Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania woes

Options
  • 14-04-2014 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

So, back in December I got a new machine. Unfortunately, the motherboard (GA-Z87X-HD3) was warped on delivery. As I had also got new RAM/CPU/GFX card, I put it altogether as I needed to ensure that the other parts worked. I then started looking to see how to get the motherboard swapped after the xmas holidays (as most places I've found close for xmas holidays).

0CD955B09E6D4F458F53439D47AA1AE5-0000324027-0003469938-00635L-72BACE6B0D9A4C83907DA760C030456C.jpg

Pixmanias website said that I needed an RMA code from the manufacture. Went to Gigabyte UK who said
    We don’t give DOA codes and do not know what these are from Pixmania to request them.
    and that
    We can inform you this item is from a French distributor called “ALSO FRANCE SAS” This is their website link, you may wish to try to contact them if Pixmania don’t offer any RMA support.

http://www.alsofrance.fr/

You may use Google translate to be able to read certain areas of their site.
    So went to the French site, who said
    Your product was most likely damaged during shipping.
    The seller Pixmania is responsible for shipping I suppose.
    You should deal with your seller because it's a shipping damage.
    Which it wasn't. The box is fine. Absolutely no damage to the box, so can't see how it could be caused by shipping.
    ALSO France is a wholesaler in France and sells only to resellers, no to endusers.
    Pixmania is one of our customers, perhaps your product has been sold from ALSO France to Pixmania, but you bought this product to Pixmania I guess.
    So ALSO only deal with Pixmania, not endusers, and Pixmania want me to get a RMA number from ALSO. Great. Now, lots more emails apart from the above, but they're basically Pixmania, Gigabyte and ALSO passing the buck to each other, and after a while, I just got sick of it, and left it alone, hoping for the best.

However, the best didn't last long. In the past week, USB connections have been dropping. Mouse disconnects and reconnects. USB drives are disconnecting and reconnecting. Trying to recover data from a drive has become infuriating, as the drive keeps being disconnected. This is happening to the front USB ports (connected to the motherboard) and also the to the USB ports on the back of the PC that are connected directly to the motherboard.

So now I'm going to go back to Pixmania, but wish to get it swapped. I have no intention of paying for a new motherboard, and so looking to see if anyone has ever gotten a part swapped that was bought from Pixmania?

I'm not letting this lie.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If the good was faulty you're entitled to a refund/repair/replacement under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services act.

Mention this to them and ask for a replacement if it is faulty, and see how you get on. You are entitled to it.

You can also make a complaint to the NCA is you get no budge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

I'm surprised at Pix to be honest. Last year they replaced a bad graphics card which failed within an hour for me without any questions or issues. Paid for postage too. I'm interested to find out how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

I'm surprised at Pix to be honest.

Couldn't disagree more. Pixmania are a nightmare! Never get back to you. Customer service does not exist. Arrogant beyond belief. And worst of all they do not give a sh*te about their customers or about whether their customers ever purchase from them again, as a matter of fact they would prefer if you didnt purchase anything as it makes their job easier! rant over...

I heard they should be avoided but I've never had an issue with them over the years. Not that I shop there much. Sounds like you have a story to tell...

I'm surprised at Pix to be honest. Last year they replaced a bad graphics card which failed within an hour for me without any questions or issues. Paid for postage too. I'm interested to find out how you get on.

They have to if it's faulty.
    4. Right to redress in case of faulty goods

If an items you bought online turns out to be faulty or not as advertised, you have the same legal rights as if you had bought it in person in a store.

Under EU rules, any faults that become apparent within six months of the goods being delivered are presumed to have existed at the time of delivery. The trader may first offer the consumer a repair or replacement, but if this is not possible or turns out to be unsatisfactory, the consumer may then seek to rescind the contract and ask for a full refund. Refunds must be processed within 30 days.

The trader remains liable to the consumer for any faults that become apparent within two years of purchase – however, if a fault develops after the initial six-month period has already elapsed, the consumer may be asked to prove that the fault was not caused by misuse.

(Citizen's Information)

I have ordered things from them and never had a problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Mr. G wrote: »
    I have ordered things from them and never had a problem
    Heard that they had improved a lot, but don't think I'll be ordering from them any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Have had similar problems with Pixmania also, received goods worth a few hundred euros in damaged condition (i.e. smashed to pieces inside the box), and spent months trying to get returned and replaced, and never got anywhere. I always strongly advise anyone considering purchasing from them not to.

That's shocking altogether Zirconia. You should get on to the NCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

I did consider it at the time (it's a few years ago now), but it just seemed to be a waste of time, with them being based in France (despite the fact that the pixmania.ie domain suggested they had a local presence).

I just purchased the same thing from a physical store in Ireland in the end (which was supposed to be a Christmas present for my son - so he didn't get that until a couple of months later when I gave up chasing my tail with them), and I warn everyone off Pixmania now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 simo_101

Not related to the OP but I just cannot say enough how bad Pixmania are - absolute disgrace! I ordered a tablet through them two days ago, order went through and they took payment - no problem so far. I then get an email asking for a copy of my passport, and proof of address - alarm bells ring naturally. I ring them and they confirmed they needed this information - despite the fact I paid through PayPal, and have never given Paypal any of this information, and the fact that none of this was quoted in the Terms and Conditions - only a vague reference to 'payment verification'

After explaining I wasn't comfortable giving this information by email, and explaining I have never been asked for this before I was subjected to the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced - and I am a Three mobile and Ulster Bank customer, so that's really saying something! I was put on hold, transferred to four different people (having to give my details every. single. time) and told conflicting information by various departments.

I cancelled the order and got it off Amazon. Really cannot advise people against them enough.

• Advertisement

Asking for a passport photo sounds dodgy.

You paid through PayPal anyway so I don't see why that's necessary? Phishing I would have first thought.

I find Amazon one of the best online retailers to deal with, along with a number of Irish websites at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 simo_101

Mr. G wrote: »
    Phishing I would have first thought.

They were my thoughts exactly - and when I explained my concerns I got an incredibly rude response - Even paypay don't even have those details!

I would always look at Elara or Memoryc for components alright, I feel a lot more comfortable dealing with an Irish company - especially ones who have bricks and mortar locations in the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Pixmania = Avoid at all costs

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement