Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road clean up...

Options
  • 13-04-2014 8:05pm

...see a lot of red bags of rubbish collected from the sides of the roads around Killarney and South Kerry. Not sure if it's Council or volunteer, but 10/10 for it anyway. The plastic bags and cans and fag packets etc. were a tiny blot on a beautiful county, but great to see the effort and such great results.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

I saw a number of folks out on the Tralee side too, I think that KWD were behind it. I saw a lot of red bags on the Killarney road this afternoon, I sure hope that they are collected in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

It was the KWD 2014 county clean up - http://www.kwdcountycleanup.com/

Fair play to them. Thought it made such a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

The Lough Leane anglers also cleaned up the edge of the lake the Saturday before. They did a mighty job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Every one involved in this should be commended. An excellent job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Took part in the cleanup in my local area on Saturday and have done it over a number of years, on a busy national primary route.

The amount of planned dumping going on seems to have increased, smaller shopping bags full of various kinds of household and other rubbish are everywhere as well as the usual dumping of furniture and heavier items in more isolated areas.

And don't get me started on all the cups from the takeaway teas/coffees.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Great effort, but more needs to be done to inform people that fcuking their rubbish and crap out of car windows is NOT OK, as in a national ad campaign, and stiffer penalties for illegal dumping.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Took part in the cleanup in my local area on Saturday and have done it over a number of years, on a busy national primary route.

The amount of planned dumping going on seems to have increased, smaller shopping bags full of various kinds of household and other rubbish are everywhere as well as the usual dumping of furniture and heavier items in more isolated areas.

A large armchair with a handle on the side, like a La-Z-Boy, was the most memorable thing I saw. Propped by the side of the road. In Killarney National Park. Now I don't like the twit who drops a sweet wrapper. But dumping this in our National park took some effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

A large armchair with a handle on the side, like a La-Z-Boy, was the most memorable thing I saw. Propped by the side of the road. In Killarney National Park. Now I don't like the twit who drops a sweet wrapper. But dumping this in our National park took some effort.

Was up Conor's pass last weekend - first time up and have to say it was spectacular. Ruined by some knacker who left a bag of nappies up there, the bag was ripped and nappies spilling out. Lots of tourists up there but embarrassed to see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I would love to know what kind of person would think dumping their child's crap filled nappies in a beauty spot is perfectly acceptable behaviour. Would dearly love to catch them in the act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

if it i the one i think it was dumped before christmas in a ditch. i thought it had been taken away as it was by the side of the road ome weeks ago but then saw it being collected.

.that was a wonderful collection event, that should never be needed,

Advertisement