Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

I think the Yaris is a bit of an understated car anyway. A lot of the "boys" seem to look at them and think they're sh*te, gay or whatever. Even the 1.0 has good power (69 hp) when you compare it to other N/A 1.0s from that era. The RS is in a totally different game though.

I wouldn't even have considered getting the Focus if my Yaris had a 1.5 litre petrol engine instead of the 1.0 to be honest. It was and still is a beast and it's exactly why I still have it!

7aa80fa6-9dae-493c-a880-6118110d1474.jpg

Yes, roof is caved in... in multiple spots :pac:

InB4 GvidoR tells me to plastidip the grille :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

shietpilot wrote: »
    Yes, roof is caved in... in multiple spots :pac:

InB4 GvidoR tells me to plastidip the grille :pac:

Love this, it would have happened too I say :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,088 ✭✭✭✭beertons

GvidoR wrote: »
    What is that blue thing? :eek:

I wanna know too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

beertons wrote: »
    I wanna know too.

Looks like a Marcos Mini

1965-mini-marcos-22.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

YbFocus wrote: »
    Love this, it would have happened too I say :)

As much of a surprise it may be, actually, no, I wouldn't have. :P

It's not much of a grille and also the Yaris itself is black. Black is good but you have to draw the line somewhere. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Looks like a Marcos Mini

Exactly what it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

@TFB - really sorry to see that. I know we may not see eye to eye on the more ''mundane'' Toyotas but I can appreciate that car for what it is. I was even in a mates RunX Corolla(?) the last time I was home and thought it was brilliant! Even DZ's Levin gave me my first appreciation for fast rev happy Toyotas. Sorry to see that man.

@Fancy Pigeon - great post man, really good post and really emphasises why we are car enthusiasts. Its not about what you drive (some people even drive Audi's :D ) it's much more than that. Its the memories and the times and places you went, people you had passenger etc.

My Alfa 156 is the same. Some of you may know the car. Its only a 1.6, it's had many a flaws, blew up an engine, broke a headgasket in the replacement etc etc but it's never once left me stranded! It's also the same car I used to travel to Kerry in as a child with the family! It turns out that it drives brilliantly but even if it didn't I'd still love the damn thing.

I'm currently in the US for work and will be for the foreseeable future, a few other posters on here are currently driving it and I'll continue to pay the maintenance and stuff on it simple so it can be driven and enjoyed!

I love hearing stories from people who genuinely have connections with their lumps of metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Really sad to see the Vitz come to that end TFB. Absolutely heartbreaking to see it end like that:(

166man wrote: »
    @TFB - really sorry to see that. I know we may not see eye to eye on the more ''mundane'' Toyotas but I can appreciate that car for what it is. I was even in a mates RunX Corolla(?) the last time I was home and thought it was brilliant! Even DZ's Levin gave me my first appreciation for fast rev happy Toyotas. Sorry to see that man.

@Fancy Pigeon - great post man, really good post and really emphasises why we are car enthusiasts. Its not about what you drive (some people even drive Audi's :D ) it's much more than that. Its the memories and the times and places you went, people you had passenger etc.

My Alfa 156 is the same. Some of you may know the car. Its only a 1.6, it's had many a flaws, blew up an engine, broke a headgasket in the replacement etc etc but it's never once left me stranded! It's also the same car I used to travel to Kerry in as a child with the family! It turns out that it drives brilliantly but even if it didn't I'd still love the damn thing.

I'm currently in the US for work and will be for the foreseeable future, a few other posters on here are currently driving it and I'll continue to pay the maintenance and stuff on it simple so it can be driven and enjoyed!

I love hearing stories from people who genuinely have connections with their lumps of metal.

Your right here 166man. It really isn't about the cars its about the human connections and memories. When I think back to my Primera and my Levin (Fearghal and Toby) it's not the cars I really remember. In fact neither was really that good, or at least both had major flaws! They both had brilliant personalities though based on the good and even the bad memories myself and my friends have of them and the things we did with them. What fantastic machines!

I would also like to say that your little 156 is driving excellently indeed :D:D:D Brought it for a little drive there to make a list for it's NCT. Brakes are working much better after a bit of use and I think all the front suspension is good. Just that slight knocking in the back :) What a fun little car:D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I never ever reset my B trip computer, I like seeing it rack up since I got the car. But then a mechanic goes and does it anyway :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Pops_20

@Toyotafanboi - Sorry to hear that the car has come to an end. BTW the photo is gone now can it be found elsewhere? :o

I remember when it came up for sale on DD around this time last year. I was half tempted to go and view it and get rid of my glanza considering how well taken care of it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

thanks for the kind words everyone, can't honestly believe how bad it made me feel. i've seen plenty of my other cars go on to get wrecked and never really batted an eye.

i see the pictures are removed from where ever they were hosted, beyond my control unfortunately. i believe it's for sale as is for very small money. be a nice conversion if you are into that sort of thing as all the RS kit inside and outside is ok bar the front bumper and i assume the engine and box are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

thanks for the kind words everyone, can't honestly believe how bad it made me feel. i've seen plenty of my other cars go on to get wrecked and never really batted an eye.

i see the pictures are removed from where ever they were hosted, beyond my control unfortunately. i believe it's for sale as is for very small money. be a nice conversion if you are into that sort of thing as all the RS kit inside and outside is ok bar the front bumper and i assume the engine and box are ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Pops_20 wrote: »
    @Toyotafanboi - Sorry to hear that the car has come to an end. BTW the photo is gone now can it be found elsewhere? :o

http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/richiemcleod/library/?sort=3&page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Taking the fight back to the turf burners, I bought this a little over two months ago:

09ec9ce1-6e1c-4dea-8f86-d2507f286ea9.jpg

I spent a lot of the weekend washing, polishing and waxing so she's a lot shinier now:) I'm absolutely delighted with it so far. It's quite understated, not as shouty as the Candy Whites or Tornado Reds with the 18in Detroits, and has buckets of performance. The engine is a peach, very free revving, almost no lag and has huge mid range punch.

It's impossible to use all of its performance day to day, but the occasional trip down some twisty country roads really puts a smile on my face. It's surprisingly economical too. I do predominantly city driving, lots of traffic, lights etc and I'm easily seeing 33MPG. If I drive like a saint it goes above 35 and I get 42 on the motorway at 120 clicks. Think I'll be holding on to this for a while:)

smash wrote: »

God, that looks like it had a serious off road excursion. Terrible to see a nice car end up like that, especially one that had so much sentimental value to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Lovely motor Ronnie

You might like this read

http://www.speedhunters.com/tag/project-gti/

Paddy is also a member on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Vicxas wrote: »
    Nice, just remove those stickers :P

And Wing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I don't know, I like the stickers and wing on the BMW. I think it gives the car character and makes it unique. :)

The wing is special to any one that knows what it is, stickers wouldn't be my thing but fire away :)

I know that car actually, can get a few lovely pics of it :)

• Advertisement

Autoheroes 2 in mondello :)

12376489_724026201030937_1409756683757773373_n.jpg?oh=97707a6bb2b1d74f9e4260c399988bd3&oe=572BD09C

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Doesn't look out of place there.

If I saw it on the street I have to admit I'd form a 'different' opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kodirl

Is that an M3 GT2 wing?Looks well , like the stance too. Nice dish on rear wheels

kodirl wrote: »
    Is that an M3 GT2 wing?Looks well , like the stance too. Nice dish on rear wheels

Tis indeed an M3 GT wing, getting one for my own car, possibly with crazy risers depending on how ridiculous I want to go :)

12607294_1550265628618085_829461688_n.jpg?oh=a1fb78691673bda0865ca2ab7a7e5c08&oe=56ABD8C5

Gonna have to disagree about that wing. It screams max power and looks chavtastic

smash wrote: »
    Gonna have to disagree about that wing. It screams max power and looks chavtastic

Indeed, just like an M badge has no place on a 520d, a GT2 wing has no place on a 4 pot 318.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Everyone to their own opinion :o

I know if I had a car like that then I'd do my own thing to it and not care what anyone else thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Top Dog

The rear numberplate bugs me more than the wing tbh :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

kodirl wrote: »
    like the stance

Why. Just why?

• Advertisement

I know if I had a car like that...

It's a 17 year old 316. You can probably pick one up for less than €500.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement