Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

With my RCZs' release date being pushed back another week I managed to get myself something a little bit nicer from Peugeot. Granted its not as nicely spec'ed as the 208, its a lot nicer on motorways and its got cruise control. 2.0 HDI manual with about 140 BHP I think. Its pretty good actually. I choose it over a 2008.
    10422095_786339234741636_533513617042027947_n.jpg?oh=2ecddf4e72df3e15e50c1caeb9b632bb&oe=5464BFC1&__gda__=1416856410_64a44b1c389687d91d0f03fda23bc243

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

What's up with the RCZ?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Sorry Ded_Zebra! Your Levin looked very clean, what ya driving now?

One more with the new wheels...

MOPtRW4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

This of all things :(

2.0 Diesel developing a massive 88BHP :P

A82729C51D13479B8D8A88C84D350BF4-0000363222-0003541495-01024L-BDF614009AB2445DB028D4235C4267BB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Beast! Love Primeras, had two as you know. Sure who needs bhp when you have powerhouse tank-likeness to sledgehammer you along. Still have my green Primera up the workshop. I sit in it every now and again and remind myself of days gone by, when pot holes were not my enemy, and car park dings not to be feared. Great car in its own right.

• Advertisement

It's an awful ball of scrap :P I've got something to replace it that I should be driving in the next couple of weeks I hope ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    It's an awful ball of scrap :P I've got something to replace it that I should be driving in the next couple of weeks I hope ;)

Can you overtake in yours on anything less than a runway sized straight?

Interslice wrote: »
    Can you overtake in yours on anything less than a runway sized straight?

I've got very good at predicting overtaking opportunities and winding up in advance! Also carrying speed around corners etc has become important :P

A few days ago on the way back from Westport I was in a queue of cars stuck behind a hores box. We came around a corner slowly onto a straight up a hill and everyone else (3 cars in front of me) passed it and I couldn't even keep up with the horse box :P:pac::(

EDIT: Which engine is in yours?

I've got very good at predicting overtaking opportunities and winding up in advance! Also carrying speed around corners etc has become important :P

A few days ago on the way back from Westport I was in a queue of cars stuck behind a hores box. We came around a corner slowly onto a straight up a hill and everyone else (3 cars in front of me) passed it and I couldn't even keep up with the horse box :P:pac::(

EDIT: Which engine is in yours?

That all sounds about right :). Mine doesn't accelerate up hills at all.
    It's a CD20T fly by wire, wasn't sure if it's underpowered for some reason or just naturally slow. Feels like the CAT is blocked or the pump timing is out or something. Bought a bluetooth code reader but couldn't get it to connect. Tried to take off the intake manifold too and clean it but there's one little pig of a bolt behind the EGR pipe, it would need to be removed to get at that bolt. Got the rest out handy enough.vDon't think I could be bothered decatting it.

Ah well, only a short term yolk anyway, still gets me from A to B, just a shame it's so slow as it's pretty good around corners.

That all sounds about right :). Mine doesn't accelerate up hills at all.
    It's a CD20T fly by wire, wasn't sure if it's underpowered for some reason or just naturally slow. Feels like the CAT is blocked or the pump timing is out or something. Bought a bluetooth code reader but couldn't get it to connect. Tried to take off the intake manifold too and clean it but there's one little pig of a bolt behind the EGR pipe, it would need to be removed to get at that bolt. Got the rest out handy enough.vDon't think I could be bothered decatting it.

Ah well, only a short term yolk anyway, still gets me from A to B, just a shame it's so slow as it's pretty good around corners.

They're slow alright. They just keep on going and going and going though :)

Yours is a face lift isn't it? The SRI seats are excellent too, very comfortable on long drives.

• Advertisement

They're slow alright. They just keep on going and going and going though :)

Yours is a face lift isn't it? The SRI seats are excellent too, very comfortable on long drives.

It's a facelift model ye. I prefer the old square front end though. Don't think they made them in an estate though. Would love to be able to drive a nice quick petrol car like a levin or that but I need an estate really. I've a dog and do alot hauling surfing, scuba diving and windsurfing stuff around the country so all that extra space is handy. The bit of comfort is nice too.

11v7e4k.jpg

Yours is actually clean looking. Mine is fooking rotten. I do prefer the look of the pre-faclift too.

Yours is actually clean looking. Mine is fooking rotten. I do prefer the look of the pre-faclift too.

Ye it's not too bad for it's age. I want to get a machine polisher at some stage as there a nice selection of different minor and major blemishes and scratches in the paint. Would like to learn the skills to fix them for future cars.

Ye it's not too bad for it's age. I want to get a machine polisher at some stage as there a nice selection of different minor and major blemishes and scratches in the paint. Would like to learn the skills to fix them for future cars.

What part of the country are you in? I might be persuaded to lend you my DA polisher if you're not too far!

What part of the country are you in? I might be persuaded to lend you my DA polisher if you're not too far!

Cheers for the offer, I'm in meath at the moment but moving to cork for another year of college in a few days! Plan to do it over the christmas break. Might drop you a PM if I don't get one by then.

What's up with the RCZ?

Sat nav screen needs to be replaced and both wing mirrors need to be replaced due to water ingress. The wing mirror thing is a common problem, water gets in and fecks up the electrics, but the sat nav screen needs to be shipped in from abroad and it isn't expected to arrive until Thursday unfortunately. They only ordered it yesterday too, and not Saturday like they had said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

a couple of decent shots for once.
    mcar02.jpg
    mcar01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Sat nav screen needs to be replaced and both wing mirrors need to be replaced due to water ingress. The wing mirror thing is a common problem, water gets in and fecks up the electrics, but the sat nav screen needs to be shipped in from abroad and it isn't expected to arrive until Thursday unfortunately. They only ordered it yesterday too, and not Saturday like they had said.

Probably parts depot closed for the weekend. Surprised they're keeping it in for minor bits, hope you checked the mileage beforehand.

You're doing well on the courtesy car mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

a couple of decent shots for once.

That's a nice car. Did you import it yourself?
    And was it lowered when you got it or did you do it?

Probably parts depot closed for the weekend. Surprised they're keeping it in for minor bits, hope you checked the mileage beforehand.

You're doing well on the courtesy car mind.

I didn't mind that it was only ordered Monday, they have been super helpful in giving me a car to get me by for the time and they had no qualms about giving me something bigger than the 208 either. I travel a bit for work so its easiest for me to leave the car with them and collect it when I'm back home rather than going in and out all the time.

• Advertisement

That's a nice car. Did you import it yourself?
    And was it lowered when you got it or did you do it?

I imported it myself, It was on lowering springs with stock shocks, I find the ride is more comfortable than Coilovers, the ride height is not too low and I can drive over speed bumps no problem, I would say the guy in Japan knew what he was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I imported it myself, It was on lowering springs with stock shocks, I find the ride is more comfortable than Coilovers, the ride height is not too low and I can drive over speed bumps no problem, I would say the guy in Japan knew what he was doing.

I'd say the opposite Chris, coilovers are much better. Height and dampening adjustability mean you can have it just so.

YbFocus wrote: »
    I'd say the opposite Chris, coilovers are much better. Height and dampening adjustability mean you can have it just so.

Yes but they also cost a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Yes but they also cost a fortune.

A proper at costs about 4 times the price of Ok springs, you don't have to split the shocks to put them in which saves hassle, new bump stops etc.
    And you can have it as low or high as you wish when you want :)
    Worth it i think :)

I actually just looked back through your post history to see what the car looked like when you got it.
    It looked good with just the front bumper but once the sideskirts went on it deffo needed the back bumper. I can't believe you painted them all yourself. How did they turn out? They look very well in the pics.

Maybe its just the coilovers I have experienced but they have all been harsh even on the highest dampener setting, KTS and apexi anyway.

I actually just looked back through your post history to see what the car looked like when you got it.
    It looked good with just the front bumper but once the sideskirts went on it deffo needed the back bumper. I can't believe you painted them all yourself. How did they turn out? They look very well in the pics.

The front bumper was the hardest with all its curves, lots of sanding needed to get it to match the rest of the car, the skirts where easy enough, roof spoiler was least important so didnt spend too much time sanding so its rougher than the rest and the rear I am going to resand to get a smooth finish but for the present its shiny like the rest of the car just a little rougher to the touch. I will be at Cherrywood Cars and Coffee this Sunday if you are around.

Maybe its just the coilovers I have experienced but they have all been harsh even on the highest dampener setting, KTS and apexi anyway.

Are they the same springs that were in it when I drove it?

If so the ride is amazingly comfortable. I would't change them for anything.

The front bumper was the hardest with all its curves, lots of sanding needed to get it to match the rest of the car, the skirts where easy enough, roof spoiler was least important so didnt spend too much time sanding so its rougher than the rest and the rear I am going to resand to get a smooth finish but for the present its shiny like the rest of the car just a little rougher to the touch. I will be at Cherrywood Cars and Coffee this Sunday if you are around.

I won't be around as I live in Mayo.
    Wish I was I wouldn't mind checking it out.
    What's your insurance like on that. Big enough engine and high tax as well.

• Advertisement

A proper at costs about 4 times the price of Ok springs, you don't have to split the shocks to put them in which saves hassle, new bump stops etc.
    And you can have it as low or high as you wish when you want :)
    Worth it i think :)

My brother paid around €800 for coilovers for his BMW 540.
    Madness I tell you. He says they make a massive difference to the ride comfort compared to springs which were in his previous car.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement