Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Feck you anyway with your M-Sport E39 :(

Lol! They're actually like gold dust atm! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Lol! They're actually like gold dust atm! :D

Tell me about it! I was going to go and take a look at that one in Wesht Cork but it's already sold. So cheap too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I think we'll start to see good E38/E39 prices start to rise. E39 sports with good miles going for €2000-€2500 was a bit ridiculous, they should get a good bit more now.

Don't be saying that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Serious car. Stunning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Bought back this Passat on Friday, lost my job three years ago so had to sell it to pay for college. Working again so bought it back from my dad! Delighted with it so far. :D

photo2_zpsb2304133.jpg

I think we'll start to see good E38/E39 prices start to rise. E39 sports with good miles going for €2000-€2500 was a bit ridiculous, they should get a good bit more now.

Agreed. There's plenty of SE's about but M-Sports are hard enough to come by of late in the E39 and almost impossible to find in the E38 (in this country anyhow). The thing is both the stance and drive of the Sports as opposed to an SE makes it look and feel like a different car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Agreed. There's plenty of SE's about but M-Sports are hard enough to come by of late in the E39 and almost impossible to find in the E38 (in this country anyhow). The thing is both the stance and drive of the Sports as opposed to an SE makes it look and feel like a different car.

Wouldn't mind testing that theory out at the meet in the park :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Is yours a 530i?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Posted these in the Detailing thread too. Car has been sitting up for a good while now and looking very sorry for itself, so decided to give it a wash. No before pictures but some afters. Had considered selling and had it up on DD, but I love it too much to sell it :D

2014-06-29172528_zpse33f5221.jpg

2014-06-29172606_zps6a2c14f0.jpg

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind testing that theory out at the meet in the park :pac:

I too would like to see that. I have more experience of SE's and I was a big fan of the boat feel. The sports look way better though. I think I just need an extended drive in a sport.

Is yours a 530i?

Unfortunately not. Went from a 735 to a 520 (2.2L)
    I too would like to see that. I have more experience of SE's and I was a big fan of the boat feel. The sports look way better though. I think I just need an extended drive in a sport.

En route back from Galway this afternoon we passed a tidy 02 black E39 SE and the woman asks me why our car looks so much better. ;)

I had a pre-facelift E39 SE prior to the 735 and there is no comparison in handling between that and the current bus. Take one out on some twisties and you'll see. :)

Why am I experiencing deja vu? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Unfortunately not. Went from a 735 to a 520 (2.2L)

Ah right,ive a 530i m-sport myself and even after all these years the e39 is still a beautiful car its a pleasure to drive :)

Lack of open driving limits me right now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Nz has some smashing driving roads. Driving out near akaroa or down at mount cook. Unreal.

Absoltely. My favourite is the road from Christchurch to Queenstown, about 100 miles before you hit Queenstown it's epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

That Lupo GTI is so awesome, I bet it's really fun to drive. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Posted these in the Detailing thread too. Car has been sitting up for a good while now and looking very sorry for itself, so decided to give it a wash. No before pictures but some afters. Had considered selling and had it up on DD, but I love it too much to sell it :D

class little lupo love the speedlines totally make the car imo-are you going to bring it to the pheonix park meet in july?

these hold there value very well if i recall?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

If it's taxed and tested by then I will, if not then unfortunately I wont be

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

back from me brief intermission. not sure if i posted these pics aready :P

totally in love with the car. really getting it the way i want it. so so comfortable and presentable in contrast to the glanza. new rad, thermo, coolant, oil and filters, plugs and swapped my four brand new "first stop speed" remoulds for 4 part worn dunlops too.

stripped the interior and rug doctor'd it and gave the engine bay a good clean also taxed it for 6 months. have a few more parts ordered for it, but that's quite enough spending for the time being. insurance also halved compared to my glanza renewal, curious to note they don't pull the import card when quoting for this car.

20140614_134707.jpg
    20140614_134645.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Where's it imported from, not Japan anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

That is one fine corolla, any interior pics?

CianRyan wrote: »
    Where's it imported from, not Japan anyway?

no, no just the UK.

its just interesting all the companies that tell you "we just don't insure any imports" do actually insure imports when it suits them. i appreciate the corolla is a much lower risk car, it's just not nice being lied to.

no, no just the UK.

its just interesting all the companies that tell you "we just don't insure any imports" do actually insure imports when it suits them. i appreciate the corolla is a much lower risk car, it's just not nice being lied to.

When I rang about a price on 1.6 JDM Integra, they told me if I wasn't already insured with them they wouldn't have even given me a quote, but since I was already a customer they asked €2900 or something very close to that.

That same place also asked if my Bora was a Japanese import. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

no, no just the UK.

They alway tell me it's Jap imports, luckily for me my Jap import came here from England. :pac:

That is one fine corolla, any interior pics?

this one's not the best and definitely a repost. been threatening to go on a drive with the DSLR for a while now.

its T3 spec so got nicer seats, the same ones used in the t-sport afaik and some chrome splashed around on the gear stick, door handles and vents and stuff. stereo controls and leather on the steering wheel, air con, trip computer and extra tweeter speakers. all items that most people on here would come to expect in any car, but they tart the corolla up nicely.

to be honest i don't know my own comfort now that i have remote central locking. i still keep putting my key in the door.

DSC_0265.jpg

GvidoR wrote: »
    When I rang about a price on 1.6 JDM Integra, they told me if I wasn't already insured with them they wouldn't have even given me a quote, but since I was already a customer they asked €2900 or something very close to that.

That same place also asked if my Bora was a Japanese import. :confused:

Yea basically the "computer says no" and would flag your Bora as being an import of some kind so they would have to ask you as 99% of these fookers know nothing about cars and imports etc.

(I worked for AXA , Zurich, Eagle Star ins, Quinn Direct and a few life insurers too :o cant beat the 1/2 price staff rates though I had a 96 Supra TT 6sp insured for 800euro fully comp ;))

New corolla is looking tasty TFB especially that interior:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

this one's not the best and definitely a repost. been threatening to go on a drive with the DSLR for a while now.

its T3 spec so got nicer seats, the same ones used in the t-sport afaik and some chrome splashed around on the gear stick, door handles and vents and stuff. stereo controls and leather on the steering wheel, air con, trip computer and extra tweeter speakers. all items that most people on here would come to expect in any car, but they tart the corolla up nicely.

to be honest i don't know my own comfort now that i have remote central locking. i still keep putting my key in the door.

Friend of mine has a corolla the spit of your's (but it's 05 and dark blue). Drove it once, not for long, or very far mind, but I was really surprised by how it responds and drives - the cabin is quite nice too, especially with the T4 spec!

davycc wrote: »
    cant beat the 1/2 price staff rates though I had a 96 Supra TT 6sp insured for 800euro fully comp ;))

That'd be at least 1/4 price for me, I'd say. :o

• Advertisement

GvidoR wrote: »
    That'd be at least 1/4 price for me, I'd say. :o

Get a job in an insurance co it will be grand;) when I was 19ish and 1st got my full licence I was paying 3600 punts TPFT on a 94 Golf Gti 16v 2litre so I feel your pain:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement