Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long am i going to wait for a parcel from uk to ireland

Options
  • 13-04-2014 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

hi i'm hoping someone might be able to help as im starting to get a bit miffed off

I bought a car item off a seller on a uk car forum a pair of rear light to be exact now I paid on the 30 March 2014 he told me they would be on there way tomorrow. I asked him the next day if he had sent them he told me he was called away from work so they never got sent I asked had they been tracked he said no as it would cost a small fortune. And that they were on there way this was on the 03 april 2014.

I texted him again on the 9th of april 2014 to tell him I still hadn't received the lights he told me "they should be with you by now"

he texted me again on the 11th of april any sign of them yet and still no sign of the lights

now its the 13th of april still no sign of the lights and im getting quite miffed off that's 12 days waiting for them to turn up from the uk am I to suspect that they are lost or what do I do.

I know they weren't tracked but does anyone know when these might turn up, iv'e after finding a set of lights closer to me and I don't have the cash now to go buy these

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I find packages from the UK usually take about 10 days from posting. Assuming he did actually send them on 3rd then you should get them Monday or Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

nick1984 wrote: »
    And that they were on there way this was on the 03 april 2014.

I texted him again on the 9th of april 2014 to tell him I still hadn't received the lights he told me "they should be with you by now"

he texted me again on the 11th of april any sign of them yet and still no sign of the lights

now its the 13th of april still no sign of the lights and im getting quite miffed off that's 12 days waiting for them to turn up from the uk am I to suspect that they are lost or what do I do.

Postal systems don't operate at weekends so there will be zero deifference between 11th and 13th. In reality, it probably started through the system last Monday. The seller also probably sent them international economy, which is a UK 10-12 day service because they are the last lot of items to be sorted after all priority and first class items.

In normal circumstances, you should expect the item on Tuesday or Wednesday next.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭nick1984

thanks guys for your answers hopefully they turn up Tuesday or Wednesday this week coming

Advertisement