Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Cheers mate :) (how did you do that BTW - for future reference :D )

The interior is very comfortable, there's a few stains on the seats that you would see up close that I haven't manage to get with the camera, overall it ain't bad though. Theres a crack in the righ tail light as you might see in the picture, there's a bit of brown tape on it, so i'm on the lookout for a cheap light at the minute, they're not too expensive :)

Thanks Moneymaker :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I uploaded them on imgur.com

They have the option to rotate images, but surprisingly enough it automatically corrected them as soon as they were uploaded. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Much derided now for poor engines and iffy build quality, but in it's day that was a VERY desirable Celtic Tiger car. It has aged well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

I'd say there must be a big step up in comfort and especially in performance from the colt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    I'd say there must be a big step up in comfort and especially in performance from the colt.

A huge improvement. I love my V-dub. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

So when are you carbon-wrapping the badge, rizzee?

GvidoR wrote: »
    A huge improvement. I love my V-dub. :)

The 1.3 in the colt is one of the most lifeless engine I've ever experienced. The same engine is worse again in the lancer.

Brian wrote: »
    So when are you carbon-wrapping the badge, rizzee?

Eww :) not on this

rizzee wrote: »
    Eww :) not on this

They're not keeping it long
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mitsubishi-colt/7123732
    30383712.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

Ha, how much did you sell it for rizzee?

• Advertisement

Hahaha Jesus. I highly doubt that's fixed. Is he selling anything else?

Sold for not much less than that. I'm happy anyway :)

Hahaha Jesus. I highly doubt that's fixed. Is he selling anything else?

Sold for not much less than that. I'm happy anyway :)

What was the mileage on it and what's wrong with it?

63400 when I got rid... oh not much just oil burning into the engine , getting sh!te MPG cause the petrols pissing out the back and the PSI is 25 instead of 100-125 lacking in power cause a valves gone... apart from that she's grand buy away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Much derided now for poor engines and iffy build quality, but in it's day that was a VERY desirable Celtic Tiger car. It has aged well.

??? I disagree. Love my MK4 off to detail it right now. Pics up after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Finished with her there. See beads attached

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

car_zpseace3388.jpg

63400 when I got rid... oh not much just oil burning into the engine , getting sh!te MPG cause the petrols pissing out the back and the PSI is 25 instead of 100-125 lacking in power cause a valves gone... apart from that she's grand buy away :D
    jaysus I cant believe that they don't mention the running issues in the add. It's a clean looking car mind you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Out in Connemara last week

DSC_5279.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

Beautiful spot, the car ain't half bad either :D

My baby is in the middle. Look at her all sad, lonely and duuurty. After taking that pic, 17's are on the cards. The 16's look lost

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

14233415639_8056fb6d26_b.jpg
    14233415709_7d5323a3b4_b.jpg

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Kaisers Midget

Beautiful! Its mad that you brought it home with the assistance of a flatbed only a few weeks ago :D

Beautiful! Its mad that you brought it home with the assistance of a flatbed only a few weeks ago :D

Thanks. Mad to think I spent less time getting and engine and gearbox into this, and getting it road worthy, than I did in doing up the Wolseley which was running when I bought it. It still needs a few finishing touched mind, bonnet needs to be sprayed and it needs black plates firstly.

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Thanks. Mad to think I spent less time getting and engine and gearbox into this, and getting it road worthy, than I did in doing up the Wolseley which was running when I bought it. It still needs a few finishing touched mind, bonnet needs to be sprayed and it needs black plates firstly.

Looks great though. You'll get there eventually I'm sure. Black plates is a must!

I've still a hape of work to do on the S60 that I've been meaning to do since I bought it last October. She just hit the 104k mark and is due a service now. I bought all the bits n pieces for it back in March. Laziness eh? I've also decided that I'll be the final owner of her after I spent €250 to get the alternator sorted 2 weeks ago. The car only cost €700. Didn't have the time/patience to do it meself. Had to drive to Galway the following day after she clapped out on the motorway. I'll keep it for as long as she keeps going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Midget looks good, we've a '64 in a similar colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

playing car tetris to accomodate the new purchase...
    10375924_10203897016526994_122982489436568481_n.jpg

Midget looks good, we've a '64 in a similar colour.

I'd really like a 1275 chrome bumper. When I was looking around for replacement engines I was thinking about a 1275 but I just went for the 1500 to make it an easy job really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

For the first time ever today I just decided to go for a spin in the Yaris, went down to Garretstown/Old Head of Kinsale, can't beat Ireland(Read: Cork/Munster :pac:) on a day like today, dare I say I actually enjoyed the Yaris on those roads :o

20140614_164020_zpsa039b5cc.jpg

20140614_163950_zps09dc2978.jpg

20140614_163956_zpsbc1382d2.jpg

Not a picture of the car but of lovely Cork :D

20140614_164037_zps68e6135f.jpg

20140614_164228_zpsc821fd19.jpg

20140614_164233_zps6a5d6337.jpg

Who needs diesels when you have 998CCs of FURY :pac:

20140614_170931_zps217e9350.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Meh, bubblewrap used to get 80mpg in his Ma's Yaris. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Meh, bubblewrap used to get 80mpg in his Ma's Yaris. :D

Ah the memories, that was hilarious alright. I think mine is a bit more accurate :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement