Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I won't be around as I live in Mayo.
    Wish I was I wouldn't mind checking it out.
    What's your insurance like on that. Big enough engine and high tax as well.

Insurance is handy if you are 25 to 35 as they were not very common last year when I insured it and so had not been crashed too often.I paid around €530 I think. A load came in this year so things maybe different come October.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

With my RCZs' release date being pushed back another week I managed to get myself something a little bit nicer from Peugeot. Granted its not as nicely spec'ed as the 208, its a lot nicer on motorways and its got cruise control. 2.0 HDI manual with about 140 BHP I think. Its pretty good actually. I choose it over a 2008.

Jesus that 508 (I assume it's a 508?) looks shocking, whats the interior like? Glad to hear you're getting an RCZ!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My brother paid around €800 for coilovers for his BMW 540.
    Madness I tell you. He says they make a massive difference to the ride comfort compared to springs which were in his previous car.

That's cheap for proper coils too!

I'd totally go coil over strut on a chaser, if any car is worth it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Coils for mine cost 1200+ :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Jesus that 508 (I assume it's a 508?) looks shocking, whats the interior like? Glad to hear you're getting an RCZ!

The alloys are far too small I think, but I'm a fan of the styling in general. They look fantastic in GT specification. The interior is okay, nothing special, but it is just a rep mobile if anything, so I wasn't expecting much. Nice place to be on motorways nevertheless.

10665920_786551244720435_3846649894100133665_n.jpg?oh=aa21142963d2f56535e6fe0a8c5d581b&oe=546ADB69
    1451345_786551268053766_5926012559759192658_n.jpg?oh=b1264bd588093840de5c83187d97988e&oe=547ED1C3&__gda__=1417584130_6e929dbed1dd82a519bb25e7719adf16

Loving every minute of the RCZ! (even if I haven't yet had it for two weeks yet...) It really does turn a lot of heads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭DMW22

Picked this up today. I've always wanted a gti and after a few years on the road I finally got a decent insurance quote so took advantage of it :)

95b1ebe1-6e7f-4f8b-bc2e-9bd6c446a369_zpse660dd53.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

DMW22 wrote: »
    Picked this up today. I've always wanted a gti and after a few years on the road I finally got a decent insurance quote so took advantage of it :)

Regarding the insurance quote - Good for you DMW22, Good for you*

*Said like below lady

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Speeders!!! They invented insurance!!! (and penalty points)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Why not get a MkVI? Can't have been that much more expensive?

Looks great though. That colour really suits it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

YbFocus wrote: »
    I'd say the opposite Chris, coilovers are much better. Height and dampening adjustability mean you can have it just so.

Depends on the car, mine for example, the recommended route is don't lower it, koni sports on the front and standard on the rear, with the rear polybushed. Lowering it destroys the comfort of it apparently.

At the same time, the consensus for the 156 was fsd and eibach prokit, around 800 for the lot. Only thing is konis were designed for standard springs and as a result the ride was too harsh. Given the choice between coilovers (zeatek z9s :D) or uprated shocks and lowering springs I'd be going coilover route as the price, although in 4 figures for coilovers, is only 2 or 300 more than the lesser product. Coilovers look expensive compared to standard, but compared to upgraded shock and spring they're not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Picked this up last Sunday. It drove from Co.Armagh to Kilkenny Nd then to Nenagh all in one day. I didn't get much time to appreciate it before locking it away. Fingers crossed I'll get an hour or so around it next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Why not get a MkVI? Can't have been that much more expensive?

Looks great though. That colour really suits it.

Its a 09 so im guessing its the TSI engine which is the same as the MKVI which would of cost a lot more for much the same car really. Big jump in price from 09 MKV to 10 MKVI and there isn't a lot of MKVI GTI's around compared to MKV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Picked this up last Sunday. It drove from Co.Armagh to Kilkenny Nd then to Nenagh all in one day. I didn't get much time to appreciate it before locking it away. Fingers crossed I'll get an hour or so around it next Saturday.

Saw you driving down the M1 and followed you for a bit admiring the car. You looked pretty pleased in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭sblythe

Trying out a new look. Lost the roof rack and a considerable amount of suspension height. Found the wheels in my garage from ages ago, haha. Will be going about fitting bike carbs this weekend. BRAAAAAP. :pac:
    14953269957_42d7eec98f_b.jpg

-

Saw you in the BX in Kilkenny ba_barabus. If you ever happen to be in Howth my mate should have a few old BX parts lying around my garage that you're welcome to. He had a tzd that was written off last year.

sblythe wrote: »
    Saw you in the BX in Kilkenny ba_barabus. If you ever happen to be in Howth my mate should have a few old BX parts lying around my garage that you're welcome to. He had a tzd that was written off last year.
    I actually live in Dublin and I'd be highly interested in the parts.

I'll PM you.

Zcott wrote: »
    Saw you driving down the M1 and followed you for a bit admiring the car. You looked pretty pleased in it!

That was the previous owner. He drove it down from Newry for me to collect it in Kilkenny. Fairly sound lad in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Myself and my brothers toys

10405443_10154550328195176_4783922652120996356_n.jpg?oh=38da08d2c73fd4f90bd8022674f44808&oe=54795611

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Final pics of the focus. Pretty happy with where it's at now, but there's always subtle changes to be made in the future.

2rxk5ci.jpg

19pi4n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

It needs the splitter replaced on the front bumper!

It needs the splitter replaced on the front bumper!

To the mesh one is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

To the mesh one is it?

You are missing a big piece from the bottom of the front bumper - the "splitter". Likely to have been caught/pulled off on a low kerb!
    The bumper and front end looks odd without it.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    You are missing a big piece from the bottom of the front bumper - the "splitter". Likely to have been caught/pulled off on a low kerb!

Cheers, didn't even notice it gone, hence the ignorance! Must look into it. Might change the lower grille as well though.

I've a feeling that the bumper was changed at some stage, maybe that's where it got mislaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I always like the cupra splitter. It would look great fitted, but they can be pricey.

Splitter.jpg

The fog's look great Noccy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Hal1 wrote: »
    I always like the cupra splitter. It would look great fitted, but they can be pricey.

Splitter.jpg

They can be got for about forty notes from Seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

JoeA3 wrote: »

A lot of Focuses (Focii?) look like that at the front; the front bumber is really high on them and they look like they are missing a splitter.

djimi wrote: »
    A lot of Focuses (Focii?) look like that at the front; the front bumber is really high on them and they look like they are missing a splitter.

Because they are. The splitter makes the bumper the same level as the sills, or close enough to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Because they are. The splitter makes the bumper the same level as the sills, or close enough to.

Are the splitters prone to falling off or something? A lot of them look like this; I had assumed that it was something to do with the spec?

djimi wrote: »
    Are the splitters prone to falling off or something? A lot of them look like this; I had assumed that it was something to do with the spec?

People hitting kerbs with them, they are fitted to them all. You see the same on a lot of Golfs/Boras of that era too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Hal1 wrote: »
    A splitter on top of a splitter :p the op will need to fit the original ford splitter first before fitting the cupra splitter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement