Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheap last minute flights (mods please move to right forum )

• 13-04-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hello guys ...
    Myself and a friend got the urge to go abroad kn the next few hours, however we are looking for a last minute flight cheap. I am looking at sky scanner app so not too exp...
    I'm just wondering if we arrived in Dublin airport and got last minute last couple of seats on a flight would it be possible to get a flight lucky cheap ?? Or is that day gone .. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Moved from Virtual Flying

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's the Easter school holidays. I would be surprised if there was anything cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

Yeah but how would you go about it in the airport ??. On bus from Galway at the min with no flights booked :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yeah but how would you go about it in the airport ??. On bus from Galway at the min with no flights booked :)

Go up to the desks of whatever airline you think is going to a route you want to go and ask how much, likely you will be charged a lot. You would be better to look online on travel sites which have package deals flying out tomorrow that may not be fully booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 XeverKing

wow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Unfortunately last minute flights as a concept haven't existed for some years now. The logic used to be that someone sitting in a seat was better than it being empty but it's not longer the industry practice. Data has proven to airlines that increasing prices in the days/hours before a flight makes them more money, often from that last minute business booking or someone who has no choice but to buy the elevated ticket. Also increasing the prices lets regular travellers know that they is no price saving in waiting to book and encourages people to book their flight as soon as possible to get the best price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Thanks for resurrecting a 9 year old thread.

Advertisement