Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IDFPA full power

• 14-04-2014 8:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

How did this event finish up yesterday? any big lifts, or anything out of the norm?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭Wood

Squatman wrote: »
    How did this event finish up yesterday? any big lifts, or anything out of the norm?
    Personal Cons:

I had a bout of sciatica, really hurt my squat and bench, I dropped my opener on dead right before the lift. finished about 90kg below where I wanted to.

Due to getting scooped out of it mid diet I had to cut from 109.6 to 97.8 in 5 days

Mats in warmup room were far too soft to be warming up on with heavy squats

Failed 3 lifts

Very little time between lifts. From first squat to last dead was 2.5 hours. Not enough time for food.

Personal Pros:

Came first

Had a great time

Met awesome people

Well run

Squat depth was called very well. Never saw so many people called for it. Including myself.

Standard of judging has vastly improved since the last comp I entered. Every red light was explained.

Venue was great, onsite food was great, spotters were amazing.

End.

Fun was had, but getting up at 4am to weighin at 6 and not lifting til half two was not cool. But that was my choice. The option to weigh in later was given.

I was delighted to be drugs tested despite my lifts not being where I would've liked them.

My plan for the day before the nerve pain hit was 300 dead, 170 bench and 250 squat but I can't blame anything else but me for not hitting them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Squatman

I was in the same group as you so. I missed my first bench because i was in the jacks :(. The rubber mats were very slippy alright. your squat was a head and shoulders ahead of the rest, Deadlift too -and also bench.... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 powerpete

James Hickey came a whisker away from a 345kg pull, had it right up to the lockout but lost the grip at the last moment, some going tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Good stuff Wood.

When I heard your results earlier today, was thinking the cut must have drained you. Same day weigh ins are a bitch. Long days will happen but you know what to expect next time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Amazing work by the sounds of it Wood. Pissed off I didn't go with ye now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Excellently well run competition. Amazing progress made by the IDFPA lately to cope with hugely increased numbers. Huge kudos have to go to all the refs and spotters as well who did a great job over two days with 250 or so lifters to deal with. James Hickey's 245kg deadlift was so close too. I was sure he had it until the bar slipped out of his hand. Should go up next time he tries it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Skull

TGJD wrote: »
    Excellently well run competition. Amazing progress made by the IDFPA lately to cope with hugely increased numbers. Huge kudos have to go to all the refs and spotters as well who did a great job over two days with 250 or so lifters to deal with. James Hickey's 245kg deadlift was so close too. I was sure he had it until the bar slipped out of his hand. Should go up next time he tries it.

It was a 345kg attempt not 245kg. He'll get it in Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Rrrrrrrrrrarrrrrr

Lad has incredible strength, technique though Christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,670 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Here he is lifting 340 back in Feb like it ain't no thang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rgPvdY1za8

Advertisement