Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Yes, because M sport a styling/features pack not a //M badge. M sport is not motorsport division.

It's actually ///M ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It's actually

M_Badge.jpg

But I've yet to find the key on my keyboard that has that on it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ah frig Chris, couldn't ya have kept quiet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Never give them an excuse, Chris!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

The suspension is the most important part I've driven other e90's and they have felt like miles apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Back on topic. Hope to be driving her again by Friday.

*Chaser pic*

Saw one of these in the flesh for the first time a couple of weeks ago (it wasnt you!); bigger than I realised and very impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

If(when) I get a GTI its getting debadged. Looks awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Surely would look better with an "sdi" badge on the back... for the lulz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Moneymaker wrote: »

That's not the only car that looks good when de-badged.
    Surely would look better with an "sdi" badge on the back... for the lulz

Sleeper points. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Got a new car :) It's worth over €7,500 but we got it for €5000 through a trade price and a very good man. 2007 Toyota Avensis MC 1.8 Luna with 80K, pics to come!

Has 4 new Bridgestone tyres, full garage service history and is getting oil, filters and valet done at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

c5 gone?

c5 gone?
    Yup a chap called Sunday morning and came all the way from Castlebar, owned one from new before and wanted one again - who am I to argue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

You didnt hold onto it too long, lots of issues?

You didnt hold onto it too long, lots of issues?
    Had in 10 months, had to replace the aircon flaps by removing the whole dash, flue lines and sensor, turbo seal and fuel tank sender. Don't get me wrong it's a lovely car to drive with tonnes of gadgets but time for something a bit more reliable considering we are catering around a 5 month old ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

advertsfox wrote: »
    Got a new car :) It's worth over €7,500 but we got it for €5000 through a trade price and a very good man. 2007 Toyota Avensis MC 1.8 Luna with 80K, pics to come!

Has 4 new Bridgestone tyres, full garage service history and is getting oil, filters and valet done at the minute.

Sounds like a great deal mate, looking forward to pictures! Best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Back on topic. Hope to be driving her again by Friday.

Apologies if this is a sore subject, but are you going to get the front bumper sorted to match the gloss of the rest of the body, or are you just going to leave it matte?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Would ye all stop buying E39 M-Sports will ye!

How will I ever get one :pac:

Yea buy an S60 instead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Yea buy an S60 instead :(

I'm alright thanks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

dar83 wrote: »
    Apologies if this is a sore subject, but are you going to get the front bumper sorted to match the gloss of the rest of the body, or are you just going to leave it matte?

The clear coat I used was crap, but I have some 2k clear ordered. Here is the paint before the clear.
    mybumper.jpg

its not finished and is even been held on with cable ties at the moment.

Is the surface smooth Chris? If it's rough, the lacquer won't shine. You will have to lightly sand it to remove the roughness before lacquering. If it's smooth then you shouldn't have a problem.

• Advertisement

Is the surface smooth Chris? If it's rough, the lacquer won't shine. You will have to lightly sand it to remove the roughness before lacquering. If it's smooth then you shouldn't have a problem.

Its good enough for the moment.
    Its completely smooth, was wet sanded with 2500 grit. the problem is the clear.

Its good enough for the moment.
    Its completely smooth, was wet sanded with 2500 grit. the problem is the clear.

Have you many coats of clear coat on? Took me about 6 (light) coats to get it all shiny. The first few coats seem to soak into the paint and make little impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Lads, I think Chris has more experience than the rest of ye at this, particularly rattle can 'experts' :pac:

Guys, I am fine with this temp job and I promise next time I put up a picture it will be shiny.:)

Lads, I think Chris has more experience than the rest of ye at this, particularly rattle can 'experts' :pac:

That's fvcken rich coming from YOU!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Looks like the clear coat was put on too thin and then dried out too quickly leaving a Matt finish. 1k laquer won't hold up well at all on a bumper anyway as it's too soft to withstand impacts from stone chips etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

314828.jpg

Put on 600+km over the weekend. And remembered why I bought it. Even if it is now manky dirty and smeared in flies.

2r46iw6.jpg

Alloys need sorting out.

Them alloys are the only ones that suit a golf IMO

• Advertisement

Thanks. I meant they need a good refurb. Bits flaking off here and there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement