Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

install battlefield4 issue

Options
  • 13-04-2014 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

I Installed Battlefield4, I followed the redeem / create a/c / download / install for BF4 and seem to have x86 ver. see attch.
    My OS W7 pro, 64 bit. 8 Gb ram. I have 2 icons on my desktop for BF4, one labled as BF4(64bit) though path is c/program files (x86) Origin Games\Battlefield4. I never had an option to choose 32 or 64 and want the 64bit install. What did I do wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

That's the 64bit version. have a look in the folder, there's a separate exe for x86 (32bit). Just because it's in "program files(x86)" doesnt mean it has to be 32bit

If you want to be really sure then right-click on the game in the origin launcher, select properties and select the option for x64. Then launch the game through origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭mrtom

To give you an accurate idea of my set up, the attch show the Origin file in x86 & Revo Uninstaller, the free ver that only detects x86. This is why I suspected I was in the 32 bit enviornment. I dont see any reference to 64bit in the Origin properties tab. I appreciate your time / input.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There is a Battlefield forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=323

Secondly, right click the BF4 entry in Origin and choose game proeprties. You can see there if it's set to use the default 64bit version or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭mrtom

Spear wrote: »
    There is a Battlefield forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=323

Secondly, right click the BF4 entry in Origin and choose game proeprties. You can see there if it's set to use the default 64bit version or not.

thanks

Advertisement