Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone - bars/restaurants on the Shannon

Options
  • 13-04-2014 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi Athlone folks, I was just wondering if there are any bars/restaurants overlooking the Shannon. I'm not too familiar with the town, but I'm back in Ireland for a few weeks and we're heading down to a hotel in Athlone next weekend. Are there any pubs with open areas overlooking the river? Anything like that at all?

If we get nice weather, I wouldn't mind hitting somewhere in the afternoon to sit out and enjoy a few pints and a nice view! :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 athlone.ie

Hi Butterface,
    Elements Bistro and Quayside Bar are both located at the Radisson Blu Hotel which overlooks the River Shannon.

The beer garden in Sean's Bar which is located across the bridge down near Athlone Castle, is beside the river Shannon but doesnt actually overlook the river :(

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

athlone.ie wrote: »
    Hi Butterface,
    Elements Bistro and Quayside Bar are both located at the Radisson Blu Hotel which overlooks the River Shannon.

The beer garden in Sean's Bar which is located across the bridge down near Athlone Castle, is beside the river Shannon but doesnt actually overlook the river :(

Oh great thanks, I'll check out the Quayside bar so! :)

Advertisement