Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treating internal parasite in platy?

Options
  • 13-04-2014 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Have a platy that's showing signs of internal parasites (clear/white, 'zigzag' poo, no other external signs other than general lethargy and hiding), but it appears fish shops in Ireland don't sell any of the treatments for this that are available elsewhere -- at least, none of the ones I visited today, or can find online. How have other people treated this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

calum wrote: »
    Have a platy that's showing signs of internal parasites (clear/white, 'zigzag' poo, no other external signs other than general lethargy and hiding), but it appears fish shops in Ireland don't sell any of the treatments for this that are available elsewhere -- at least, none of the ones I visited today, or can find online. How have other people treated this?

tried seahorse aquriums?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

No, I haven't... not immediately seeing anything on their website for internal parasites, but will give them a buzz, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

nah genrally what ya want is metronidazole but ya cant get it here without a prescription , there no point going to vet allot wont bother with fish , waterlife ocotozin is rather good stuff to it may work just depends on the parasite really seahorse the def have it , saved me a few discus actually . pretty sure its filter safe too so you can treat the whole tank with it . if you dont have a quarantine

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

Thanks, spoke to Seahorse and they recommended Kusuri Wormer Plus, so we'll see what happens with that.

Advertisement