Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to travel to?

• 13-04-2014 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭

I have decided to leave my job and take time out to do some travelling while I am still young. I only plan on going for the summer months but cant decide where to go, part of me wants to do the states and the other half wants to do the thailand/Asia then Australia route. From peoples own experiences what direction would you recommend? I will also be travelling alone! any help or advice appreciated thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 alex111

I'd go to Thailand if I was you, I'm heading there for the summer :) cant wait, I thought about the states aswell but chose thailand from all the stories I've read :)

Enjoy where ever you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

alex111 wrote: »
    I'd go to Thailand if I was you, I'm heading there for the summer :) cant wait, I thought about the states aswell but chose thailand from all the stories I've read :)

Enjoy where ever you go

Yea I'm kind of swaying that way too America would be amazing but I feel like it would be more of an experience in Thailand/oz! When are you heading off?

I'm heading off in 4 weeks :) when are you thinking of travelling ?? I would love to go oz but I'm going to do that next summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Highly recommend China, was there about 10 years or so ago, unreal country, so much to see and do, a must IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

alex111 wrote: »
    I'm heading off in 4 weeks :) when are you thinking of travelling ?? I would love to go oz but I'm going to do that next summer

Im not sure I would love to go to an "Asian city" like Thailand, Singapore, China etc on route to Australia then got o Melbourne and Sydney Gold coast etc. and of course not forgetting Summer bay ha!
    I feel guilty about leaving work though but then again if I use that as an excuse all the time I will never do anything with my life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

Dont feel guilty about your job, I didn't :) I'm heading soon and have nothing planned, just my flight booked and will sort out where to go when I arrive in Bangkok :) all part of the experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Slightly off the point... but instead of leaving your job.... did you not consider taking 4-5 weeks off (stockpiling holidays if necessary)... might find that you get sick of travelling / actually get sick / run out of cash etc. ...and end up coming home to NO job. You can see and do a helluva lot in 5 weeks. Incidently I speak from experience .. some years ago, I left a pretty good job .. to go travelling and "find myself" ... I found myself alright .. It took about 3 weeks, before I realized I hated smelly hostels and that living out of a suitcase and travelling on a shoestring isn't much fun. Just sayin .....

Advertisement