Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cheers guys, at some stage, I may go for a Mountune remap too, it doesnt effect the warranty and pushes the car to not far off a standard 200bhp or about 215bhp on overboost.

Although that wont be until a few months down the line if I do decide to go for it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Posted in the 161 trade but might as well subtly spam here too, sorry mods, i'm in love :o :pac:
    Fantastic looking car! Finally get to drive it after weeks of driving past in in CAB :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

]

Jammy Git S.G. I was drooling over that car for a long time about 2 years ago when it was for sale and toying with buying it. But I was just married and buying a home so I couldn't afford it unfortunately. Damn being an adult and having to act all responsible...

I actually seen it last week outside your place of work (you may have noticed the drool stains) and I'm thinking I may have been talking to you as it happens. Herself was in looking to buy a few things off ye. You had it parked well over in the corner out of the way of car doors being opened into the side of it by clowns.

You probably have seen this thread but I'll link it anyways.

http://www.autostadt.ie/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3710

Gives loads of detail about the car and the care and love a previous owner lavished on it. Well wear with it, that car is spanking gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Needs a clean but here's how the new car is looking at the moment. The alloys and german plates make a huge difference from what it looked like when I got it! And I feckin' love the Navy colour too :p

IMG_1105_zpsstqwnywc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Almost looks like your old Corolla :pac:`

If I squint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

shietpilot wrote: »
    Almost looks like your old Corolla :pac:`

If I squint

I missed the Corolla so much that I had to get a similar car to it :pac:

I like the shape of the car. I dont like hatchbacks that much and I dont like big saloons.. This (and the Corolla) fits the gap :p I also have a real soft-spot for the new A3 Saloon but it'll be a very long time before I can buy one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Nice Jetta. The wheels look good.

The front end needs some plasti dip though. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

GvidoR wrote: »
    The front end needs some plasti dip though. :P

3gc9b_zps7583534b.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

GvidoR wrote:
    The front end needs some plasti dip though.

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

it doesnt. Please dont ruin your car.leave it as it is,its just fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

On the chrome Id imagine

colm_mcm wrote: »
    On the chrome Id imagine

Bingo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Dont get why so many people on here dislike chrome. I have chrome around my windows and grill etc and I like it.

Would never dream of covering them with effectively black masking tape

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

GvidoR wrote:
    Bingo!

Ew....no.
    Black is it?

Wouldn't work at all I think.

To each their own. I don't mind small bits of chrome, but that that front has a bit much for my liking. I'm not telling anyone to do anything, they can do whatever they like. It's just a suggestion, and not a very serious one since it was followed by one of these: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Jammy Git S.G. I was drooling over that car for a long time about 2 years ago when it was for sale and toying with buying it. But I was just married and buying a home so I couldn't afford it unfortunately. Damn being an adult and having to act all responsible...

I actually seen it last week outside your place of work (you may have noticed the drool stains) and I'm thinking I may have been talking to you as it happens. Herself was in looking to buy a few things off ye. You had it parked well over in the corner out of the way of car doors being opened into the side of it by clowns.

You probably have seen this thread but I'll link it anyways.

http://www.autostadt.ie/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3710

Gives loads of detail about the car and the care and love a previous owner lavished on it. Well wear with it, that car is spanking gorgeous!

Im hard to miss i look like chewbaccas ginger cousin :p

I always stratigically park my cars in that spot and park transit connect in the space beside it so i know who is to blame for door dings, my poor focus got afew in that carpark :(

Im suprised anyone noticed what it was, it's filthy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

No not German plates......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Cheers guys, at some stage, I may go for a Mountune remap too

Lovely car Gav, love the Fiesta ST especially in the blue, rare sight aswell.
    Is there anywhere in the South does the Mountune upgrade? Or does it still mean a trip to Belfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

OSI wrote: »
    The chrome front end makes the Jetta.

Literally. It'd be a Golf front end otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

DSC_1001_zpslq7oevj8.jpg

DSC_1000_zpsivsqodsq.jpg

Got a great deal on four nearly brand new tires on the Corolla today. The last ones were really on their last legs so first job was to get them done today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

them tyres look huge on them steelies :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Slideways

'Cruiser in for its first service with me. It needs parkbrake shoes as they got contaminated with oil at some stage.

I think I need a bigger garage haha

54A42358-397B-4E3B-BD9D-0E3341B3CDCA.jpg

A4C75A53-AE43-44A2-8264-F30B114F4510.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Sometimes I look back at the wheels that were on my car when I bought it and I genuinely wonder what I was thinking. They were desperate looking, I don't know how they didn't put me off the whole sale.

FB_IMG_1452295730969.jpg

FB_IMG_1452295734583.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Good lord! I remember them being bad but not that bad:eek::eek:

The wheels you have on it now are just worlds apart, transforms the car completely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Moar Toyotas!!

374189.jpg

@Toyotafanboi I'm sure I seen that car heading for the tunnel one morning coming from Ringaskiddy direction.

Truckermal wrote: »
    @Toyotafanboi I'm sure I seen that car heading for the tunnel one morning coming from Ringaskiddy direction.

That could be me alright :) although I often pass another identical grey 02 model in the mornings!

That could be me alright :) although I often pass another identical grey 02 model in the mornings!

This one has HID fogs along with dims they look very well actually. . I normally go through the tunnel heading up the M8 between 6.30 and 7am..

Truckermal wrote: »
    This one has HID fogs along with dims they look very well actually. . I normally go through the tunnel heading up the M8 between 6.30 and 7am..

Yeah, that's me :) like to be in the tunnel before 7am, means I stand a chance of being on time :pac: give us a beep the next time!

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's me :) like to be in the tunnel before 7am, means I stand a chance of being on time :pac: give us a beep the next time!

I will surely. .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement