Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I think it looks great. Very USDM. I think it all fits together nice, the staggered wheels nicely flushed, big OEM wing...

the sticker choices and jimmy up plate surround suggest a certain car guy scene/ lifestyle, whether the owner actually adheres to that or just likes the look, we don't know. Does it matter? Only about as little as the cylinder count or the value of the car.

If we are going to pull the "the spoiler doesn't belong" card on him, we better all head out to our cars right now and remove any bits and pieces we've added from higher spec models before we go and offend someone on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Indeed, just like an M badge has no place on a 520d, a GT2 wing has no place on a 4 pot 318.

But in terms of appearance, it's acceptable on a higher spec model? :confused:

Anyway it's not a GT2 spoiler it's an LTW one. Usually wouldn't like them either but it does suit that car in particular.

Don't think anyone made reference to it being a track slut though?

Even if it were, in the words of Keiichi Tsuchiya; "it's not just about going fast, it's about looking good on the touge" :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Don't think anyone made reference to it being a track slut though?
    Im guessing he was talking about YB's e36 as he mentioned he was getting an LTW wing for that?

IMO, its a bit much but having said that I have never and probably never will modify a cars looks. I dont see the point in making a car look like something it isnt... But as I said, to each their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Im guessing he was talking about YB's e36 as he mentioned he was getting an LTW wing for that?

IMO, its a bit much but having said that I have never and probably never will modify a cars looks. I dont see the point in making a car look like something it isnt... But as I said, to each their own!

But your not making your car something it isn't, you're making it your own.
    How is me adding a spoiler that isn't factory making it something it isn't, it's going to be a track car so the crazier the better :)

I've moved on from the gt wing to the white one pictured above just to really annoy you :)

• Advertisement

YbFocus wrote: »
    But your not making your car something it isn't, you're making it your own.
    How is me adding a spoiler that isn't factory making it something it isn't, it's going to be a track car so the crazier the better :)

I've moved on from the gt wing to the white one pictured above just to really annoy you :)
    I was referring to Lightning/TFBs post, for a track car I agree with you sticking on a massive wing, the bigger the better because its a track car so you can make it as crazy looking as you want/can afford! But for a road car, (and I mean the one posted a few pages back, not yours) I think the LTW wing is a bit much!

Ha, it doesn't annoy me at all, Im all for a lairy looking track machine, the more wings, aero and turbos the better IMO!

I misunderstood you :)

The wing on daaryls car is a replica of an m3 Gt's one, so i think it's a nice homage to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

P3GscqU.jpg

Today I saw this while going to work. I always liked these big American trucks, and I wonder how much it costs here to maintain one. High emissions and a big engine make road tax and insurance skyrocket I would think.

I was curious to see the specs of this one so I ran the car registration and... apparently it does not exist. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

That thing was at cannonball I believe handing out energy drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It does actually exist. It's a diesel and a UK import Chevrolet Silverado 2500.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Today I saw this while going to work. I always liked these big American trucks, and I wonder how much it costs here to maintain one. High emissions and a big engine make road tax and insurance skyrocket I would think.

I was curious to see the specs of this one so I ran the car registration and... apparently it does not exist. lol

motor check had the reg plate. Apparantly 420 a year on tax, shure its only a 6.6 daysul lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

It does actually exist. It's a diesel and a UK import Chevrolet Silverado 2500.

Thanks! Where did you look?

Im guessing its owned by Monster or one of their subsidiaries/distributes so would be taxed and insured commercially

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

morritty wrote: »
    motor check had the reg plate. Apparantly 420 a year on tax, shure its only a 6.6 daysul lad.

Commercial tax... It makes me throw up a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Thanks! Where did you look?

Motorcheck :)

When I saw it was a SIlverado 2500 I thought it was a 2.5 litre and hence why it's in Ireland :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

smash wrote: »
    Commercial tax... It makes me throw up a bit!

Makes sence, always assumed commercial tax was 333. Never thought about massive engines though.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

12507620_943221715733402_3106750225479852861_n_j.jpg

12552536_943221652400075_4615346174647983117_n_j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Awesome. Looks really clean!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

morritty wrote: »
    Makes sence, always assumed commercial tax was 333. Never thought about massive engines though.

Light commercial tax is 333 but that Chevy is the band above.

Daaryl i love your new car as much as i hated your old one :)

Its gorgeous man fair play :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

You hated the B6?

It was a bit ostentacious really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

YbFocus wrote: »
    Daaryl i love your new car as much as i hated your old one :)

Its gorgeous man fair play :)
    It was a bit ostentacious really.

I thought it was actually a lot nicer in person than in the pictures the colour was very unique and looked really well in reality I seen it in Kilkenny one day during the summer on my way home from work absolutely spotless too.

GvidoR wrote: »
    You hated the B6?

I appreciated the car even though it was just a purple diesel a4.

Would i be seen dead in it?
    Not a hope in hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

nice bmw, does the bumper not have foglights

also dont think I like the spoiler at all

besides that , really nice example,been ages since I have seen a good clean example

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

besides that , really nice example,been ages since I have seen a good clean example

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

Really considering getting fogs for it and getting them wrapped yellow, Next on the list is getting my sunroof to open and getting my arches fixed and resprayed as they're getting eat alive over hitting the wheels with it being so low :o

the Celica got the Foxhole_Norman treatment today... Hadn't been washed since November before that and i don't think it's going to stay clean for much longer than this afternoon either as you can see from the terrain on my parking space and the colour of the road behind it :rolleyes: nice for 5 minutes though.

IMG_20160129_161031_1.jpg
    IMG_20160129_161350_1.jpg

Asmooh wrote: »
    Bought a car :)

Would you not post a pic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Sorry every time I posted a picture I got an error...

12647363_10208358135289703_1027838459846706050_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=88a36bc5b90ec1c8bf29907c2f703514&oe=57296F3A

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement