Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Season Timings V2

Options
  • 14-04-2014 10:29am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

SB game will be done on Wednesday

So if thats the case...

Re-signings will be Wednesday 10pm to Thursday @ 10 pm

FA Stage 1 will be Thursday 10pm - Saturday 10pm

FA Stage 2 will be Saturday 10pm - Sunday @ 6pm (very little normally happens in this stage imo)

FA Stage 3 will be Sunday 6pm - Monday 8:30pm

Draft will be Monday April 21st @ 9pm

We will then advance through pre-season and the Regular season will start on Wednesday April 22nd

any problems with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Balls.... I'm away Monday and Tuesday next week

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Sounds good to me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Balls.... I'm away Monday and Tuesday next week

trade your picks and then splash the cash in FA

Given we only have one season left and you have a low 1st round pick, you arent likely to get someone whos going to impact your team massively

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

trade your picks and then splash the cash in FA

Given we only have one season left and you have a low 1st round pick, you arent likely to get someone whos going to impact your team massively

Yeah not too worried about the draft, traded picks for players in the pro this season, suited me way better! As long as I can resign all my superstars ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Balls. Will be away from Friday until late Monday. Say I'll miss the draft by an hour :(

Easter weekend is bad timing for me, really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

just a reminder on timings

FA Stage 1 will be Thursday 10pm - Saturday 10pm

FA Stage 2 will be Saturday 10pm - Sunday @ 6pm (very little normally happens in this stage imo)

FA Stage 3 will be Sunday 6pm - Monday 8:30pm

Draft will be Monday April 21st @ 9pm

We will then advance through pre-season and the Regular season will start on Wednesday April 22nd

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Can Scouting be done before the end of free agency does anyone know? Would we not be better allowing a day between FA and the draft to allow this, especially if we are not starting the season until Wednesday?

I guess people have made plans for the draft at this stage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

not sure about anyone else but ive my scouting done, dont think its gonna matter anyway as the cpu teams have all the early picks so im probably not going to get who i want in the 1st round

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

adrian522 wrote: »
    Can Scouting be done before the end of free agency does anyone know? Would we not be better allowing a day between FA and the draft to allow this, especially if we are not starting the season until Wednesday?

I guess people have made plans for the draft at this stage though.
    Almost certain scouting can be done again,possibly at stage 3 of FA
    not sure about anyone else but ive my scouting done, dont think its gonna matter anyway as the cpu teams have all the early picks so im probably not going to get who i want in the 1st round
    Chiefs have picks 5 and 9 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Ive just seen that, you make me sick ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Yeah, I've done a bit of scouting too but it can definitely be done again as I will be doing a lot more when I know what areas exactly I can aim to get after free agency.

From what I've seen so far there's a lot of QB's with 1st round grades on them, no idea if they're any good as I don't need them thus won't scout them, but it might be a good draft for the guys that need one.

I'd definitely recommend that people do it though. Very easy to get guaranteed starters from the scouting if you know exactly what you need.
    PerrinV2 wrote: »

How have you managed to pull that one off? :eek: Presuming you do your scouting, there's two sure-fire starters to slot in and be ranked 85-90 by the time the second half of the season comes around!

Remember the next advance is tomorrow @ 6pm, so get bidding.

You can also scout from now until the draft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Is it a race to FA immediately after the draft and we are allowed pick up one player?

And then one player for each week after that?

I'll stick up a detailed post later but one FA per week for weeks 1 and 2 we are basically having a day of Pre season so biggest thing is making sure you are not over 53 as players will be cut by the CPU

If Alex Smith doesn't get picked up after the current stage of the offseason then there will be a serious race to get on and get him :pac:

Well, traffic has killed any hope of me salvaging this off-season :(

Will have perhaps 5 mins to sort FA offers and scout :pac:

Knex. wrote: »
    Well, traffic has killed any hope of me salvaging this off-season :(

Will have perhaps 5 mins to sort FA offers and scout :pac:

drive faster!

drive faster!

Should have said that to the bus driver. (Bus wanker, I know :p)

Pretty much ran from off the bus to home, so we're all good. Now to scouting!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What's the story? Thought the draft was at 9? I thought we could scout now but draft already started?

These human teams need to trim the fat

Just an FYI to help, that's all

Bengals 54
    Browns 54
    Chargers 55
    Giants 54
    Saints 54
    Seahawks 55

Tbh I'd say it's more an issue for many teams of having too few players then too many. Lots of ye in the 40's

Better hit FA during pre-season ;)

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    These human teams need to trim the fat

Just an FYI to help, that's all

Bengals 54
    Browns 54
    Chargers 55
    Giants 54
    Saints 54
    Seahawks 55

Tbh I'd say it's more an issue for many teams of having too few players then too many. Lots of ye in the 40's

Better hit FA during pre-season ;)

Cheers Mike, surprised I have 54 to be honest. I was worried during free agency that I wouldn't be able to get enough players to make 53 with my cap space. Worked out fine though thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Are injuries going to be off for the pre season? All these simmed games will destroy peoples rosters

And now I take my Ravens to play the CPU Cards for some XP whoring :pac:

Building up XP is what pre season is for!

hold off playing for about 20 min oif you can.. need to turn injuries off!

injuries are now off

Advertisement