Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

landrover vintage tax, test and book

Options
  • 13-04-2014 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi. Been trying to find out recently what is the story on vintage jeeps needing test.

This is what I believe at the min
    Over 30 years you qualify for vintage tax?

Your vechicle has to be pre 1980 to qualify for test exemption?

If some one could give me a link to clarify the above.

Plus looking for a book and chassis plates for a test exempt landrover series 3. May consider whole vechicle if cheep enough. Pm me with what u got.
    Cheers in advance

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

You don't need a link, you're correct.
    Hi. Been trying to find out recently what is the story on vintage jeeps needing test.

This is what I believe at the min
    Over 30 years you qualify for vintage tax?

Your vechicle has to be pre 1980 to qualify for test exemption?

If some one could give me a link to clarify the above.

Plus looking for a book and chassis plates for a test exempt landrover series 3. May consider whole vechicle if cheep enough. Pm me with what u got.
    Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Cheers in advance

This is illegal but unfortunately is widespread these days in the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

In some countries you get jailed for tax evasion, but here in Ireland you can come on the internet and tell the whole world about it.
    The concessions in Ireland are fairly good for vintage enthusiasts, this kind of **** will ruin it for everyone.
    If you buy an old scrapper of a land rover, then why don't you restore it and contribute to the scene in a positive way?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What they said. Don't post here looking for a logbook / chassis plates again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement