Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

Yeah from day one it's needed spacers. But it needs at least 2 inches to make it look decent, and every time I think of getting them I think I'm probably looking for trouble by getting spacers so big.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,543 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Couple of pics and she hanging around with a feww friends.

DSC_3226_zps4iwhwerz.jpg

DSC_3225_zpsyhp7gqhb.jpg

DSC_3224_zpsfzzvwspx.jpg

DSC_3217_zpsc0kjeofz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Parking between the lines must be really tough in a BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Picked up last week :) Loving it so far :)

24227070019_37a616cec3_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

12604829_10205426490606071_1726571942785195905_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

^^ SG, what did you do with those S4 badges ?? :D
    *JK

Dog Taxi

20160125_132739_zpscv8grcss.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Zcott wrote: »
    Parking between the lines must be really tough in a BMW.

And being completely anal about the little things must be even tougher.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

Bought this tonight :)

12644956_197108657310417_4573755225364230295_n_j.jpg

12644956_197108657310417_4573755225364230295_n_j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Go on ya hure, 6cyl?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nice, just remove those stickers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kodirl

Picked this up yesterday.

Nice motor. I actually thought it was an R first. Looks nearly identical at first glance. Well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Daaryl wrote: »

Did you sell the Audi? I seen it advertised on facebook & donedeal during the week. Great looking car.

Best of luck with the Beemer!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

kodirl wrote: »
    Picked this up yesterday.

Nice motor. I actually thought it was an R first. Looks nearly identical at first glance. Well wear

Thanks kodirl.

I wish it was an R, maybe the next one will be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Vicxas wrote: »
    Nice, just remove those stickers :P
    And the wing! :P

YbFocus wrote: »
    Go on ya hure, 6cyl?

Nope, Little 4 Cylinder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

24549640881_4da64c82e0_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Just got sent this picture on another forum. My old RS Vitz, felt the need to say a few words about it, so i'l just copy and paste this from TOC-IRL. Very glad the chap is ok but still sad to see.

I wouldn't usually get totes emosh over a car as I really appreciate that they are just a lod of metal and plastic but that car had a soul. I felt a genuine connection with it. Any other car, the Glanza, Celica etc I could let go no bother. I just flipped my phone over there to Fiona there and she nearly had a tear. The fella who imported it and sold it to me is in my work and regularly asks how the car is doing, he says he's the same, had loads of cars in the mean time, but that one left a mark.

That was my first "performance" Toyota, i'l never forget how proud I was of it, it was a little gem. Endless hours cleaning, polishing, waxing; underneath it cleaning the springs, wishbones etc. it was like new, it didn't have so much as a stonechip when I bought it. Had all it's Jap doccumentation, import papers, service history and manuals.

That was the last car I went to view with my late father (although we didn't know that at the time) and he wanted it as much as I did. It was the car I picked up Fiona in the night we met and such a talking point as shes a bigger petrolhead than me. It's the car I got all my penalty points in. It's the mot enjoyment i've ever had from any car, one of the happiest memories of my whole life is being camped out on a beach one great summer with some friends and taking that car down onto the sand because I didn't want to leave it on the road all night, we got up early to watch the sun rise and we were leaning on the bonnet watching it. The car was person, it had feelings as far as I was concerned.

I owned it when I was a late teenager when I couldn't insure a Glanza but I wanted something distinctive, sonething good looking with a bit of poke. It was really a fabulous little car. People often slap around the terms ""may not be as advertised"" and "real head turner", but those are two things that that car genuinely was. Even now, it's hard for me to understand when I think back to how upset I got when a bird shat on it, to see a photo of it ending up like this.

This I the reason I will never sell my Glanza. I firmly believed that me and that car would cross paths again in the future. Sad to know now that that isn't going to happen. He's clearly testimonly to "anyone can drive a slow car fast, but not everybody can drive a fast car slow"...

In her glory days...
    51y7t1.jpg
    sngkuc.jpg

Now...
    7095DD37-F7D3-4703-9206-57B5144217B1_zpszk0p15y8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Woah jesus, was it rolled atal?

Good story but with a very sad ending. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

It's terrible to hear the car clearly meant a lot to you. I suppose you'll always have the memories, not nice to see it in that state now though when you had it in such a good condition when you had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Great post TFB, it's pretty much exactly how I feel about my car. I wouldn't be the same person I am without that E39, as ghey as that sounds :pac:
    Definitely wouldn't have the same group of friends or have had anywhere near the same experiences with another car!

IMG_20160105_122506_zpserfe4pr0.jpg

IMG_20160105_122443_zpswcq7u3x4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

That is like glass FN :)

TFB that is crap news man, it held up well in what looks like a serious crash!

What is that blue thing? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

A heartbreaking post TFB, it took quite a bash and hopefully kept the driver safe

Amazing how a car can transform and influence a person, a symbol of change/struggle/journey of reform to which many will never care to understand.

I say this as I due to retire my daily driver in a few days (unsurprisingly the Corolla isn't my daily). Its currently not economically viable to repair it, having done over 20k miles since June.

Sure, it was a sub €300 banger that pollutes all round it but it took me from one of the lowest points in my life to the start of a good career. Its given me faultless service and irritating problems consecutively. But at the back of it all its made me smile every time I drive it, not just because of its silliness but where the car has taken me in life.

A hybrid turbo and custom pump for a strange diesel experience. All over the country without breaking into a sweat

A well earned rest for a memorable car for years to come. Long live the Peugeot 406 D-Turbo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kodirl

Yaris Vitz-a rare breed on these shores

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Alloys that were on it when it was crashed were awful compared to the originals!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Pity about the vitz, i'd feel same way if Focus was mangled tbh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

GvidoR wrote: »
    Good story but with a very sad ending. :(
    Yeah G, colour me daft(er), but tales like TFB's get me right in the feels TBH. And the photo… :(

Yeah, they may be lumps of mass produced steel, placcy and rubber, but they can become our lumps of mass produced steel, placcy and rubber. With our own personal touches and the memories attached to journeys taken and times had they can become almost like another member of the family.

In the few cars I've had I've driven to births, deaths and marriages. I've had my heart soar and my heart broken and they brought me home. I've seen amazing things out their windows and sat in them after a long day listening to their engines that brought me home warmly tick.

I've a neighbour who's in his mid 90's(yep :eek:) who has a base model Starlet, about as luxurious as a Puritans pew and about as powerful as my hair dryer, that he bought as a two year old way back in the day and he loves that oul thing and it shows. Every time I bump into him he gives me a thumbs up and asks about my car and I ask about his and we have an oul natter. For me he's as much a "petrolhead" as anyone else who thinks of themselves that way.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

I think the Yaris is a bit of an understated car anyway. A lot of the "boys" seem to look at them and think they're sh*te, gay or whatever. Even the 1.0 has good power (69 hp) when you compare it to other N/A 1.0s from that era. The RS is in a totally different game though.

I wouldn't even have considered getting the Focus if my Yaris had a 1.5 litre petrol engine instead of the 1.0 to be honest. It was and still is a beast and it's exactly why I still have it!

7aa80fa6-9dae-493c-a880-6118110d1474.jpg

Yes, roof is caved in... in multiple spots :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement