Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Northern Ireland - Rant

Options
  • 13-04-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I am in the process of trying to lodge money from my BOI maestro card to my Boylesports account. (wanted to back liverpool to win and chelsea at -1:).

Anyway I have never had as much difficulty trying to do such a simple act. I got a transaction failed error whenever I try to deposit. I called up Boyles, and was told that the card was registered and that the problem is that the bank is declining the transaction. I called up BOI, and can honestly say I have never talked to a more hostile representative in my life. She sharply asks for my account number, and when I give it to her she states nothing is coming up, and asks where I'm pulling this number from. I look down at the sheet of paper in front of me and repeat it clearly, she still says its not coming up, as if I'm an idiot. I apologise, I must have gotten the number wrong and ask if she can get the account number from the card number. She says she can, and asks what it is. I give the first 8 digits of the card number, and she then asks for the sort code. I'm very confused and don't want to anger an already anger for absolutely no reason bear, but she clearly isin't with it, she thinks I'm giving her the account number for some reason. I then explicitedly repeat the account number, card number, and sort code. She obviously realises that she is wrong as her tone lightens considerably. She tells me there is no problem and that the problem is with the website. I thank her and ask what was the correct number of the bank account. It was the one i gave her, but apparently I told her the wrong ones initially(I didn't, shes knows it, I know it).

Back to Boylesports, they tell me the transaction is definately being declined by the bank. Called BOI again and the new representative tells me the problem is definately with the website. Shes much nicer than the first one, but still just not half as professional as I would except a representative of any organisation to be, getting defensive and hostile when I tell her that the reps from boyles told me it was definately a problem with the bank declining their transactions, which is what was coming on their screen apparently.

My gut, given past dealings with BOI in NI and the general crapness of Maestro cards is the bank are at fault. Transaction declined is from the bank side is what is coming on boyles, and I have never had problems with them before. Dealing with BOI seems to be like dealing with children - supremely defensive, as if they would cease to exist if they happened to be wrong, at least boylesports talked me through it, seemed neutral and rational.

At the moment I'm absolutely disgusted with BOI, coutinho has just scored, I won't get my chelsea bet in on time, and I have no outlet. I have never been talked to that way by any company before and will try to move from BOI as soon as possible. And in the heat of the debate I forgot to ask them where the 5£ charge on my account appeared from. Furious and dissappointed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi oneshot2shots.

Welcome to Boards.ie.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us and apologise for the recent service you encountered.

As we do not have account access here, we are unable to look in to this further for you. Please send us a PM with your name, branch and a contact number and we will be happy to have a representative investigate this and give you a call to discuss.

Thanks,
    Laura

Advertisement