Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Chiropractor in Bray that takes Medical Card?

• 14-04-2014 4:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi I'm not sure if I'm in the right place to post this, I'm sure the mods will find the right home for it if I'm not but I'm having some problems with my back and I'm just wondering if anyone knows a Chiropractor in Bray that accepts the medical card? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Coincidence - would just like to +1 this question.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

I rang the novara centre yesterday and unfortunately they don't take them. Also their chiropractor is off on maternity leave so that's a no go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

I emailed her this morning, I wont expect a reply so...
    there is Patrick Darcy who everyone raves about on Castle St Bray. probably not med card taker but very good by all accounts.

Well I guess if that's the only other option out there I guess I'm going to have to start saving. I think my dad went to Patrick Darcy once I remember there was a chiropractor in Castle Street but I thought they were gone. I'll have to give him a ring but I guess I won't get my hopes up about the medical card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Pat Darcy is an Osteopath not a Chiropractor afaik. Probably wouldn't be too happy being called a chiropractor tbh.

While still an alternative therapy, Osteopathy its not as loopy or kooky or as dangerous as chiropracty and one has to actually study for 5 or 6 years for it rather than pay a diploma farm for your Chiropracty certification.

Chiropracty is not like a Medical Physio therapist or another name for it. Its Alt Med WooWoo and dangerous to boot....just in case you didn't realise. If you already had heard that and don't care or believe 'because it works for you' then fair enough. Each to his own etc etc Just thought I'd make you aware in case you didn't already know.

Anecdotally,My mother went to Pat Darcy the Osteopath a few years ago for a neck problem and he did seem to sort it out for her. Wouldn't let a Chiropractor near my neck or spine even if you gave me a million Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

There's no difference between chiropractors and Wiccan crystal healers. Theyll look at your back and tell you youre crooked and you need spinal manipulation. Physio or osteopath is what yer after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Have a read of this.

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/chiroeval.html

Chiropractic can be a cheap mode of treatment for some types of back pain but one has to be careful not to let them BS you about treating illness or working on your neck or persuading you that you need regular appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I can recommend Pat D'Arcy. I think it cost €60 last time I was there but he is worth it in my book. First visit was in 2002 and 3rd was in 2013. Each time he has fixed me and very quickly without me having to go back to him 10 times. (mostly pregnancy related for info)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I'd recommend Pat D'Arcy too - he completely sorted out my brother's back in two visits a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭N8

Armelodie wrote: »
    There's no difference between chiropractors and Wiccan crystal healers.

Was this the best you could come up with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭N8

Calibos wrote: »
    Pat Darcy is an Osteopath not a Chiropractor afaik. Probably wouldn't be too happy being called a chiropractor tbh.

Perhaps not but I can't see him listed with qualified ostepaths...

http://www.osteopathy.ie/find-an-osteopath/list-of-members
    While still an alternative therapy, Osteopathy its not as loopy or kooky or as dangerous as chiropracty and one has to actually study for 5 or 6 years for it rather than pay a diploma farm for your Chiropracty certification.

Funny chiropractors study in the UK for five years then work a graduate year before being allowed to practice freely.

I think you are misinformed.

Chiropractic can be a cheap mode of treatment for some types of back pain

Now you have changed your mind again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

N8 wrote: »
    Perhaps not but I can't see him listed with qualified ostepaths...

http://www.osteopathy.ie/find-an-osteopath/list-of-members

Funny chiropractors study in the UK for five years then work a graduate year before being allowed to practice freely.

I think you are misinformed.

Now you have changed your mind again.

Checks post history

Interesting.

I'm going to make an appointment with Patrick Darcy I'm just wondering for anyone who's gone to him before how do you get to his office I've walked past the place before but I don't see any door leading up to the second floor, thanks.

Advertisement