Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nursing studies fetac 5

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mand4990

<snip>
    Please use adverts.ie if you wish to sell books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭loveemmaxxxx

Sinny2 wrote: »
    its the school that sent our results but its from fetac they have it stamped and all and bout 2 weeks later we got our certificate, the school sent that out too :)

Thank you one of my teachers said we won't get them till July and another said June! I hope I can get them in June so then if I don't get results, I can change the cao. What month did u get the? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 penright

Did my Anatomy & Physiology exam last week and it went great.
    Am doing the Human Growth & Development now.
    Has anyone done this module?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

Thank you one of my teachers said we won't get them till July and another said June! I hope I can get them in June so then if I don't get results, I can change the cao. What month did u get the? :)

Im nearly sure ours came the 2nd week in June :)

Im nearly sure ours came the 2nd week in June :)

Thanks. Let's just say I didn't pass for example anatomy I know I won't be able to do nursing in college but could I still use the piolot scheme a friend of mine showed me this.

Or would you have to go back to health care support. It's just I'm not very happy with my anatomy paper :) thanks

It won't let me post the link but what I did was type nursing studies to look at the credit value. I'll try and send it in private message

Thanks. Let's just say I didn't pass for example anatomy I know I won't be able to do nursing in college but could I still use the piolot scheme a friend of mine showed me this.

Or would you have to go back to health care support. It's just I'm not very happy with my anatomy paper :) thanks

It won't let me post the link but what I did was type nursing studies to look at the credit value. I'll try and send it in private message

Im not actually sure but i imagine you could use the pilot scheme. Did you only do 8 modules? 8 modules make up a full award so im not sure if you need a full award to use it for the pilot scheme. But tbh i say once you handed in the anatomy assignments and made a stab at the paper you'll defo get at least a pass. I wasnt happy with mine either at the time and still got a distinction

• Registered Users Posts: 3 manya17

What is the difference between doing nursing studies at VTOS and IT (in my case GTI)? I have not a clue what to choose :( Please help me somebody!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

manya17 wrote: »
    What is the difference between doing nursing studies at VTOS and IT (in my case GTI)? I have not a clue what to choose :( Please help me somebody!

If it's the same module code (5M4349) the same material will be covered in both places and the award will be the same. Make sure both are offering the full major award, not just a component.

Here's the detailed description of the module:
    http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/awardsDirectory.do?method=getMajorAwardDetails&majorAwardId=16513

I spoke with the coordinator at VTOS and she assured me that after the completion the award will be full major. But I meant curriculum, teachers, equipping of study rooms? Can I expect to be the same in both?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

manya17 wrote: »
    I spoke with the coordinator at VTOS and she assured me that after the completion the award will be full major. But I meant curriculum, teachers, equipping of study rooms? Can I expect to be the same in both?

The curriculum will be the same - it has to be.
    I can't comment on staffing or equipment, except to say the cutbacks cut everywhere.

Human Growth & Development - Can someone give me a example of the 2 stages of Post Convential Development?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Isnt that abstract thinking ? Something to do with Kohlberg. When a person can question their place and restrictions in a society. ie stealing medicine to save a life.

Been a while since I looked at the book

Im not actually sure but i imagine you could use the pilot scheme. Did you only do 8 modules? 8 modules make up a full award so im not sure if you need a full award to use it for the pilot scheme. But tbh i say once you handed in the anatomy assignments and made a stab at the paper you'll defo get at least a pass. I wasnt happy with mine either at the time and still got a distinction

I'm looking in the university of Stirling for the feb intake I got merit in a and p so I'm also going to be repeating it. :)

I think i'm going to look into colleges in England abit better too. Would i be right in saying as an irish student studying nursing in the uk we would het our fees paid for by the nhs but wouldn't receive any bursaries?

I think i'm going to look into colleges in England abit better too. Would i be right in saying as an irish student studying nursing in the uk we would het our fees paid for by the nhs but wouldn't receive any bursaries?

If u go to Scotland ur fees are paid. A friend of mine sister is In Glasgow and she went over by herself. I'm after emailing a good fee colleges just waiting for a reply.its 3 distinctions in uni of sterling. It's in A town. I was also looking at accomdation they have accomdation block just for nurses :) and there a place in Glasgow that they have accomdation for international students :)

• Advertisement

Would u ever consider repeating your leaving cert :)

Would u ever consider repeating your leaving cert :)

I dont think so, i say the curriculum would have changed too much since i did mine which was almost 4 years ago. Im keepin fingers crossed going on last years points i have enough for psych nursing in dundalk and in letterkenny so right now they're my main hopes other than FETAC.

I dont think so, i say the curriculum would have changed too much since i did mine which was almost 4 years ago. Im keepin fingers crossed going on last years points i have enough for psych nursing in dundalk and in letterkenny so right now they're my main hopes other than FETAC.

How bad I'm going to apply to England but I think I'm going to repeat my leaving I was 17 last year I'm not As immature and I knows this is defo what I want from the course. It is the more guarentted way of getter in( leaving cert),if u put in the work and also apply to England in the mean time :) sure look I will see what happens with the cao but as my mam said it's better to repeat for 9 months to do something u like then spend 30-40 years on something u hate.

Can anyone help me with 2 questions as I am very unclear on

1 - Describe cognitive change that occur during adolescences

2 - Factors that influence personality development

Thanks

Please do your own work.
    Google will answer both those queries quite easily.

• Advertisement

Sorry don't tell me how to do my work.

I do all my own work.
    The link that you sent is not what I am looking for.

Stop been so smart and picking on me.
    I was only putting the 2 questions out there and I certainly don't need Ur back answers to me.
    You need to have a look at other threads and replies on here that are asking a lot more than me.

Go find a proper job.

I sent you a PM with a source for the answers, before you decided to abuse me.

I think perhaps it's best if we limit your access to this forum for a bit.
    Take a week off from the forum and please come back with a better attitude.

Penright banned for one week for repeatedly ignoring mod instruction and for personal abuse.

Did anyone hear back from VTOS yet?

Got offered nursing in dkit today and accepted :D anyone doing fetac well there is hope after all!

Got offered nursing in dkit today and accepted :D anyone doing fetac well there is hope after all!

Congratulations :) well deserved :)

Did you get anywhere after :) and thanks btw :)

Did you get anywhere after :) and thanks btw :)

Not yet anyway! I'm waiting till round 1. My backup is repeating. My parents are letting me also. There was not 1 person got nursing in my class so far :) congratulations again

Ah round 1 might be good to you. The applicants to nursing this year has dropped a good bit so the points might come down abit http://www.hea.ie/sites/default/files/an_analysis_of_cao_1st_preference_applications_2014.pdf
    But least with repeating the lc and you know what you want far better way of bein guaranteed a place too :)

Ah round 1 might be good to you. The applicants to nursing this year has dropped a good bit so the points might come down abit http://www.hea.ie/sites/default/files/an_analysis_of_cao_1st_preference_applications_2014.pdf
    But least with repeating the lc and you know what you want far better way of bein guaranteed a place too :)

True. I was never 100 percent that I wanted nursing but because I did this year it's all I want and more determined to get it :)

I was offered social care yesterday idk if I'm going to take it yet. Nursing points came down :) 355 for id nursing in wit :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement