Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No wireless but I have Ethernet

Options
  • 12-04-2014 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

I have just moved house. I brought my own Eircom modem which was working fine today in my old house.

In the new house I can only get Ethernet and mot wireless??

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

I have just moved house. I brought my own Eircom modem which was working fine today in my old house.

In the new house I can only get Ethernet and mot wireless??

Any ideas?

Thanks

Had you previously changed the password? Could it have reset to default. When connected by Ethernet you can login and check on 192.168.1.254

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Had you previously changed the password? Could it have reset to default. When connected by Ethernet you can login and check on 192.168.1.254

No...I tried the modem in thge main socket and it works fine. If i try the modem in the second socket I get nothing but I can get connection on my PC via Ethernet on the second socket :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Where is the second socket in relation to the first? Is there a range issue here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

dub45 wrote: »
    Where is the second socket in relation to the first? Is there a range issue here?

Directly above, Main modem is upstairs and second socket is directly below.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

try a different modem and do a process of elimination

• Advertisement
Advertisement