Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Can't get it out of my head but wtf would you have done if it just started rolling down that hill :D

You've a tasty ban coming your way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

9bred4 wrote: »

Gobble gobble gobble :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

dgt wrote: »
    TrailerBob I'd say that's the only Irish Landcruiser that was ever out of the country, legendary to travel Europe in that :cool:

I know of one that drove, to the Atlas mountains and back, then he went back to the Atlas mountains again but this time kept driving all the way to South Africa.
    9bred4 wrote: »

I hate back seat mods.
    Can't get it out of my head but wtf would you have done if it just started rolling down that hill :D

That's some "Hill". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

tossy wrote: »
    I know of one that drove, to the Atlas mountains and back, then he went back to the Atlas mountains again but this time kept driving all the way to South Africa.

I hate back seat mods.

That's some "Hill". :D

Pet.

Boards does the slieve blooms!

Mr ybfocus's camera skills by the way ;)

334iu1i.jpg

14vnxon.jpg

2zoelo5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Yay for my photography skills :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Mr ybfocus's camera skills by the way ;)

Don't give up the day job :pac:

Don't give up the day job :pac:

What day job? :confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Trollhättan

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    As some of you know, over the last year in college I have been building a racing car for my final year project. 22 of us built the car for the Formula Student competition. This is a competition held every year where our car/team will compete against other mechanical engineering students from around the world. The unveiling of the car was tonight and I thought that a few here might be interested. Not strictly my car but after designing and building it with a group of my friends over the last year I feel it's more mine than any other car will be!!!! :):)

The photos aren't the best, taken on the phone in the rush etc.

I see that ye got a write up in the Irish Times today... best of luck in the competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Ha cheers man! Just in the airport now :)

We were (well some members of the team but not me :p) up all night last night putting in and mapping the replacement engine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Rear wheel on the 5 series doesn't look the sharpest in that last pic :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Those Saab estates, look like Peugeot estates in all angles (except from the front).

Those Saab estates, look like Peugeot estates in all angles (except from the front).

Don't insult my car, please :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Don't insult my car, please :pac:
    Relax, he didn't mention GM - you're ok!

Relax, he didn't mention GM - you're ok!

I know, i was kidding sure :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

I know, i was kidding sure :P

I wasn't!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

dar83 wrote: »
    Rear wheel on the 5 series doesn't look the sharpest in that last pic :eek:

It's pyyyyoooooooorrrrr camber laaaad!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

My son's car. Working for it's living :D

DSC_0002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

It's pyyyyoooooooorrrrr camber laaaad!

Looks possibly like a bit too much toe as well though. Not straight camber. :P

Wow ok lads. There is no tracking trouble etc, it's the fact they're sitting so far in is the problem. The line of the arch playing with your eyes. Spacers on tonight should fix that. As for the wheels, i know some of you dont like them but they're on my car and i despised the m6's. Anyone who has seen them in the flesh has loved them.

• Advertisement

It scrubs up well i think :)

33at443.jpg

Oblig "arty" shot

1e6fys.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

They look good and clean, but what would annoy me is the bolt holes are still mank. An old tooth brush and apc will sort that right out :).

Hal1 wrote: »
    They look good and clean, but what would annoy me is the bolt holes are still mank. An old tooth brush and apc will sort that right out :).

Yeah the whole thing is annoying me, I want to get new nuts for it as well, so come tomorrow I'll invest in some new shiny ones

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

YbFocus wrote: »
    Wow ok lads. There is no tracking trouble etc, it's the fact they're sitting so far in is the problem. The line of the arch playing with your eyes. Spacers on tonight should fix that. As for the wheels, i know some of you dont like them but they're on my car and i despised the m6's. Anyone who has seen them in the flesh has loved them.

I like them. Understated, like a 5er should be imo.

The M6 alloys are better suited to a more striking car....like an M6 :pac:

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I like them. Understated, like a 5er should be imo.

The M6 alloys are better suited to a more striking car....like an M6 :pac:

Thanks man. I love them, now that I'm on the laptop I can see that the camber look is the lack of the spacers.
    I love the look of the car at the min but my dream wheels for her would be these alexps_D3B3879_sig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭YraggarY

Jeremy Clarkson's favourite car, I believe. :pac:

994613_10151909711466539_1979382979_n.jpg

1383145_10151909711221539_1111094279_n.jpg?oh=7ea12a41b83f51d7fbc190e6125c31d4&oe=54555EE7&__gda__=1415064542_91582322fabbb128d93ef4b6c909669c

1379699_10151909712356539_1483552681_n.jpg

Exhaust has been cleaned up a little since these were taken! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

10513729_1475506379359844_485363001_n.jpg

All set for Blarney Show tomorrow. If it rains en-route, I will be distraught.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭JC01

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    All set for Blarney Show tomorrow. If it rains en-route, I will be distraught.

Sweet sanctimonious Jesus, it looks like it wants to eat you, stunning car paddy iv read through the whole thread on bmw-driver two or three times at this stage. Now please please put a 330d engine in it and I can be fully converted to devil juice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

JC01 wrote: »
    Sweet sanctimonious Jesus, it looks like it wants to eat you, stunning car paddy iv read through the whole thread on bmw-driver two or three times at this stage. Now please please put a 330d engine in it and I can be fully converted to devil juice :D

Cheers, mate :)

I think if I wanted power, I'd just buy an Evo or M3. In saying that, 250hp should be easily sought from a 320d but it's not something I'm really interested in as I've become fond of my license :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭v240gltse

here's my W124 230E after a good cleaning

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement