Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

Skylines are such a awesome car to be fair, Not many 4 door 34's around either compared to 33's and 32's!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

That 4 door r34 is from around donaghmed way. I always seem him around there. He has had it a few years. great to see the older generation enjoying jap cars

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

The Puglet has had a few ups and downs over the past few weeks but she's back running a dream once again. As with running any older car, constant fiddling and sorting niggles is a way of life. In the past month, I've replaced seat rails, rewired the starter after it chose to dismount itself and then another day the new short shifter went pop on the South Link so the welder came out to sort it. The next bundle of joy was a lumpy idle and poor running at low revs, but once a missing vacuum pipe and ill fitting throttle body housing were sorted the little war horse is back up and running as sweet as can be. She got treated to a 2 hour backroad blast in the rain on Sunday as a treat.

24485300895_8fea360c6e_c.jpg

24115391259_7d97ddde7f_c.jpg

Also, I finally got round to sorting out the final remains of the original blue interior. One of the very first things I did with the car was to swap in a GTi interior and now its a nicer matching space.

23857110994_6e8a06f804_c.jpg

23854940714_81abe11e15_c.jpg

24374830112_a9f83c3d5d_c.jpg

Also, a few goodies arrived this morning for the new rally season. Its all about those period correct details for me hahaha
    24115376519_236e92e199_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

That 106 is really really cool!

Here's a snap frim a damp, dreery January evening in Co. Cork :)

IMG_20160119_181353.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

CianDon wrote: »
    The Puglet has had a few ups and downs over the past few weeks but she's back running a dream once again. As with running any older car, constant fiddling and sorting niggles is a way of life. In the past month, I've replaced seat rails, rewired the starter after it chose to dismount itself and then another day the new short shifter went pop on the South Link so the welder came out to sort it. The next bundle of joy was a lumpy idle and poor running at low revs, but once a missing vacuum pipe and ill fitting throttle body housing were sorted the little war horse is back up and running as sweet as can be. She got treated to a 2 hour backroad blast in the rain on Sunday as a treat.

Also, I finally got round to sorting out the final remains of the original blue interior. One of the very first things I did with the car was to swap in a GTi interior and now its a nicer matching space.

I see the ad is gone from donedeal, guess you had a change of heart?

• Advertisement

rizzodun wrote: »
    I see the ad is gone from donedeal, guess you had a change of heart?

Wasn't gonna sell it with the car running as badly as it was last week so pulled the ad down until I get all the issues ironed out. Added to that the fact that a student budget is getting seriously tight, and nothing (in my budget and strict levels of interest) I've test driven is as good to drive as the Pug. She'll stay a while yet, at least until she becomes un-insurable come renewal date hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

DSC_1035_zpsmsghcato.jpg

The Tipo is a bit of a tight fit in the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Picked this up yesterday.

53213dd7-1346-469a-8c48-c97d19df5bd6_zpsdicizlsk.jpg

Once the weather clears will put up some more pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

IMG_20160123_124338_zpssdt47fnz.jpg

Got a drive of the S4, Jesus I have a want for a V8 now :D

Not forgetting

DSC_1039_zps743ftie9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

What is the white car? mazda?

It's my Supra

Its a car for another thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

And I thought I change cars often :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Got a new camera so took a few pics.

Golf%20MK7%20Bray_zps02fmqxiv.png

Golf%20MK7%20Mount%20Leinster_zpsymaic6mu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Closing in on 300k km.... and still going strong :)

3rOSyef.jpg

CianDon wrote: »

Love it! Such a car, bags of character.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Closing in on 300k km.... and still going strong :)

3rOSyef.jpg

The two tone paint looks fab, tell me this though. Do you ever get the wrong attention from the fuzz with the plates?

job seeker wrote: »
    The two tone paint looks fab, tell me this though. Do you ever get the wrong attention from the fuzz with the plates?

Not yet anyhow, have them a year now! A particularly anal traffic cop stopped me (only time I have ever been stopped in any car), and complained about the exhaust, which is very quiet and nct db legal as I tried to explain to him. Didn't like my very very slightly stretched tyres. Didn't like my 'modded' suspension, i.e coilovers, but never mentioned the plates! Told me he would take the car off me and get it crushed if he seen me again, nice guy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    Not yet anyhow, have them a year now! A particularly anal traffic cop stopped me (only time I have ever been stopped in any car), and complained about the exhaust, which is very quiet and nct db legal as I tried to explain to him. Didn't like my very very slightly stretched tyres. Didn't like my 'modded' suspension, i.e coilovers, but never mentioned the plates! Told me he would take the car off me and get it crushed if he seen me again, nice guy :D

Ah right.. Plates suit it.. Would ever consider the jap font plates?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

IMG_20160123_154314.jpg
    e3de6d01672c80eb911687827a3fd98a9aa0838755f6f0fd4884e753ac3e29e0.jpg

Damaged while parked, again. Twice in 6 months. Delicate subject but it really does make me question whether I would stop and leave my details if I bumped someone elses paeked car because clearly nobody ****ing else does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Has it pulled paint off?

I have 2 grazes like that, but a fair bit smaller on the back and front bumpers. Don't know how they got there as I'm the only one driving it, and I'm sure I'd know if I hit into something....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭JoeA3

^^^^ Very annoying.
    I had similar damage repaired on my wife's car last week, €200. Good as new.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

A terrible thing to happen, a light colour sand with 2500 grit wet sand paper followed by a compound and polish will sort out most of that.

With the wet evening yesterday, and finishing work early, I deceided to redecorate the stable to keep the 60-odd horses happy. You dont get the simplicity of 3 bolts and a screwdriver to remove the rocker cover on a modern car!!!

Before:
    24586439325_a6164a4437_c.jpg

After:
    23958265244_ce6c8357c2_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Pops_20

@CianDon - Out of interest, what's that pipe running from the exhaust heat shield to the intake?? I've never seen something like that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

The yoke I've been trying to get through the nct.

Tbh i think it looks nice enough, and I kinda enjoy driving it.

gFGCgyi.jpg

Pops_20 wrote: »
    @CianDon - Out of interest, what's that pipe running from the exhaust heat shield to the intake?? I've never seen something like that before.

Ahhh good old French oddness is what it is more than anything. Its a hot air intake, taking air straight off the manifold and sending it back into circulation. What its purpose is, Im not quiet sure. Have heard things ranging from improving the time needed for the single point injection to warm up right through to making sure the throttle body doesnt stick in cold weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Just a pic or two of the focus. left it like that in the first pic, although it's posing a bit!

10ofris.png

All alone along the prom in Galway last night looking out to the sea.

30a81g9.png

IMG_5392_3.jpg

Almost 197km on her now. Only 3k to go til the doors and wheels fall off and the exhaust starts dragging on the ground. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

The offset on the rear wheels :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement