Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Not that anyone wants it but here's my input but here it is :pac:

I HATE dark wheels on anything that didn't come with them. Just looks chav IMO.

I didn't like the M6s but got used to them on your car and miss them now :p

Oh god this is impossible :p

They won't be making a return when they finally come off, I agree to an extent except for the likes of an impreza or its equals.
    On an e60 I think oem black wheels would be shocking!

Grand, be Quasimodo with those yokes :pac:

I was just saying that the spiders are the best looking E60 alloys. The MV2s look good on it too but they're a lot more common even on the E60.

I hate mv2's!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Aaaannnd I just realised what thread we're in........

EF33C493BF234E348814CA33ED46BF0D-0000372590-0003577224-00800L-A0149C6FE48C46869E56009200F7C6AB.jpg

Lets sneak out and ye can all keep harassing me in the chat thread....

Lovely pic by the way :D

Cheers. The thing about it is that it looks like a photo taken on purpose and looks kind of professional if you know what I mean. It was just a quick one to show the angel eyes. Pictures I take and that I want to look top class and professional always come out ****e :pac:

Also, it's a phone camera!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Cheers. The thing about it is that it looks like a photo taken on purpose and looks kind of professional if you know what I mean. It was just a quick one to show the angel eyes. Pictures I take and that I want to look top class and professional always come out ****e :pac:

Also, it's a phone camera!
    iPhone? They have a great camera :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Headed down to wexford today to pick up a polybushed rear suspension for the gtv. Had great fun between graiguenamanagh and new ross with a 530d. While the gtv was no match on the straight, not needing to brake going into bends has it's advantages:)

Anyway on the way back along a lovely bendy country road, I got stuck behind a tractor so figured it was the right time for a photo. A few mins later and I had the bendy road for myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Headed down to wexford today to pick up a polybushed rear suspension for the gtv. Had great fun between graiguenamanagh and new ross with a 530d. While the gtv was no match on the straight, not needing to brake going into bends has it's advantages:)

Anyway on the way back along a lovely bendy country road, I got stuck behind a tractor so figured it was the right time for a photo. A few mins later and I had the bendy road for myself.

I was down that neck of the woods today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I was down that neck of the woods today!

Ah jeysus had I known that I'd have asked you to bring the rear suspension in the back of your car....the subframe was massive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Ah jeysus had I known that I'd have asked you to bring the rear suspension in the back of your car....the subframe was massive.

I didn't even know id be there meself, had to drop my mechanic down to collect a car, fecker woke me up haha

Oblig pic

The first ever picture I took of any car i owned :) love that car still, so many memories in it

28hml91.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭dodzy

My yoke. Bloody 18" wheels are too small :(

311556.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Wheels are not too big, the car is just a bit too high.

OSI wrote: »
    You think that. But watching the kind of cash my Dad has to hand over to wrap the 20" wheels he has on A6 in tyres is painful and makes me damn glad I only have 18" myself.

You'd think that the smaller tyres would be more expensive since there's a lot more tyre. Sounds like an oxymoron but yeah. You're basically paying for a bigger hole and more sidewall reinforcement!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

OSI wrote: »
    You think that. But watching the kind of cash my Dad has to hand over to wrap the 20" wheels he has on A6 in tyres is painful and makes me damn glad I only have 18" myself.

I've been pricing lately - 255 was the best I got last time for 20s (which was cheaper than the 19s strangely enough due to the 20s being a more usual size). The 18s are only 140 a corner this time. Nice difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭dodzy

GvidoR wrote: »
    Wheels are not too big, the car is just a bit too high.
    what would you recommend gvidor ( not costing the stars ) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

dodzy wrote: »
    what would you recommend gvidor ( not costing the stars ) ?

Coilovers would be the best way to go, not sure how much they would cost for an Audi like yours. If that's out of your price range, then maybe some 40mm lowering springs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Car put to good use yesterday. :)

champ_zps1f9f3979.jpg~original

Congrats to your sister Voodoo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

827DAA97-A689-4090-B874-1769327A6640_1.jpg

EA7C4340-24C5-4C05-8785-E72BD6038CB3.jpg

0BBEBB94-6557-44D1-B62C-C3D6AE39E7E4_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

May aswell shove up some pics....

Slowly but surely it's being restored. The fathers project car, well one of them anyway. New fusebox, interior and braking system all round. To do still are every electrical contact on the car :eek: treat the surface rust, suspension, exhaust, wur and a new bonnet (that was my fault :o ) still, a monster of a car nonetheless that sounds fantastic with just a pair of pipes!
    14473789695_6b49675b43_h.jpg

Can't put up the behemoth without putting a pic of this other huge monster of a car.....
    14472616284_e94a8d89f8_h.jpg

Parking them side by side, the Sei only goes as far back as the front door handles :cool:

And in the background is a Mercedes I drive for the moment while I sort the next car, which has made an appearance before, if anyone sees this Easter egg well done you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

dodzy wrote: »
    My yoke. Bloody 18" wheels are too small :(

I seen an identical A6 in Ashbourne on thurs or fri was it yours?
    Lovely looking cars

Quick once over earlier. Surprised so little tar had attached itself to it given me roads melting around the place.

1726E463-07CF-47E1-ADEB-6194F04D457F_zpsddtnvs28.jpg

D2ABA790-167E-49DF-A686-F0BA8D833F4C_zpsesssv2or.jpg

27EE2ADE-25BA-4DC6-BE64-E06FBC3ABA5F_zpsxjnhug6o.jpg

I originally went out to sort out the weeds in the last picture as they popped up over night almost but got a little distracted.

Interior got gtechniq trim protection and copious amounts of stripper scent:)

Why the hell are ya spraying air freshener in a new car :confused:

Why the hell are ya spraying air freshener in a new car :confused:

The scent of a stripper is more appealing than plastic and glue maybe? Unless it's not your thing:p

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it made from real strippers?

colm_mcm wrote: »

Pure pole grease.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

colm_mcm wrote: »

Their tears and sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

qH5dsz171W-2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

A pic of the GTI on my favorite set of corners in motorsport, the kink into Indianapolis and then Arnage at Le Mans.
    Let's just say I had some fun on it:)

DSC_0007_zpsfhmsqdu4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

Class GTi Killinator. Lovin dgt's panzer tank too. The Sei, not so much :P
    Nowt wrong with stripper smells too unless as pointed out, it's not actually harvested from strippers ass cracks. That'd be manky.
    Went for a spin today. Camera phone pics, sorry.

20140621_203049_zpshpod7pjj.jpg

20140621_203154_zpsneub1ohy.jpg

20140621_203300_zpssqqgperq.jpg

20140621_203342_zpsqgvjotk7.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement