Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 light pendants to be turned into 3 separate pendants?

Options
  • 14-04-2014 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I have found this light that I would like to put over my dining table

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-Thebe-3-Light-47-25-in-Ceiling-Chrome-Pendant-90756A/204411766

This site does sell the individual pendant lights as well - but each one is $240 compare to $170 for the 3 pendant light.

So in my "infinite wisdom" I was wondering if I could buy an additional 3 light pendant and have them converted by an electrician to 3 individual pendants?
    Thank you in advance for any help I this matter

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I don't see if the fitting is low voltage (12V) or 230Vac.

I'm sure that nobody would officially sign up to changing this fitting as it would loose a guarantee and would then not have a CE marking.

Bit if it was a 230V fitting each cord could be separated and connected to a standard ceiling rose.

If it was low voltage (at 12V) and you wanted three remote fittings from it then you'd need three transformers (about €15 each) (possibly two if it came with one) The electrician might make up something with a decorative ceiling rose to hold the flex.

Advertisement