Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dagging shears

• 14-04-2014 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I see one of these advertised for €25 from a well known Galway sheep equipment retailer. Anybody have one , are they any good ?? Have a few stores to tidy up. Says it's self sharpening as well ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

It looks kinda big?

I got smaller shears there a few years ago, its got maybe 4 or 5 inch long blades / sides. Its a god enough job - better than the big ones I find.

I find it easy enough to sharpen too - I just run a chainsaw file (cos that's all I can ever find) along it every now and then...

Also - would the one on DD be that bit harder on the fingers - when the its more like a scissors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Thanks john, I have an old type hand clippers at the moment but gets very dull very easily when cleaning up dirty ends so thought this one might have been handy for that. I'll have a root around and see what I can find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭eire23

Have one here....thought it might be handy for doing the odd one instead of the electric or normal hand shears.

Find it awkward as hell for using and their seems to be a miss in it, blade is starting to rust already on it as well. Feckin should have known well by the look of the damn thing:rolleyes:

Advertisement