Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sequence of events - Kurt Cobain's death/Irish concert 8 April 1994

Options
  • 13-04-2014 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

This might be a stupid question and there are entirely logical explanations.

First question:
    Was the Irish 8 April 1994 concert still scheduled to proceed at the beginning of April?
    Or had it been already cancelled prior to Cobain's death???

Reason I am asking is:
    Kurt Cobain found dead on 8 April 1994?
    Apparently had killed himself a few days previously??

I am just wondering why it took until 8 April to find him...particularly if he was supposed to be in Ireland that day...surely there had been flights to catch/a schedule to follow....did no-one look for him prior to this date?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I had a ticket for that show (still have it). It was actually cancelled / to be rescheduled after his overdose the month before, in Rome.

It never got rescheduled. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I'm not a huge fan or anything, it's just that I'm old enough to remember that the concert had been rescheduled by the time of Cobain's death.
    Others will be able to provide you with more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I had a ticket for that show (still have it). It was actually cancelled / to be rescheduled after his overdose the month before, in Rome.

It never got rescheduled. :(
    I'm not a huge fan or anything, it's just that I'm old enough to remember that the concert had been rescheduled by the time of Cobain's death.
    Others will be able to provide you with more details.

Ah yes. Makes complete sense. I thought it was something like this alright.

I saw a ticket for the Irish concert go for about $450 online (Julien auctions).

Thanks for that guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The European tour for In Utero was a disaster, Cobain made a a suicide attempt in Rome in early March 94, they played one more gig in Germany before calling the whole thing off. The band flew back to the States and Cobain was supposed take up treatment.

The 8th of April gig in Dublin was cancelled about a month out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

The European tour for In Utero was a disaster, Cobain made a a suicide attempt in Rome in early March 94, they played one more gig in Germany before calling the whole thing off. The band flew back to the States and Cobain was supposed take up treatment.

The 8th of April gig in Dublin was cancelled about a month out.

Apparently the shows the played were good though. And if you look up that German TV show they did when they all worse suits, they were very tight.

$450?! I've considered selling mine over the year and had it on ebay once but didn't sell it. Very tempting to put it up for sale again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Apparently the shows the played were good though. And if you look up that German TV show they did when they all worse suits, they were very tight.
    !

Some of the In Utero gigs rank among their finest. Well worth taking the time to dig into them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

$450?! I've considered selling mine over the year and had it on ebay once but didn't sell it. Very tempting to put it up for sale again!

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/72/lot/28592/

Good luck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Its to my eternal regret that I never went to see them supporting Sonic Youth in Cork in 1991.It was just a few weeks before Nevermind was released and they became huge.I saw it advertised and was considering going.I was vaguely aware of Nirvana prior to that having read something about them in the music mags but my main interest would have been seeing Sonic Youth.I was 17 and still living at home in West Cork and diden't drive so I decided it was too much hassle getting there and back.

Advertisement