Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I stared at those seats long enough to see the palm tree, anyone else see it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Clearly you bought it from a French car nut!

If your still up there, I know a guy called Luke who is hugely into his French stuff, and he's got a base spec 1.4 BX.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Clearly you bought it from a French car nut!

If your still up there, I know a guy called Luke who is hugely into his French stuff, and he's got a base spec 1.4 BX.
    I'm up here for the summer.

It's not Luke who is also into large Renaults and Volvos? I haven't met him yet but an all round good egg I'm told. there is a 14BX for sale in Antrim too on donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

dar83 wrote: »
    I stared at those seats long enough to see the palm tree, anyone else see it?
    They're not as bad in real life :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I'm up here for the summer.

It's not Luke who is also into large Renaults and Volvos? I haven't met him yet but an all round good egg I'm told. there is a 14BX for sale in Antrim too on donedeal.

He's generally a Frnech car nut. That 14BX was Luke's and he sold it to a friend of mine, but I think he may have sold it on, I'm not sure. He could help you out with the Citroen if you needed parts or whatever, he is as you say a "good egg" :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Thats awesome, so cool. My dad had one of those when I was a young child in the early 90s. He wrote it off in a head on collision with a truck and survived with only a few scratches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

fletch wrote: »

Good to see the Clio back at your house it was gone a while. I can always tell when it drives in, the note is unmistakable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Bio Mech wrote: »
    Good to see the Clio back at your house it was gone a while. I can always tell when it drives in, the note is unmistakable. :)
    Ha yeh it's one of the few 4 cylinder engines that actually sounds nice...it's no straight 6 but it does remind me of an E46 M3 on start up.
    It was away for a while getting new suspension and in typical Irish dealer fashion, they hadn't a clue what they were doing. No idea what the car was or what parts should go on it, ordering in the wrong parts a few times...disaster, 3 weeks off the road! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

fletch wrote: »
    Define better? :)
    Handling...the Clio, no contest. It handles like it's on rails.
    Straight-line...the Fabia(180bhp) probably edges the Clio(197bhp) but that's mostly down to the 7speed DSG in the Fabia compared to 6speed manual in the Clio.
    Comfort...again the Fabia wins...the Clio is fairly tiresome on a long journey with 120kph equating to about 4k rpm and as it's an R27 it has the lowered cup suspension so it's fairly unforgiving.
    Economy...the Clio manages low 30s mpg on a run at best/high 20s around town...the Fabia can do high 40s (which is pretty decent for a "performance" petrol) on a run/30-35mpg around town
    Fun...easily the Clio.

So back to your question, which is the better car...I don't know. The Clio is the fun hatch while the Fabia is our "sensible" hatch

The DSG box is good?

Remember a lad here(can't remember who) saying the DSG in GTI was the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Moneymaker wrote: »
    The DSG box is good?

Remember a lad here(can't remember who) saying the DSG in GTI was the business.

That'd be our resident DSG fanboi OSI :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Just have to get the alloys refurbed and sprayed in due time and then I think I'm done visually. Unless I decide to go for matching silver handles etc. Driving 100% , it's a great solid little car. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Where did you get them plates rizzee? Could I get a better pic of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

There you go. Just local motor factors, they do the standard and bold print so I went with the bold. They're nice and tidy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

QSzZ5hP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I would love one of those 197 F1s in Red

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

nd wrote: »

what are those wheels off of? definitely want to copy you :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Are they 16's nd? I forget.

what are those wheels off of? definitely want to copy you :P :pac:

due to CharlieCrokers keen eye, they were apparently originally on an mg tf
    They look identical to the MGF wheel.

Nice choice, they look well

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90630892&postcount=644

and yep 16s

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

i can't promise i won't copy that. i also can't promise that when i can't find a set i'l pm you looking for those :pac: they look absolutely mean as **** on that car.

• Advertisement

I remember seeing a really nicely modded corolla e120 by a Swedish guy I think, but can't find the bookmark.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Are these the ones I recommended you some time ago (donedeal link)?

If they're toyota wheels, more than likely it'd be toyota logo stamped somewhere inside a wheel. As well as OEM manufacturer name (Ronal probably). :)

yep they are them (thanks again!).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

No prob. :) Looks very well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

It's very clean and has had a suspension over hall and a partial strip down for the purposes of rustproofing. It's a credit to the seller and I'm getting an XM estate full of spares to go with it:)

Nice one - all the best with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Found this on phone, kind of miss :(

10585470_803974596303470_55445776_n.jpg?oh=3808538bb5588a8628616a7c9863e443&oe=53E97B1C&__gda__=1407830273_83a274cdc55f1f31ffbe6cf621aca171

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

what do you have now? didnt realise you sold the focus

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

@SG - saw it in Fermoy today. Looked pretty clean in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭RyanMGF

nd wrote: »
    due to CharlieCrokers keen eye, they were apparently originally on an mg tf

Were they a straight fit onto the Corolla?

The F/TF use the weird old Triumph 4x95.25 PCD so they don't fit much else apart from auld Maestros and things unless you use PCD adaptors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

what do you have now? didnt realise you sold the focus

Volvo S60 while i save between now and xmas for something vintage and build a shed for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement