Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Did ye respray it, it was blue when I had it!

No we washed it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

No we washed it

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It used to be this colour

0BTIHZ.jpg
    l5MFQD.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I can't say thanks enough, I still am speechless, without a doubt the biggeat surprise I've ever got in my life! :)

Big thanks to QV, 166man and Colm for a seriously big surprise! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Love that car dgt.
    wow savage nice of the lads for getting you something like that.

• Advertisement

My birthday is next month...........

Just to let ye know :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hmmm, I was only looking at a sliver S type on the way home. I was thinking I wonder how much comfier it is in there. Do tell us, and well wear :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

10846489_337848419733548_6653502435671372005_n.jpg?oh=772989b4441530cdaafc9c2a2e98ed99&oe=553E4930

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Throwback whatever day it is - taken during the summer when it was clean last :pac:

10865987_830599966983732_8251041790665102791_o.jpg

Enniskillen 2008 (silver one)

EUgSmF.jpg

• Advertisement

2007 I'd say
    7MQbym.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Lads, I'll take a Merc C124. Birthday is in March, ta! :pac: :D

Happy Birthday dgt! Can't really imagine you driving a Jag though. Maybe it needs more muck on the outside. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

slamed jag...... Oh god!!!!!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Dord wrote: »
    Lads, I'll take a Merc C124. Birthday is in March, ta! :pac: :D

Happy Birthday dgt! Can't really imagine you driving a Jag though. Maybe it needs more muck on the outside. :P

It's being kept spotless....
    slamed jag...... Oh god!!!!!!! :pac:

....and at a useable height compared to my usual antics! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

Just for colm mcm

Heatwave09_02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Nice bumpers! ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

Flies by!
    A 2002 996 C2. Love it, and havent regretted it so far.
    Practical sports car, baby seat and booster on board, 21 MPG :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Typical Irish question "Jays what's de road tax on dat?!"

bear1 wrote: »
    Typical Irish question "Jays what's de road tax on dat?!"

Its 3.6 and pre-2008 so its the top bracket of the rip off that is motor tax, its 1809 ifirc.. Its a killer, but man maths and the sound of the exhaust through the port tunnel helps me get past that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

looks fantastic for a 2002 in all fairness.

giving the 2 fingers to the cheap tax brigade and buying a porsche. jobs a good 'un

• Advertisement

Hachiko wrote: »

giving the 2 fingers to the cheap tax brigade and buying a porsche. jobs a good 'un

Cheers Hachiko, she is pampered in fairness. Immaculate for the age with around 63k miles. Lots of years left in her. Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

The guy driving out the door on 1 Jan in a new 151 "cheap tax" 1.6 diesel will lose more then the price of the Porsches tax on depreciation before hes even driven out the showroom*

*Simply because theres a plate on the car and its got 1 registered owner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

@ georgefalls

(I'll even take a ban if it's a quote!)

image_zpsenfrlo3m.jpeg

Old diesel wrote: »
    The guy driving out the door on 1 Jan in a new 151 "cheap tax" 1.6 diesel will lose more then the price of the Porsches tax on depreciation before hes even driven out the showroom*

*Simply because theres a plate on the car and its got 1 registered owner

True.
    I guess it boils down to personal preferences and how people want to spend their money, and what they "value" in a car.
    For some people it's the reg plate, I once knew a girl who traded a golf in with cash for a punto because it was two years newer!!
    For others its a badge thing/brand loyalty.

I like a car that feels a little bit special or unique. I've had a couple of S2000s too, same kind of thing to me. So for me value is a car I like owning, enjoy driving and that I don't see tons of. I've owned mine four years and never felt bored or like I needed a change (yet:)

I work with a guy who bought a 141 A6 s-line diesel, brand new. Stunning car, but he was asking me how I can own and run a 911 or justify the tax. And to your point I pointed out that if he kept his car three years, as he does he will lose far more in depreciation than I'll pay in tax, far far more!
    And I thought while his car is lovely there's another two very similar in the car park. But It makes him happy and he can afford it, I couldn't!

A bit of man maths now, but the value of my car isn't wildly different form what I paid for it four years ago, give or take a couple of grand. I bought well and there are less around now, so luck too. But if you factor in depreciation to the cost of car ownership, and do a true total cost of ownership comparison owning a 911 isn't really all that more expensive than many other cars you see. Well a 996 anyway!!

At least on my spreadsheet : )

I tend to avoid main stream cars you meet at every other traffic light too.

I tend to avoid main stream cars you meet at every other traffic light too.

I've searched and no luck..😄
    I'm sure you have posted but I'm curious now.. What's are your wheels of choice ?

I got a is250 now, really comfortable and refined, was slightly concerned at running costs but its fine with me. Not many of these around even in England.

I got a is250 now, really comfortable and refined, was slightly concerned at running costs but its fine with me. Not many of these around even in England.

Lovely car. Like you say not to many around either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭sblythe

10429464_339339069584483_5394927715738113155_n.jpg?oh=a0bac4243b90835f00081be49cd18b5d&oe=554679D2
    My own little slice of luxury. Its one of many cars this year but its something that I will hold onto for a long time. A big, big step up from my 306 1.9d. Before my Dad died he said I was going to own a "proper" car at some stage in my life, and I guess this is it. Its 2001, the youngest car I have ever owned. I still have my Dad's 5 series which I will recommission and put on the road, but for now I will enjoy my V8 and these petrol prices :D

• Advertisement

someone at work got a C63 AMG, 'only' a 6.3 litre, had to do a double take when i saw it. Never got a pic though.

c63-amg-mt-00-1-von-1-3894047807043862435.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement