Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Waterford Food Festival

Options
  • 13-04-2014 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Posted this on Waterford County Forum - thought it might be of interest to City

Visited Dungarvan today. Brilliant set up. Dozens of food stalls. Great atmosphere. Events on for past few days. Top chefs. Had some great food.
    Well done to the organisers and the Fungarvan community.

It shows up the City events in poor light. Food Festival or Harvest Festival have strong clues in the names - City need to get back to basics and try to copy how's its done from Dungarvan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Martin_D wrote: »
    Posted this on Waterford County Forum - thought it might be of interest to City

Visited Dungarvan today. Brilliant set up. Dozens of food stalls. Great atmosphere. Events on for past few days. Top chefs. Had some great food.
    Well done to the organisers and the Fungarvan community.

It shows up the City events in poor light. Food Festival or Harvest Festival have strong clues in the names - City need to get back to basics and try to copy how's its done from Dungarvan.

The cities food festival last year was such a let down. I hope those responsible are never allowed organise another festival here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

O Riain wrote: »
    The cities food festival last year was such a let down. I hope those responsible are never allowed organise another festival here again.

agreed --- need to be back to basics this year

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭LiamD1977

Waterford City Council have been running Harvest Festival for years, last year they took it on themselves to change the whole aim of the event from a festival showcasing local food into a national food festival. As everyone knows the made a mess of it, because the run it themselves it doesn't matter if it loses a couple of hundred grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I loved it, imagine this a food festival where there wasn't 99% of stall selling burgers. Incredible eh?

Very good range there, enjoyed it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Why is it called the 'West' Waterford food festival, does the food comes from the west of the country is that the reason.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Why is it called the 'West' Waterford food festival, does the food comes from the west of the country is that the reason.:confused:

it is organiser, managed and based in West Waterford and I'd say it helps to differentiate it from the City event. The "Waterford Festival of Food" to outsiders would most likely be presumed to be based in the City. Don't know this for sure but it is an accurate description.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

yeah, it was good, good mix and range of stuff, but it was too compact and very little places to actually eat your food, you couldn't move there especially if you had kids (I was only there Sunday). I think in the city we have better spaces for same stuff so hopefully they can get good range like West Waterford food festival and have it bit more spread out.

Martin_D wrote: »
    it is organiser, managed and based in West Waterford and I'd say it helps to differentiate it from the City event. The "Waterford Festival of Food" to outsiders would most likely be presumed to be based in the City. Don't know this for sure but it is an accurate description.

aw right but a bit confusing when Dungarvan is in East Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

aw right but a bit confusing when Dungarvan is in East Waterford.

East Waterford..... What are you smoking?

O Riain wrote: »
    East Waterford..... What are you smoking?

oh sh*t just checked the map there, and you know what, ye are all right:D

What happened is I'm so used to going down south via Dungarvan, that it felt I was just travelling in a straight southward direction from the city here, but see your travelling in a more east west direction.

Drinks on me:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

What happened is I'm so used to going down south via Dungarvan, that it felt I was just travelling in a straight southward direction from the city here, but see your travelling in a more east west direction.
    That's even more confusing.....:pac:
    Drinks on me:)
    Just give us the name of the pub, don't give us directions......:D

A few scoops tomorrow evening?.....;)

That's even more confusing.....:pac:

Just give us the name of the pub, don't give us directions......:D

A few scoops tomorrow evening?.....;)

The drinks were last night in Downes, you missed it:D

Map clearly shows Dungarvan is in West Waterford compared to the City and Tramore etc being in the east of the county.:)

map_zpsdf633cdc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

:D

Your east - west are backwards on the map too......:cool:

:D

Your east - west are backwards on the map too......:cool:

ooh get a life:D

Advertisement