Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy or wait?

Options
  • 14-04-2014 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there. My husband and I had to move back to my mam's two bed house were my mam and 17 year old brother live to try save to buy a house as we are waiting 7 years on the council. We have a 6 and half year old boy and 3 month old baby sharing 1 room and my mam in the sofa (by choice as the stairs kill her back). We cannot get a mortgage cause it's my husband on his own working. I am number 61 on the list for a council house for ballyfermot and am wondering how long more will I be waiting on the council does anybody know? Cannot stay much longer in my mam's it's so hard. Thank u in advance for ur help x

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Could you rent instead of buying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

I don't understand your question- you say "Buy or Wait?" Are you in a position to buy without a mortgage?

I'm sure it's difficult on your infirm mother sharing with 2 young children also, what's stopping you renting a house or apt?

Advertisement