Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

OSI wrote: »
    If I drove anything exotic, I'd gladly be one of those people that takes up 2 parking spaces.

Even in a banger I'd still do it:D But I'd rather spend ten minutes finding parallel parking...drives any passengers nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Even in a banger I'd still do it:D But I'd rather spend ten minutes finding parallel parking...drives any passengers nuts.

Mine too, especially in shopping center car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

And your car will be hit by a trolley anyway! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    No I'm borrowing it from a friend for a while. Great engine, great gearbox but I think starlet is Japanese for "body roll":p:pac:

I was nearly going to follow you but though that would be weird, even for me :P You should come to a meet sometime though, I would love to get a proper look at it :) and to hear one of those 20v engines screaming again :D

Im sure they are 16v? wouldn't fancy doing mad speed on a glanza myself, i would imagine if you crashed it you would be dead before you know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

11b_zps0d7ac77b.jpg~original

22b_zps4f4a16b4.jpg~original

333b_zps1c3045cc.jpg~original

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Bro, you should totally get bags for that, some camber arms and an aggressive front lip. :pac:

That car looks so classy.
    And all though I was taking the piss initially, I probably would and all. :o

I do want to make it sportier; a hair lower all round and high gloss shadowline instead of chrome. All in good time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Hachiko wrote: »
    Im sure they are 16v? wouldn't fancy doing mad speed on a glanza myself, i would imagine if you crashed it you would be dead before you know it.

It's a 12v 1.3 in the Starlet, It's not a glanza. The 20v is in his Levin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭sblythe

1625526_549801788486904_2616634010381528523_n.jpg?oh=5e2033808b2fa9ad5f7c9df56c7ce14a&oe=54DC96FB&__gda__=1423309766_e6086db6795a9c6fc8c16a969c48d6cd
    My wheels...98 1.9 diesel, its not very pretty, or quick, and in fact the only redeeming feature is the economy. I've sold up everything I own; Polo, Beta, Allegro. Just have this at the moment. Hoping to get my Dad's 5 series on the road in the coming months once I can afford to recommission it. Let it live on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

She looks very clean, sblythe!

@VoodooMelon: My love for the E66 grows each day...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

I really like the look of that sblythe.

Colour suits it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

How's it going everyone long time no post! :D still have the xsara, it's a grand run about til after Christmas.

Until then here's some interior snaps gave it a quick hoover there:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Uuuu ladida with your aircon :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

bear1 wrote: »
    Uuuu ladida with your aircon :p

Huge spec!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

rizzee wrote: »
    Huge spec!! :D

The sad thing is that for many sellers out there think having AC means it has a huge spec :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

And yet again rizzee has got a car I have had.

My Xsara didn't have air con though. :(

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I think the E65 was the best of the Bangle era cars, I'd love one but the thought of all that electronics scares me :pac:

Scared me too, but I've realised a lot of talk about these cars is just that. I had to sort parking sensors and a new key when I got it, no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

sblythe wrote: »
    My wheels...98 1.9 diesel, its not very pretty, or quick, and in fact the only redeeming feature is the economy.

I love 406s. Aged really well and so comfortable. A 406 coupe is on my list of cars to own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I love 406s. Aged really well and so comfortable. A 406 coupe is on my list of cars to own.

Isn't sblythe's car a 306 saloon?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

high horse wrote: »
    Isn't sblythe's car a 306 saloon?

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,916 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

A bit of duct tape too! ;)

Duck tape is actually correct

http://mentalfloss.com/article/52151/it-duck-tape-or-duct-tape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭sblythe

10407426_331812927003764_7362675744177588653_n.jpg?oh=8b2a293772bd812225042837fccbc390&oe=54D637B2
    Just set me back 100 quid. Its got a filthy v6 too. Back in action baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Detaillers might want to look away now :pac:

30cyde0.jpg

1115zjp.jpg

fx6mnn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

I don't often say this about estate cars - but that looks really good for some reason. Great choice of alloys.

I don't often say this about estate cars - but that looks really good for some reason. Great choice of alloys.

Why thank you :) They're original saab alloys too, got the set for 35 pounds from a crowd in england :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Detaillers might want to look away now :pac:

Nearly time for the christmas wash!

Interslice wrote: »
    Nearly time for the christmas wash!

Sure theres no point in washing it, it'l just get dirty in one trip :pac: I might run a hose over it but im not going to the trouble of properly cleaning it, not at this time of year anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Sure theres no point in washing it, it'l just get dirty in one trip :pac: I might run a hose over it but im not going to the trouble of properly cleaning it, not at this time of year anyways

The roads around here have got awful bad the last week or two. I think it's mostly the leaves starting to rot. Big plans to give it a quick mid winter blast of the power hose and a scrub with turtle wax shampoo stuff...

Interslice wrote: »
    The roads around here have got awful bad the last week or two. I think it's mostly the leaves starting to rot. Big plans to give it a quick mid winter blast of the power hose and a scrub with turtle wax shampoo stuff...

I might do the same actually, 10 minute kinda job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Coat the car in wax or a sealant and it will be much easier to keep clean even when its filthy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement