Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Loan in a cheque?

Options
  • 13-04-2014 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I got a small loan made payable to a company in the form of a cheque from my credit union on Friday.

The amount I needed was a fee as part of an application that needs to be in by 5pm tomorrow (Monday) but my CU doesn't open on Mondays so I got the cheque on Friday even though I hadn't made up my mind as to whether I was going to send in the application at all.

Now, I have more or less decided to not send in the application after all.

Can I go back with the cheque to the credit union and say I don't need it or somehow change it into cash?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Yes you will be able to go back to the credit union with the draft and re-credit it to your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

aw wrote: »
    Yes you will be able to go back to the credit union with the draft and re-credit it to your account.

Thanks that's all I needed to know.

Advertisement