as the steering wheel controls still worked.

I think they do, I'd live without mine though. I know that on the titanium the convers+ and the likes of that android head unit don't get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Radio swaps eh? :pac:

20141019_181605_zpsataouilv.jpg

20150114_143507_zpsurlw7qy1.jpg

Is there a non DAB 6 disc cos I've the CD changer but not DAB (I think??)

Probably is. DAB is of no benefit to me, and I only ever put 6 cd's in to test it. So the only reason I have it in is purely cosmetic.

Radio swaps eh?

That's shyt, you're shyt. Can't you let us fordies have our few minutes in the spotlight without you beemer guys coming in and ruining it??!?!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Did you sacrifice pop-out cup holders for a big screen? Or was that just a piece of trim?

GvidoR wrote: »
    Did you sacrifice pop-out cup holders for a big screen? Or was that just a piece of trim?

That actually just hides the CD/Tape, cupholders are shagged but literally just ordered new ones :P

Radio swaps eh?

And I preferred it beforehand anyways! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

That actually just hides the CD/Tape, cupholders are shagged but literally just ordered new ones :P

Youd better have...

85af8e3e09a16bd6473e82e2bf9fde12.gif

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

That's a nice Arabic OEM head unit you have there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Since gone back to standard pressed metal plates. A bonnet respray and wheel refurb would be the next plans unless I source an updated 325 with the 3L lump.

LIM9UaL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

@Ciarsd

Very nice are you sticking with diesel or petrol for your new engine

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

been thinking about a similar unit for my e90

are they good units? do you still have steering wheel button functionality?

hows the GPS in them? good maps? take long to find signal?

been thinking about a similar unit for my e90

are they good units? do you still have steering wheel button functionality?

hows the GPS in them? good maps? take long to find signal?

It's a great unit, completely plug and play and worked straight away with the MFSW. Nav is good but you can change to different apps if you're not happy with the current ones. Takes about 10 seconds to plot out in the shticks so not bad!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

It's a great unit, completely plug and play

Easy enough to fit?

Easy enough to fit?

Yep, for mine you have to remove the trims, unbolt the lower dash, pull out the radio cage and slot it in and that was pretty much it!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

I bought one of those head units only it was for an Avensis, worked really well for a week before it switched itself off and despite resetting and removal and refitting it would not switch on but at least I got all my money back for it... Shame because i enjoyed the brief time I had it!

weekaizer wrote: »
    I bought one of those head units only it was for an Avensis, worked really well for a week before it switched itself off and despite resetting and removal and refitting it would not switch on but at least I got all my money back for it... Shame because i enjoyed the brief time I had it!

I have mine a year now with no problems at all, planning in adding a TV module to it next.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

I have mine a year now with no problems at all, planning in adding a TV module to it next.

I must have been unlucky, had been watching a DVD on a longish journey for the first time unless that had something to do with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

chriity139 wrote: »
    @Ciarsd

Very nice are you sticking with diesel or petrol for your new engine

Definitely sticking with another petrol. I don't do the mileage for diesel. Next one will be another 6 pot petrol like above :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Even 16 years later while it's not exactly a modern looking car there's still something cool and classy about a 166. Many people may not like it and may not like the colour, but I do. :)

Love how the colour changes with the different light settings.

2dcbdjq.jpg

14aafd0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Could not have picked a better colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Yeah the colour is unreal! Class motor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

YbFocus wrote: »
    Could not have picked a better colour!

that doesnt surprise me:pac:

This discussion has been closed.