Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

How much is the 145 lowered by?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Kaiser D wrote: »
    1976 Saab

Lovely car! Is that photo Instagrammed? Any photos without filters applied? What colour will you spray it when the time comes?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Lovely car! Is that photo Instagrammed? Any photos without filters applied? What colour will you spray it when the time comes?

It's not THAT instagrammed...

Looks like it got a dose of army khaki / brown & white camo onto a leaf stencil.

Interested to see how it turns out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

r3nu4l wrote: »

Thanks; thats just a filter on my iPhone, the camera quality isn't great otherwise :o I'll take more photos tomorrow when we're finished.
    It's not THAT instagrammed...

Looks like it got a dose of army khaki / brown & white camo onto a leaf stencil.

Interested to see how it turns out!

Correct; just a DIY job.

I too am interested to see how it turns out; I just got bored of the black and found this online, its a simple thing to do. Spray the car in the base coat and use leaves'branches from the garden as stencils. I have a few more touches to add, like a roof rack, bonnet mounted spare wheel, foldable shovel etc.

When the funds allow I'd like to respray the car in its original colour of carline blue, but with possibly a bit of a historic racer look to it.

But, like I said, when funds allow....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

bear1 wrote: »
    How much is the 145 lowered by?

No idea! Turns out the springs had been cut to lower it, so after these pics were take, I put standard shocks/springs back in, as it was far too low, and was grounding and wheel arch rubbing quite badly, especially at speed.

Much better now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Technically, neither is mine, but this was the driveway this morning.
    XC60s_zps2463e3ca.jpg

Silver one is hers. I had to drop customers to the Airport after a meeting yesterday so took the Black one.

I don't think 10 cylinders, 420bhp and 4 turbo's (and 2x4x4) have ever looked so unassuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Can't beat Volvo for sleepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

It's home. :)

140hij9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

St alloys
    IMAG0232-1.jpg

Zetec
    1307883321016.jpg

Mp3
    1303662472742.jpg

Wheels next job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Mp's i say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ya wheels are one of the major priorities! Heart is set on the ST's. Very difficult to find any around. If anyone knows of anyone selling them, let me know! :)

Ohh and fogs too. Hal1 what was it that you said once before about needing an extra bit of wiring for the ST fogs to fit in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I really hate the ST's, they look so tacky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

CianRyan wrote: »
    I really hate the ST's, they look so tacky.

Was just gonna say that. They belong on 3drs anyway imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I think the zetecs.

ST's have been done to death and the MP's belong on a base model Mondeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

St's are way nicer in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

The s15 I bought arrived awhile back, kept it for a few weeks but even before I bought it I still wanted another Honda, here's the s15

v6pzes.jpg

In the meantime I bought this, first time going back to a car that I've already had before but it'll do untill I get a 34Gtr or Nsx :)

10zr42o.jpg

zvdh5e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Not a major Jap fan (Evo's aside) but I love those TypeR's. Any colour on them looks sublime but that blue just pops!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I prefer the Silvia though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

^ Oh god straighten up that Honda

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ya wheels are one of the major priorities! Heart is set on the ST's. Very difficult to find any around. If anyone knows of anyone selling them, let me know! :)

Ohh and fogs too. Hal1 what was it that you said once before about needing an extra bit of wiring for the ST fogs to fit in?

Hey, these are the jumper cables to work with the existing loom.
    1302615.jpg

Jumper cable on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-FORD-Focus-ST170-1302615-Fog-Lamp-Jumper-Wiring-/400540807702?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d4217b216

St wheels on dungdeal: http://cars.donedeal.ie/alloyswheels-for-sale/ford-focus-st-genuine-alloys/7376302

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

That S15 has the Aero front bumper, they go for big money here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Ya wheels are one of the major priorities!

Call me a weirdo, because I am, but a set of RS7's might work on a black car.....

I dunno, maybe I just like older sh*t but hey, it's worth considering,especially with a suitable drop :cool:

focusrs7s-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Got an exhaust made up by my very talented friend the other day!

Few pics to show you, if you could hear the bloody thing :)

317072.JPG

317070.jpg

317071.jpg

That's some fiiine work :cool:

That's some fiiine work :cool:

He does some serious work alright :)
    Your pipe is 100% yeah?
    Made any difference?

YbFocus wrote: »
    He does some serious work alright :)
    Your pipe is 100% yeah?
    Made any difference?

Not a bother on it, no warning lights or alarms, lovely note off it, sounds a bit like a boxer engine :pac:

Not a bother on it, no warning lights or alarms, lovely note off it, sounds a bit like a boxer engine :pac:

It would certainly be much less restrictive! Very bad design by saab to narrow the pipe like that :)

Aye it was, but in fairness for the price of the pipe it's no wonder no one buys them, I'll try get a pic of it there now :)

Aye it was, but in fairness for the price of the pipe it's no wonder no one buys them, I'll try get a pic of it there now :)

It's the little things man, certainly smartens up the bay :)

• Advertisement

One brand new pipe :D

vq0j7o.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement