Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

t1fdUu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

****ing ninja edited that and all :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Was it a 3dr red 306 by any chance?

Red 5 door ph1 on white D-Turbo rims, lowered 2 nicks and letterbox exhaust.... Unless there's a 3 door as you mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Thats what its called?

Every second work experience student we get here has that cut. :pac:

Yep, often accompanied by a "skinfade".
    Some more useless information for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

dgt wrote: »
    Red 5 door ph1 on white D-Turbo rims, lowered 2 nicks and letterbox exhaust.... Unless there's a 3 door as you mentioned?
    My bad it was a 5 dr.

It now lives in Nenagh. I was looking at it on Saturday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

ba_barabus wrote: »
    My bad it was a 5 dr.

It now lives in Nenagh. I was looking at it on Saturday evening.

NI plates? (I think it was UK reg though, think it was P reg'd)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

dgt wrote: »
    NI plates? (I think it was UK reg though, think it was P reg'd)

No this one was on Irish plates. It was so distinctive I thought there'd only be one. I'll see if I can get more intel at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Glanza looks great in black.

Seriously fast fecking cars. I was a passenger in one, I needed new pants after getting out :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

@ toyotafanboi. Is the bonnet open on the car under the cover? Guessing it's a Starlet but could be a Corolla.

And what's that in front of the passenger headlamp on the bumper?

Very clean looking Glanza. Tried to foolishly keep one of these at bay a long time ago on the Kilkenny clonmel road. He was definitely doing 90+ and just disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Been meaning to say this to you for a while but didn't! You were driving behind me there the other day. I was in a red 92 starlet. You might have noticed it :) This was coming out of wicklow heading towards Rathnew/Ashford. You turned up at the AppleGreen in Rathnew :D

Ah just seen this now, the red starlet... how could I forget it :D ! Is it yours? Great little cars, my nephew just got one. There so simple and solid, nippy and great gear box.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »

Seriously fast fecking cars. I was a passenger in one, I needed new pants after getting out :pac:

Ah to be 19 again. Test drove one from a small dealership just outside Limerick city about 6 years ago with the intention of buying. The dealer was an aul fella who didn't really know what it was. He referred to it as a fast starlet :pac: Ripped it a few miles out the road and back again with him in the passenger seat. I absolutely loved it. This was on a Saturday morning. Back to work the following Monday as you do and was told I was relocating to the UK the following week for a few months so that was the end of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Moneymaker wrote: »

thanks :) they are great fun to drive all right, it's not so much the power, but the lack of weight imo... makes it much more scary :pac:
    @ toyotafanboi. Is the bonnet open on the car under the cover? Guessing it's a Starlet but could be a Corolla.

And what's that in front of the passenger headlamp on the bumper?

Very clean looking Glanza. Tried to foolishly keep one of these at bay a long time ago on the Kilkenny clonmel road. He was definitely doing 90+ and just disappeared.

unfortunately it's neither, it was a mk1 corsa... i sold it to a boardsie :) it's a parking pole on the bumper, you flick a little button on the dash and it powers up out of the bumper with a green light in it to help you to find the far corner of the car when parking (if you struggle to park your starlet :P).

if you're a mad bastard with a few pound you could have a starlet that could take most cars on the road imo. i've shocked some people in my own (stock 130bhp), mainly ass hats on motorways trying to bully you out of their way, put the glanza in 4rd and i am gone :D

i have a cool photo of it with all the boost lights on and the speedo off the clock from an event one time. i wouldn't ever treat the car like that on a daily basis but you can't own it and not test it out just once :p

getting all misty eyed here now :o feel so bad for the poor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    Ah just seen this now, the red starlet... how could I forget it :D ! Is it yours? Great little cars, my nephew just got one. There so simple and solid, nippy and great gear box.

No I'm borrowing it from a friend for a while. Great engine, great gearbox but I think starlet is Japanese for "body roll":p:pac:

I was nearly going to follow you but though that would be weird, even for me :P You should come to a meet sometime though, I would love to get a proper look at it :) and to hear one of those 20v engines screaming again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Might change the title to "Don't post a pic and a get a 24hr ban".....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Only temporary for a couple of days but as courtesy cars go it's nicer than the norm anyway. Was half expecting an Ibiza or Fabia.

IMG_20141126_101928_zpsn861v1h1.jpg

And yeah, that's my parking job:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Is there any differences, bar the obvious colour and doors to your own? Is your's an fr?

Yeah, mines a 184 and that's a 150. Misses a bit if the kick alright when overtaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah, mines a 184 and that's a 150. Misses a bit if the kick alright when overtaking.

Why is your own car off the road?

bazz26 wrote: »
    Why is your own car off the road?

Got a bit of a noise at speed, sounds like a bearing or something. Thought it was the tyres originally but new tyres didn't cure it. Hopefully it's just something minor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Those Leons look so nice, one of VAGs nicest cars at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Few weeks ago there was a Classy Wedding at the Hotel I work and carpark was filled with American Muscle cars!!! Thats what was parked next to me! :P

DSC_0101_zps8syoqcyw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Thar was a buddy of mine getting married. Middle of October, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Only temporary for a couple of days but as courtesy cars go it's nicer than the norm anyway. Was half expecting an Ibiza or Fabia.

No quoting pics! mod

And yeah, that's my parking job:D

Fairly ignorant parking in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

corglass wrote: »

Says the guy who didn't follow the one rule of this thread. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

It's a car he has on loan. Very sensible parking IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Thar was a buddy of mine getting married. Middle of October, yeah?

Aye. I was walking around carpark taking pictures lol. Fair play, I like his taste in weddings! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

YbFocus wrote: »
    My pet hates are...

150px-Wakaba_mark.svg.png

This is the Japanese symbol for a learner driver. Looks nicer than an L-plate at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Brian wrote: »
    This is the Japanese symbol for a learner driver. Looks nicer than an L-plate at least.

It sure is nicer and I knew what it was, but it means nothing in Ireland and can't be used as a substitute.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Aye. I was walking around carpark taking pictures lol. Fair play, I like his taste in weddings! :D

The yellow 'Cuda is sweet.

• Advertisement

In an empty car park who does it hurt? I've had to repair enough damage done to my car by fcuktards that I couldn't give a toss tbh. And I especially don't want to foot the bill to put someone else's car right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement